Page 91 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wonder if you could do the same thing with the trinket...

Deleted
    hi guys, i don't know if you can help here nor if this is the place, but i have a friend disc and i'am trying to help him, yesterday in the blackhand's log we see something strange when compared to other parse, his power word: shield as less 250 hits with the same number of casts. i post the log below:

compared:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/CfbmX49D7cYy36jt/RmpnFvyw6dtj1qJK#fight=12,12&source=13,Lahsna&type=healing&by=source&ability=17

his log:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/CfbmX49D7cYy36jt/#type=healing&source=13

armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggra-portugues/Padr/simple

thanks and sorry if isn't the place to seek help
    Last edited by mmoc60a135344d; 2015-04-21 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrabas View Post
    hi guys, i don't know if you can help here nor if this is the place, but i have a friend disc and i'am trying to help him, yesterday in the blackhand's log we see something strange when compared to other parse, his power word: shield as less 250 hits with the same number of casts. i post the log below:

compared:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/CfbmX49D7cYy36jt/RmpnFvyw6dtj1qJK#fight=12,12&source=13,Lahsna&type=healing&by=source&ability=17

his log:

armory:

It just means his shields are weaker than yours.

He is using Glyph of Power Word: Shield which nobody in the right mind should touch.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

compared:

his log:

armory:

He's far more geared than you (by a good 15 ilvls to boot), and he has a lot of multistrike. He's listed as holy in the armory so his numbers may be inflated a bit, but he's showing 1500 multistrike which means all of his shields have a chance to hit twice. That's mainly where the extra hits are coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by akawhisp View Post
    He's far more geared than you (by a good 15 ilvls to boot), and he has a lot of multistrike. He's listed as holy in the armory so his numbers may be inflated a bit, but he's showing 1500 multistrike which means all of his shields have a chance to hit twice. That's mainly where the extra hits are coming in.
    The Hits are events absorbed, not absorb applications. So in this case it means the targets he's applying shields to are getting hit for smaller amounts, Whether that be pulse raid dmg or dot ticks rather than 200k+ melee's like a tank would be taking.

A multistrike or a crit on an absorb just end up adding to the size of it, You can treat it almost as an average size increase. Simple division should get you that avg. Total absorbed (before or after overheal) / casts.

Also worth mentioning that smaller shields get used up first in priority (with a few exceptions like death strike/shield). If you're comparing absorbs from say a paladin and 2 discs on the same target. Illuminated, Divine Aegis, PWS, Clarity of Will. If they're in order of size like I just listed, and the player takes a hit for double the size of the lowest shield. It would completely use up the Illuminated, then take the remainder out of the Divine Aegis. The next hit would take off the Aegis and its remainder (if any from the shield). Its not something you normally need to be paying huge attention to, but there are cases where its handy to know if a shield will be wasted for any reason.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2015-04-22 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    The Hits are events absorbed, not absorb applications. So in this case it means the targets he's applying shields to are getting hit for smaller amounts, Whether that be pulse raid dmg or dot ticks rather than 200k+ melee's like a tank would be taking.

A multistrike or a crit on an absorb just end up adding to the size of it, You can treat it almost as an average size increase. Simple division should get you that avg. Total absorbed (before or after overheal) / casts.

Also worth mentioning that smaller shields get used up first in priority (with a few exceptions like death strike/shield). If you're comparing absorbs from say a paladin and 2 discs on the same target. Illuminated, Divine Aegis, PWS, Clarity of Will. If they're in order of size like I just listed, and the player takes a hit for double the size of the lowest shield. It would completely use up the Illuminated, then take the remainder out of the Divine Aegis. The next hit would take off the Aegis and its remainder (if any from the shield). Its not something you normally need to be paying huge attention to, but there are cases where its handy to know if a shield will be wasted for any reason.
    thank you, so the problem could be in bad anticipation of damage? i see when i compare the logs with others, less uptime with archangel, empowered archangel and evangelism, that could be the problem too? i don't know nothing about the classe

if you can help guys i'll be grateful

thank you, so the problem could be in bad anticipation of damage? i see when i compare the logs with others, less uptime with archangel, empowered archangel and evangelism, that could be the problem too? i don't know nothing about the classe

Low uptime, at least in percent, isn't bad for EAA. Most priests cast AA, then cast PoH soon after, so the uptime on the buff itself is low, but that's not really a problem. Most likely bad anticipation of damage. Evangelism uptime can be low as well, I personally don't really purposely stack any evangelism until I need it, which by that point is either an offensive penance or a holy fire away from being at 5 stacks.

