Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Did you actually try it on combat, or just out of combat healing?
    A guild member had this issue. Only Shadowmoon procs on healing spells but the mastery enchant will proc on offensive casts. Discipline can pretty safely use the other enchants but Holy is much more limited unless they run Solace.

In or out of combat made no difference for them. As soon as they cast Smite, their multristrike enchant procced.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    A guild member had this issue. Only Shadowmoon procs on healing spells but the mastery enchant will proc on offensive casts. Discipline can pretty safely use the other enchants but Holy is much more limited unless they run Solace.

In or out of combat made no difference for them. As soon as they cast Smite, their multristrike enchant procced.
    That's strange, I should probably do some testing on my own when I am free.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Guys are you using any type of macros for healing the Spore's mushrooms? Like auto-target or something like this :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UbuntuDaaW View Post
    Guys are you using any type of macros for healing the Spore's mushrooms? Like auto-target or something like this :\
    Mouseovers with boss frames for me. My boss frames are next to my raid frames so its easy enough for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Mouseovers with boss frames for me. My boss frames are next to my raid frames so its easy enough for me.
    It's a good advice, in NM/HC I'm healing the mushrooms without macros but for the mythic-mode I must improve my playstyle!

What are BiS trinkets for disc other than candle + 3/3 hourglass?

I've currently the impregnator one (dps), twin ogron and 1/3 hourglass (running shards + hourglass). Is the one from koragh or the spirit one from impregnator better than these?
    Last edited by bkw; 2014-12-29 at 10:30 AM.

Everburning Candle is pretty sweet. Insane overbudget int (it has more int than even mythic trinkets), and a good amount of mana regen.

334 int, and mana on-use equivalent to somewhere around 220 spirit.

Deleted
    Hm, I'm kind of confused/need help with Weapon Enchants.

Maybe I'm thinking too deep into them, but I see no real reason to use anything but the Spirit Enchant.
    Although the mastery boost would be good in quite a few situations, I'm somewhat afraid it'll just proc during downtime and it would "force" me to heal to benefit from the proc even though no damage would be coming in. Not to mention since I'm (mainly) on tank duty it wouldn't even affect my healing that much considering CoW is capped to 50% of the targets health. Meanwhile the spirit proc will be good as long as I'm under 100% mana.

This all may change as our guild get's into Mythics and when the damage goes up a notch, but currently in heroic/normal Highmaul I feel like the Spirit enchant is the one I benefit from the most.

Yeah, that's the thing I don't like about the non-spirit weapon enchants: The procs are too damn short. I'd rather have the Spirit enchant because it provides a lot of mana, allowing more flash heals or PoH's.

But really, the only fights where mana really matters for me are the last two. Everything else is pretty trivial in terms of mana.

My disc guide is already up to 7000 words and I've only done the intro, change log, talents and stats :| ... I'm gonna need to write a completely separate TLDR guide aswell methinks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post

Idk, i'm pretty certain I was able to proc the frostwolf multistrike one from my heals in holy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    Hm, I'm kind of confused/need help with Weapon Enchants.

Maybe I'm thinking too deep into them, but I see no real reason to use anything but the Spirit Enchant.
    Although the mastery boost would be good in quite a few situations, I'm somewhat afraid it'll just proc during downtime and it would "force" me to heal to benefit from the proc even though no damage would be coming in. Not to mention since I'm (mainly) on tank duty it wouldn't even affect my healing that much considering CoW is capped to 50% of the targets health. Meanwhile the spirit proc will be good as long as I'm under 100% mana.

