I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way this isn't getting nerfed, or capped to six targets at least. Sure, most of that is just overhealing, but still, it's a ton of potential "free" healing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    There's no way this isn't getting nerfed, or capped to six targets at least. Sure, most of that is just overhealing, but still, it's a ton of potential "free" healing.
    If it's done properly, the output is a lot higher(if always targeting the druid tank/feral druid and maintaining 2pc bonus) and the overhealing is lower(healers need to spread the healing out more).
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-07-17 at 10:18 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Must say I'm surprised.. all info we had on beta on the monk forum was that is was situational.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Hey all, just gonna drop a few questions in here. Haven't looked at Disc healing much this expansion.

Is it safe to assume CoW should be top 3 of a Disc's healing? Is that only on tank heavy healing fights or usually all encounters?

Is SS a thing anymore? I vaguely remember reading it's pretty shit in WoD. Is PI the go to talent?

Appriciate any help, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Hey all, just gonna drop a few questions in here. Haven't looked at Disc healing much this expansion.

Is it safe to assume CoW should be top 3 of a Disc's healing? Is that only on tank heavy healing fights or usually all encounters?

Is SS a thing anymore? I vaguely remember reading it's pretty shit in WoD. Is PI the go to talent?

Appriciate any help, thanks
    Generally, if you take CoW, it should be pretty high on your healing. Either second, third, or fourth on healing would normal and expected. It varies based on fight, and how much you actually use it.

SS is more or less garbage. Its incredibly mana intensive and not worth it. You'll do similar healing with just using PI and shield spamming. The only instance I've heard of SS being useful is on Tyrant Velhari during Phase 2 when your hp is capped at sub 40-45%. But even then, its still not really worth it.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Thank you.

For keeping tanks up on say, Velhari, in the last phase. How's Flash Heal VS. CoW spam? HPS and mana wise. Can you afford to spam CoW in that situation or is that the wrong way of going about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Thank you.

For keeping tanks up on say, Velhari, in the last phase. How's Flash Heal VS. CoW spam? HPS and mana wise. Can you afford to spam CoW in that situation or is that the wrong way of going about it?
    If you feel the tanks need the extra healing then yes CoW is a good place there. Not sure what to tell you aside from just reacting the right way and the right moments. Keep CoW on tank but if they drop to low heal then use healing spells. Casting CoW while tank is on half or less hp (or even higher on that fight depending on how good ur tanks handle damage) is very dangerous as they can die while you are casting. Ofcourse make your healers help out on tank healing too.

One thing to note on Velhari P3 is that the stuff on the ground doesn't hurt all that much on heroic (thus even less so on normal). If/when you fall behind on tank healing you can easily stand in it for a bit with a bubble and maybe fade glyph and catch back up on tank healing. This is especially true for healers with strong personal DR CDs like pallies.

The biggest reason not to use CoW is Holy Paladins - they are simply better for general tank healing than CoWing disc priests. CoW sees large usage in the absence of any holy paladin and has specialized uses even with a holy pally (such as CoWing Gift of Man'ari targets and Artilleried tanks in the Reaver fight).

For most situations, it's best to have 1 or 2 holy pallies doing their thing and the disc priest takes WoM and provides support tank healing through PWS and PoM and otherwise raid shield spams.

Flash Heal is an emergency heal (it's a lot faster than CoW and in many cases CoW isn't an option) - if you find yourself casting Flash Heal a lot your raid has issues to address.

Did some testing with legendary ring, and absorbs do not count toward the absorb mechanic the ring provides.

So are we supposed to start PoH'ing now on bosses like gorefiend when the ring is up ?(if we can spare the mana)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talhooo View Post
    Did some testing with legendary ring, and absorbs do not count toward the absorb mechanic the ring provides.

So are we supposed to start PoH'ing now on bosses like gorefiend when the ring is up ?(if we can spare the mana)
    To an extent, but not really. If you have the extra mana to spare, sure. But it is still pretty costly. Even if you did PoH spam, it would only help in certain situations like on Gorefiend feast where you can spam PoH for the entire duration with little overheal.

The ring is mainly an extra AA for disc. It actually is a pretty good CD with PI+IG+Ring+shield spam. 50% increase in shields + all that crit. Some massive shields get thrown on people.