Good to know. That makes a lot more sense.

I would tend to agree on the bad anticipation part. Different reason though. 20%+ overheal on PWS is pretty huge.

Deleted
    ok , I was hoping it was something different. only with time will come the knowledge of fights ... one last question , why do you prefer the glyph to increase 10y to the holy fire instead of Power Word glyph : shield? always ends with 1 million heal ....

thanks for listening , and sorry my bad english

When you use the PWS glyph, it makes the heal portion of the shield only be boosted by the heal portion of disc mastery rather than the absorb part (50% effectiveness) It also means that unless you're shielding a player that isn't at full health, you will be wasting heals all the time. With disc being a preventative spec you want to absorb the damage, not react to it. The Holy Fire glyph is purely a mobility thing, so you don't always have to be within 30 yards should you be playing with solace, It's by no means mandatory, just useful.

The Holy Fire glyph is purely a mobility thing, so you don't always have to be within 30 yards should you be playing with solace, It's by no means mandatory, just useful.
    Fade Glyph is a good alternative to this. The only mandatory glyph would be Penance as the additional mana cost is negligible and gives us far more mobility.

When you use the PWS glyph, it makes the heal portion of the shield only be boosted by the heal portion of disc mastery rather than the absorb part (50% effectiveness) It also means that unless you're shielding a player that isn't at full health, you will be wasting heals all the time. With disc being a preventative spec you want to absorb the damage, not react to it. The Holy Fire glyph is purely a mobility thing, so you don't always have to be within 30 yards should you be playing with solace, It's by no means mandatory, just useful.
    Completely wrong.

With or without the glyph, the total effectiveness of PW:S is exactly the same. What the glyph does is that it *converts* 20% of the total absorb value into healing *as is*.

So if unglyphed PW:S is exactly 50000 absorption in value, then glyphed PW:S is 10000 healing and 40000 absorption.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Either way, it's a bad glyph that doesn't play to discs strengths.

The only point of that glyph with Discipline is that glyphed PW:S can trigger Twist of Fate and unglyphed can't. A few classes have passives that increase the size of heals they receive which can boost the glyph heal-- Warlock Demon Armor did this at the end of MOP, I don't remember if it-- but that's an extreme edge case.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The only point of that glyph with Discipline is that glyphed PW:S can trigger Twist of Fate and unglyphed can't. A few classes have passives that increase the size of heals they receive which can boost the glyph heal-- Warlock Demon Armor did this at the end of MOP, I don't remember if it-- but that's an extreme edge case.
    Ever since we moved from shielding via heals interacting with Divine Aegis to pure and direct shielding, we don't use ToF either so this is really a moot point.

Deleted
    I'm loving this priest thread. But I do miss the days of Smite Spam. But it's nice seeing how other people are saying they play priest. It's a good way to get some tips and try to do different things.

I tend to run out of mana insanely quick as my disc priest and I struggle not to. Am I doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPaladinRhiya View Post
    I'm loving this priest thread. But I do miss the days of Smite Spam. But it's nice seeing how other people are saying they play priest. It's a good way to get some tips and try to do different things.

I tend to run out of mana insanely quick as my disc priest and I struggle not to. Am I doing something wrong?
    Depense on raid setup, playstyle and wich boss, but else:

• Use solace on CD/Use mindbender on CD together with PI
    • Use mana potions in a good time (preferably channeled ones)
    • Get spirit items and spirit wep enchants and regen trinkets

Some bosses like blast furnace or underhealing other bosses can cost more mana so be sure to use spirit trinkets for that if you are struggling. Be sure you aren´t spamming ur Pw:s mindlessly, don´t use PoH outside of EAA/4 set and only flash heal on emergencies. Keep up your AA (bigger heals/absorbs = less mana needed) and dont atonement to much unless your mana allows it on downtimes and u might need the extra dps (dont see this happen often).

Having to much haste and not enough spirit to go with it can also be a problem.

If you still struggle link ur armory and WCL if possible and we´d probably get more info out of it.

Am I the only crazy priest spamming Holy Nova during the grasping runes hands phase on Mythic Kromog? My guild has me pretty close to the middle and I did 1.7m damage to the hands during our last 15% wipe on him. 30 casts with 325 hits, so I'm hitting almost 10 hands per cast and the average hit was 5200 damage. Not amazing but given the usually low damage during the phase, it kinda feels like the right thing to do?

You must be.. just do Halo in that phase and you'll be rewarded.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch