Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I take Combat because it is the only spec for without daggers. I am sick of being forced to use daggers.

Been Assassination since Level 74 in Howling Fjord, circa 2009. (With a few random forays as needed for os combat)
    Don't see that changing. xD At least early levels in the beta everything exploded on contact. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat, probably. I'm apparently a masochist.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    ups now i realise its a rogue post nevermind

Leveling 90-100

I've been looking through these threads to see what people are leaning towards. With the current build is combat still going to be Slow/Slow?
    Will Assass outshine leveling wise?

I literally have every HWF piece from SoO so I can combo full HWF if wanted to since 4 pc for assass is ASS for lvling except for my TeD oddly enough..

I just feel that with combat ramp up time it will fall way behind that of assass for just grinding out start and stop like play.

Legendary cloak 1 shots everything while leveling. /thread. Seriously if you have a Garrosh heirloom and full mythic gear you breath mobs die while leveling up. If you have full normal SoOg gear and a heirloom you breath heavy mobs die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been sub since level 10, not going to change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I take Combat because it is the only spec for without daggers. I am sick of being forced to use daggers.
    Completely incorrect.

On topic: Assassination and i can't wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Completely incorrect.

Subtlety and Assassination is all about daggers. If you do not have dagger, you can't use backstab. Assassination forces daggers even more than subtlety. So how is following quote incorrect?

"I take Combat because it is the only spec for without daggers. I am sick of being forced to use daggers."

Care to elaborate?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-10-11 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    How that's incorrect? Subtlety and Assassination is all about daggers. If you do not have dagger, you can't use backstab. Assassination forces daggers even more than subtlety. So how is following quote incorrect?

"I take Combat because it is the only spec for without daggers. I am sick of being forced to use daggers."

Care to elaborate?
    The Incorrect part is"I am sick of being forced to use daggers".THrough the entire tier if we are forced to do anything that is to go Combat.It has been the cookie cutter through the entire tier.

Edit: (which shines the brightest with 2x2.60 weapons and 4pc bonus.)

The Incorrect part is"I am sick of being forced to use daggers".THrough the entire tier if we are forced to do anything that is to go Combat.It has been the cookie cutter through the entire tier.
    You are not forced to play any spec unless you are going for world-first or in some top-tier heroic raiding guild. In that case, you need to consider trade-off. Do you want to play your fav. spec or progress in such pace? Anything other than those two types of raiding, you can play w/e you want and be just fine. I played with Assassination throughout MoP and did just fine.

If you have OCD and you HAVE TO play the strongest spec instead of one you enjoy. Go see a doctor instead of blaming the game mate. That being said, I wish all specs were equally powerful. It's better that way but since I always play the spec I enjoy the most, I frankly don't care that much about all specs being equal as long as they are viable.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-10-11 at 09:21 AM.

You are not forced to play any spec unless you are going for world-first or in some top-tier heroic raiding guild. In that case, you need to consider trade-off. You want to play your fav. spec or progress in such pace. Anything other than those two type of raiding, you can play w/e you want and be just fine. I played with Assassination throughout MoP and did just fine.

If you have OCD and you HAVE TO play the strongest spec instead of one you enjoy. Go see a doctor instead of blaming the game mate.
    I think you came to the thread just to troll or smthing.Read what i wrote and try to understand it this time and don't pull shit out of your ass.I Stated that " being forced to use daggers is incorrect and it is " and that IF we are forced to play anything that is combat.I personally played all 3 specs through the entire expansion.And just to fuck your statement up ppl use the strongest spec to contribute the most to the raiding group they are in.If my group (for example) lacks damage on adds i am not just gonna go yolo on boss as subtlety.

I think you came to the thread just to troll or smthing.Read what i wrote and try to understand it this time and don't pull shit out of your ass.I Stated that " being forced to use daggers is incorrect and it is " and that IF we are forced to play anything that is combat.I personally played all 3 specs through the entire expansion.
    I have not came here to troll random people on Internet. I was surfing through pages and saw your absurd claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Completely incorrect.
    Then questioned how could you possible claim that statement to be incorrect. The post you quoted was clearly implying that if you are sub or assassination, you are forced to play daggers, which I assume the poster did not like, and combat is the only spec w/o dagger requirement.Then you implied

"its incorrect because combat is strongest spec and people were forced to play it. And, if we are forced to play the strongest spec, which does not force you to play with daggers, there can not be a force to make people play with daggers".

Your entire premise is that game mechanically dictates you to play with combat. However that decision is left to player. I did played Assassination and I was forced to play with daggers, tho I did enjoy it very much. So your argument is a logical fallacy.

And just to fuck your statement up ppl use the strongest spec to contribute the most to the raiding group they are in.If my group (for example) lacks damage on adds i am not just gonna go yolo on boss as subtlety.
    This does not fuck my statement. This is just random people on forum claiming random stuff. Do you have statistics to back your claim that majority of rogues using combat because that's mandatory in PvE activities?

ps: Check the thread title smart guy, the question is for leveling your entire "we are forced to play combat for entire tier" is pretty irrelevant. The discussion is not even about raiding.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-10-11 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Then questioned how could you possible claim that statement to be incorrect.
    Don't feed it. There is nothing wrong with your post.

You are not forced to play any spec unless you are going for world-first or in some top-tier heroic raiding guild. In that case, you need to consider trade-off. Do you want to play your fav. spec or progress in such pace? Anything other than those two types of raiding, you can play w/e you want and be just fine. I played with Assassination throughout MoP and did just fine.

If you have OCD and you HAVE TO play the strongest spec instead of one you enjoy. Go see a doctor instead of blaming the game mate. That being said, I wish all specs were equally powerful. It's better that way but since I always play the spec I enjoy the most, I frankly don't care that much about all specs being equal as long as they are viable.
    If you're not Combat in 5.4 you're doing it wrong, or you're not raiding at a decent level. Even in months behind guilds that clear HC Garrosh two months ago all the rogues go combat, you're simply being selfish and holding your raid back if you don't.

Sub+cloak n dagger/mark 'til gear tells me to go assa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination most likely. I do have two Boa axes though. Probably wont matter much with gear in the 580s till late, late 90s or even till level cap.

Combat. More varied and better looking options for weapon transmogs.

Wait you can use two BOA weapons? Hmm maybe I do need to get a second.

Assassination, because I haven't seen a combat weapon since 5.3
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Wait you can use two BOA weapons? Hmm maybe I do need to get a second.

Assassination, because I haven't seen a combat weapon since 5.3
    really i've coined the HM mace from jugg at least 3 times not to mention the sword and fist weapons have dropped atleast 3 or 4 times each,also have all 3 daggers.i guess i have been lucky this tier. As far a leveling,i have the hierloom axe and x2 daggers non hm. So i guess ill try both and see what works best