I ran it on our heroic clear this past tuesday, and I was the only healer with it and basically used it on CD with PI, and it only did around 300-500k healing per fight. But the extra 25% healing was juicy. It won't do anywhere near the amount that it will for throughput healers but thats okay.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

I've been debating, at which ilvl do you plan to ditch the 2pc T17 ?

I got mythic shoulders from Iron Reaver last night (620 ilvl haste/mastery) and the heroic warforged helm from Archimonde (626 ilvl), sadly I only have mythic helm/shoulders/gloves so I can't really play with pieces..

So I'm debating if the 20+ ilvl upgrade is enough to drop the 2pc T17.

Yes, no tier yet, I'm next on the list though. You can see the gear from the link in sig, I can use that or replace with T17 mythic shoulders/gloves.

It's really hard to put a value on the evangelism stack given by penance. My original idea was to keep 2pc T17 until I replace it with mythic T18, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I've been debating, at which ilvl do you plan to ditch the 2pc T17 ?

I got mythic shoulders from Iron Reaver last night (620 ilvl haste/mastery) and the heroic warforged helm from Archimonde (626 ilvl), sadly I only have mythic helm/shoulders/gloves so I can't really play with pieces..

So I'm debating if the 20+ ilvl upgrade is enough to drop the 2pc T17.

Yes, no tier yet, I'm next on the list though. You can see the gear from the link in sig, I can use that or replace with T17 mythic shoulders/gloves.

It's really hard to put a value on the evangelism stack given by penance. My original idea was to keep 2pc T17 until I replace it with mythic T18, but I'm not so sure anymore.
    I swapped it out immediately since we run double holy paladin. Not much point in increasing Penance overheal really.

2pc is only useful on certain encounters like Velhari and Gorefiend, so those are fights I would only consider swapping back to 2/2 for.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    What is a good way of managing your Evangelism stacks without the 2p from T17? I feel like this has spoled me rotten and now Im trying to get used to not having that bonus from offensive penance.

Im finding that I have a difficult time spamming my smite to get the stacks up although I dont think this is the best way. Anyone have suggestions for rotations?
    My AA uptime is solidly at 50% but Id like to get that better. Currently I have the T18 4p but I still have the gear for my T17 2p if needed.

Are there any HFC mythic fights that are three healed without a disc? I heard my guild talking about not using Disc on Kormrok, what makes us weak on that fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrrie View Post
    Are there any HFC mythic fights that are three healed without a disc? I heard my guild talking about not using Disc on Kormrok, what makes us weak on that fight?
    It's still possible to 3 heal it with a disc, if all three of your healers are pretty strong.

The reason for 3 healing is because it allows you to have the dps to completely bypass the aids that is the purple pool. The reason for doing it without disc is so that you have adequate throughput cd's for all the poundings/hands that you need them for. There is very little else to heal outside of poundings on those fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    What is a good way of managing your Evangelism stacks without the 2p from T17? I feel like this has spoled me rotten and now Im trying to get used to not having that bonus from offensive penance.

Im finding that I have a difficult time spamming my smite to get the stacks up although I dont think this is the best way. Anyone have suggestions for rotations?
    My AA uptime is solidly at 50% but Id like to get that better. Currently I have the T18 4p but I still have the gear for my T17 2p if needed.
    I normally play holy so don't take my words as gold here, but on the days I've felt like playing disc recently I've taken Power Word: Solace to help out with this. This helps, meaning you only need to cast a couple of smites per AA cycle - also, if there's nothing much going on that I need to actually heal, I sometimes toss penance off offensively just to use it up and get the evangelism, clipping it after the first tick if necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    It's still possible to 3 heal it with a disc, if all three of your healers are pretty strong.

The reason for 3 healing is because it allows you to have the dps to completely bypass the aids that is the purple pool. The reason for doing it without disc is so that you have adequate throughput cd's for all the poundings/hands that you need them for. There is very little else to heal outside of poundings on those fights
    we 3 heal it. paly sham disc. i cow our rogues triggering the runes in the voids and the barrier is great for the hands

Quote Originally Posted by kagenesis View Post
    we 3 heal it. paly sham disc. i cow our rogues triggering the runes in the voids and the barrier is great for the hands
    Hands just blow up instantly the moment they go up, Barrier is only good if people are bad at 2y spread.

We killed Kormrok last week and had no issues 4 healing it (Pally/Disc/Druid/MW). The original plan was no disc but we only had exactly 20 people able to make it so I got to go! Everyone has a ring at this point so that definitely helps to meet the dps requirements with 4 healers.