Page 89 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taekk View Post
    stop reading right about there.
    Dungeon healing...very diffrent

And since the poster hes replying to says hes having trouble gaining AA stacks and healing tanks who get trucked he prob means hes lower level/geared. Meaning you will heal diffrent.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-03-30 at 09:56 PM.

Dungeon/challenge mode healing as a disc actually requires you to restore health, shockingly enough. Shields don't bring peoples' heath bars back up.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

it looks like you stopped reading quite a bit before that.

Well, MMO Champion isn't letting me post a link to my logs here as I'm too new. I was hoping to get y'all to look at them and give me some ideas on how to improve my performance. Sooooo, instead of that, maybe I can get your evaluation of our best stat after mastery. It's my understanding that our priority is intel>spirit to comfortable>mastery......... what's next? I've read conflicting reports on haste, crit and multistrike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texybelle View Post
    Well, MMO Champion isn't letting me post a link to my logs here as I'm too new. I was hoping to get y'all to look at them and give me some ideas on how to improve my performance. Sooooo, instead of that, maybe I can get your evaluation of our best stat after mastery. It's my understanding that our priority is intel>spirit to comfortable>mastery......... what's next? I've read conflicting reports on haste, crit and multistrike.
    Entirely depends on your role in raids / your spell break down / your players ability to avoid unnecessary dmg & using cd's (Which is where logs come into play)

Tank healing; Int > Mastery > Crit =/= Ms
    Raid mitigation; Int > Mastery > Haste
    Ignored Spirit as it differs for everyone.

Deleted
    Intel > Spirit (until comfortable) > Mastery > Haste (until comfortable) > Multistrike.

I dont think you should gear towards "tank healing" as you wont be doing that all the time, or hopefully you got a holy pala and geared tanks so u wont at all. I also heard haste is quite good for CoW wich would be considered tank healing. Im not sure how much crit is doing for tank healing aside from penance.

I have two trinkets equipped that proc haste: mythic auto-repairing autoclave and heroic darmac's unstable talisman. I also have the EBC and have been a bit concerned that these two trinkets, both with haste, aren't the best choice. Should I switch one for the candle?

I never have a tank "assignment" and actually there are no assignments at all in our raids. It's a healing free-for-all.

Deleted
    I have two trinkets equipped that proc haste: mythic auto-repairing autoclave and heroic darmac's unstable talisman. I also have the EBC and have been a bit concerned that these two trinkets, both with haste, aren't the best choice. Should I switch one for the candle?

I never have a tank "assignment" and actually there are no assignments at all in our raids. It's a healing free-for-all.
    Im never a fan of proc trinkets for healers unless its spirit/mana, its to unreliable.

Candle is a good choice cause of the high amount of int and still giving mana back on use, and its often used together with Chew toy. If you have mana problems tho or a more mana intensive fight you can swich it out for a spirit trinket. But make sure to get spirit on all your items and a spirit wep ench before that, good use of solace/MB will go a long way aswell.

You can use darmac trinket for short and not so intensive mana fights, mainly for the int together with candle.

Also there will be situations to be assigned to a tank, brackenspore for example. But generally its best to just react to damage. Are the tanks getting hit hard or low on hp? React to it and shield/penance them or even flash heal if they otherwise would die. Other then that you should just focus on preventing damage to the raid.

I am seeing more and more priests getting the 4pc with the Blast Furnace trinket. How is that going?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I am seeing more and more priests getting the 4pc with the Blast Furnace trinket. How is that going?
    The 4pc doesn't really have any relation wtih the BF trinket.

4pc is BiS with the ilvl upgrade(especially with the effective 100+ spirit on 4 set), while the spirit trinkets were significantly buffed (like a 33% buff to their spirit values).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

I see, I thought the spirit/ms trinket was mostly to use Prayer of Healing more with the 4pc.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2015-04-04 at 08:57 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I see, I thought the spirit/ms trinket was mostly to use Prayer of Healing more with the 4pc.
    I think it's more due to the fact it is currently the best trinket regen-wise - although the Blackhand trinket has more raw spirit, the haste proc does dampen the spirit value significantly.

I ran heroic BRF last night with two druids on the heal "team" that blew me out of the water. The #1 druid had a significant overheal, of course. I was third almost every fight. Do the constant HOTs just render my pw:s ineffective? What is the proper approach in that situation? I just did what I usually do. Of course, the raid went fine but I don't like being #3.

Deleted
    I ran heroic BRF last night with two druids on the heal "team" that blew me out of the water. The #1 druid had a significant overheal, of course. I was third almost every fight. Do the constant HOTs just render my pw:s ineffective? What is the proper approach in that situation? I just did what I usually do. Of course, the raid went fine but I don't like being #3.
    Hard to say without logs. Maby they were better geared? If you played well, healing meters shouldn´t matter, at times is also get outhealed by the druid in my guild as hes really good. Also depense on wich boss. If you learn damage patterns and preshield for damage you wil be stronger then hots, but they also work nice together at times.

Thank you for that reply, Shinbout. I am continuing to post hoping to reach that elusive threshold when I'll be allowed to post logs.

HOTs won't render your shields ineffective. Was this farm or progression? I can see being overcome by other healers if your raid is taking a lot of unnecessary damage outside of what you should already be pre-shielding for. Are you pre-shielding for all of the major raid damage mechanics? How's your AA uptime?

Deleted
    Thank you for that reply, Shinbout. I am continuing to post hoping to reach that elusive threshold when I'll be allowed to post logs.
    Just post it with spaces or replace the dots by (dot) and you can post it. Its allowed . Or share your name and server (and possibly date/bosses) and we can also look you up on WCL

Thank you, Shinbout!

Texybelle/Bleeding Hollow

This is the gruul fight with the druids:

https: //www dot warcraftlogs.com/reports/ytxVakG6WAYZdFzr#fight=1&type=healing

This is the gruul fight BEFORE that:

https: //www dot warcraftlogs.com/reports/Hcr8XNf4y3Y6hCMt#fight=3&type=healing

Deleted
    Thank you, Shinbout!

Texybelle/Bleeding Hollow

This is the gruul fight with the druids:

https: //www dot warcraftlogs.com/reports/ytxVakG6WAYZdFzr#fight=1&type=healing

This is the gruul fight BEFORE that:

https: //www dot warcraftlogs.com/reports/Hcr8XNf4y3Y6hCMt#fight=3&type=healing
    First thing i notice in both logs, not a single PoH cast? You should be using your EAA PoH espcially on a fight like gruul.
    Im not good at reading logs indept so i cant tell if you do this. But make sure you know wich group gets hit first on pull by slice and after phase 2 so you can pre shield them. Then keep preshielding group 1-2-1-2 etc. Use EAA PoH to heal a lower hp group up or to preshield if you for example didnt get full shiels out or create a buffer for the slice debuff.

It also helps if the raid leader sets up the groups right, if this is not the case. I often see this in pugs and its very annoying for a disc priest. Ive had pugs who put 15 people in 6 diffrent groups. This is very bad for your PoH. Also the reason i always get assist in my guild raids (wohoo!)

I think the reason the druids are above you and the holy priest is near you is because they all work with hots and if you aren´t good/fast enough with pre shielding they will just snipe your healing (or absorbs for that matter). They also just seem more skilled then the shaman and MW monk in your other raid.

Thanks very much for taking the time to look at the logs. Prayer of healing is a weakness of mine, I'll try to make that happen more often. And no, I am not the sharpest disc in the shop, for sure. I wondered about those hots, though, and thank you for looking for me!