This all may change as our guild get's into Mythics and when the damage goes up a notch, but currently in heroic/normal Highmaul I feel like the Spirit enchant is the one I benefit from the most.
    Not really, the spirit one is only good if you're running out of mana. If you're at sub any 100% and it procs, that's only useful if it prevents you from going OOM later. if you end the fight with 50% mana it did nothing.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Not really, the spirit one is only good if you're running out of mana. If you're at sub any 100% and it procs, that's only useful if it prevents you from going OOM later. if you end the fight with 50% mana it did nothing.
    On the other hand, under the current model, you can always run yourself OOM by being more aggressive with PoH etc during AOE. And it'll probably end up being a bigger gain to be able to cast more PoH's than the random stat boosts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    On the other hand, under the current model, you can always run yourself OOM by being more aggressive with PoH etc during AOE. And it'll probably end up being a bigger gain to be able to cast more PoH's than the random stat boosts.
    In my gear 5 target 0 overheal PoH is only ~7% more hps, at 75% increased mana expenditure over Power Word: Shield. This will get even closer with more mastery items. Definitely not worth having extra spirit for.

The mana cost of PoH is literally designed with the 4pc in mind. Bad design if you ask me.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2014-12-30 at 06:23 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    In my gear 5 target 0 overheal PoH is only ~7% more hps, at 75% increased mana expenditure over Power Word: Shield. This will get even closer with more mastery items. Definitely not worth having extra spirit for.

The mana cost of PoH is literally designed with the 4pc in mind. Bad design if you ask me.
    Given that we currently don't have many good spirit necks/rings, wouldn't it be better to sacrifice the Spirit on those pieces rather than the weapon enchant?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Given that we currently don't have many good spirit necks/rings, wouldn't it be better to sacrifice the Spirit on those pieces rather than the weapon enchant?
    Swapping Legendary rings is probably the easiest/smoothest way to lower mana supply slightly if you genuinely feel you have a little too much overall mana.

[QUOTE=Chimaera;31421079]In my gear 5 target 0 overheal PoH is only ~7% more hps, at 75% increased mana expenditure over Power Word: Shield. This will get even closer with more mastery items. Definitely not worth having extra spirit for.

It's still an increase in AOE situations, though :P. And as someone pointed out, you can drop spirit from static pieces like cloak and jewelry, rather than from your weapon procs. Rather have a spirit weapon proc and static mastery for overall increase, than a big increase every once inawhile when it might not help and static spirit.

The gain is closer to 10% because of the way PoH interacts with mastery on a crit.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gain is closer to 10% because of the way PoH interacts with mastery on a crit.
    I included that in the calculation. Maybe you just have more crit than me. Or less Mastery.

I included that in the calculation. Maybe you just have more crit than me. Or less Mastery.
    Just for academic purposes, I modified my mastery value by 1000 rating over my current amount@1742 raid buffed, and it went from 11% to 9% throughput increase.

Also, I have only 241 crit rating.

So unless your base mastery before raid buffs is something like 2k+++, I find your 7% value hard to believe.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just for academic purposes, I modified my mastery value by 1000 rating over my current amount@1742 raid buffed, and it went from 11% to 9% throughput increase.

Also, I have only 241 crit rating.

So unless your base mastery before raid buffs is something like 2k+++, I find your 7% value hard to believe.
    Where are you getting your spells values from? At 38.14% mastery and 12.2% crit, I'd expect PoH to be an hps loss against casting PW: Shield. I'm very curious to see what your PoH and PW: Shield heal for non-crit. I have less mastery and far more crit than you, and that's the only reason my gain is as big as it is.

Correct me if I am wrong: PW: Shield is 600% Spellpower and PoH is 221.664% per person hit. These values do not include Grace.

Where are you getting your spells values from? At 38.14% mastery and 12.2% crit, I'd expect PoH to be an hps loss against casting PW: Shield. I'm very curious to see what your PoH and PW: Shield heal for non-crit. I have less mastery and far more crit than you, and that's the only reason my gain is as big as it is.

Correct me if I am wrong: PW: Shield is 600% Spellpower and PoH is 221.664% per person hit. These values do not include Grace.
    I am using Myllior's spreadsheet for one, and PoH comes with innate +10% crit chance. Even at maximum mastery range(at least for this tier), it's impossible for PoH to have a lesser HPS rating than PW:S.