Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Smash was awfull over the net mind you that was Wii and not wii u. Also unless they have improved voice communication xbox live was the prefered durring smash's days on wii u.
    wait... xbox live durin smash days on wiiU? whut?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Smash was awfull over the net mind you that was Wii and not wii u. Also unless they have improved voice communication xbox live was the prefered durring smash's days on wii u.
    Oh no I understand that but saying that Smash isn't as input precise vs other fighting games was really want confused me by his statement. Input precision is if utmost importance in any fighting game.

I just hope the servers for Smash 4 are solid, Mario Kart 8's are and I love playing online.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    wait... xbox live durin smash days on wiiU? whut?
    On wii not wii u. There was no voice then, Dunno if they have a very solid model now if any on the wii u. But we all had live accounts all played live games together so no reason not to use it. Pc's arnt always next to tvs.

Oh no I understand that but saying that Smash isn't as input precise vs other fighting games was really want confused me by his statement. Input precision is if utmost importance in any fighting game.
    It was more a 1-2 second delay from doing somthing to it showing up in the game, sometimes it would get down to like half a second but it was always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Smash isn't as input precise?
    No, Smash for instance doesn't have 1 frame links. It is much more lenient on its inputs. That doesn't mean lag isn't annoying but it is less problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is but none the less it is more lenient. Also, Smash is for a lot of people more of a "party fighter" with the items etc. and nobody would honestly play a fighting game online and call it truely competitive. Good for practice maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    No, Smash for instance doesn't have 1 frame links. It is much more lenient on its inputs. That doesn't mean lag isn't annoying but it is less problematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is but none the less it is more lenient. Also, Smash is for a lot of people more of a "party fighter" with the items etc. and nobody would honestly play a fighting game online and call it truely competitive. Good for practice maybe.
    No one frame links?! Okay... Mate before you say anything of the likes please do some research, Fox and Falco's shine are both one frame and so is Jigglypuff's rest. Lenient? Melee is as lenient as you allow it to be, combos are never guaranteed if you mess up the timing. Not to point the obvious out but it's played at EVO along with every other fighting game. To downplay it without even giving a legitimate reason is terrible.

I'm really not trying to be rude but you just need to think about what you've just said, I'm not going to talk about SF or whatever because I don't know enough to form objective information. With that many players who have tried to move from a typical fighting game say Smash is quite hard due to the free ability to move. The great thing about Smash, it appeals to both casual and competitive just by a few option changes.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-09-23 at 10:52 AM.
    Hey everyone

No one frame links?! Okay... Mate before you say anything of the likes please do some research, Fox and Falco's shine are both one frame and so is Jigglypuff's rest. Lenient? Melee is as lenient as you allow it to be, combos are never guaranteed if you mess up the timing. Not to point the obvious out but it's played at EVO along with every other fighting game. To downplay it without even giving a legitimate reason is terrible.
    I'm not sure if you have an understanding of what a one frame link is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I'm not sure if you have an understanding of what a one frame link is.
    Looked it up, there is one I'm aware of as a Jigglypuff player. It's down air rest where there is literally one frame in between down air where you can pop a rest. I'm sure there are others but I'd have to do some research, I only knew that one because I main Jiggs.

- - - Updated - - -

Double checked, that is the only one frame link in the game (Jiggs dair rest). With that said Smash has by far the highest APM of any fighting game.
    Hey everyone

Looked it up, there is one I'm aware of as a Jigglypuff player. It's down air rest where there is literally one frame in between down air where you can pop a rest. I'm sure there are others but I'd have to do some research, I only knew that one because I main Jiggs.

- - - Updated - - -

Double checked, that is the only one frame link in the game (Jiggs dair rest). With that said Smash has by far the highest APM of any fighting game.
    I apologize for the misunderstanding then, I assumed you meant their attacks themselves were one frame links. And that sounds about right, hers is the only one frame link that comes to mind.

I'd have to agree with the latter statement as well, even playing something as hectic as Marvel, for pure APM, Smash takes the lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I apologize for the misunderstanding then, I assumed you meant their attacks themselves were one frame links. And that sounds about right, hers is the only one frame link that comes to mind.

I'd have to agree with the latter statement as well, even playing something as hectic as Marvel, for pure APM, Smash takes the lead.
    It's also just different in terms of how you execute, I'm in no means downplaying other more traditional fighting games because after reading I'm well aware of how detrimental it is to combo within one frame repeatedly.

Also for Smash you have this interesting mechanic called DI (Directional Influence) and SDI (Smash Directional Influence). DI with practice isn't to hard to get down, it's all about mixing it up in tournaments to throw your opponent off guard but it's easy to use DI as a means to survive off a hard hit. SDI is where it gets tricky... I'd explain it but it's just easier to look it up.
    Hey everyone

stop being so butthurt over nothing. I didn't say anything regarding how deep or anything SSB is when it comes to competitive play. I am simply saying that it is a bit more lenient in regards to online lag compared to other fighting games which rely heavily on one frame links, hit confirming, teching throws etc. if anything because messing up one of these can lead to much more damage. And like I said, both are hard to play seriously online because of lag.
    I am not here to discuss which game is more technical or strategical. That whole debate is dumb anyways. So don't even begin that stuff.

Also, I would love to see the frame data for that down air -> rest.

THis down air drill into smash is one frame? I can't listen to the video. It looks like more than 1 frame though. it looks like JP's "wiggle" before after the drill move is sometimes longer or shorter than other times (obviously it is not that easy to spot since we are talking frames).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    stop being so butthurt over nothing. I didn't say anything regarding how deep or anything SSB is when it comes to competitive play. I am simply saying that it is a bit more lenient in regards to online lag compared to other fighting games which rely heavily on one frame links, hit confirming, teching throws etc. if anything because messing up one of these can lead to much more damage. And like I said, both are hard to play seriously online because of lag.
    I am not here to discuss which game is more technical or strategical. That whole debate is dumb anyways. So don't even begin that stuff.

Also, I would love to see the frame data for that down air -> rest.

THis down air drill into smash is one frame? I can't listen to the video. It looks like more than 1 frame though. it looks like JP's "wiggle" before after the drill move is sometimes longer or shorter than other times (obviously it is not that easy to spot since we are talking frames).
    Agree with online play and fighting games. To be honest it's better to go for a dair then grab (takes a bit of practice to master, I can't even do it 100%) as most can just jump out before you short hop rest.
    Hey everyone

It's also just different in terms of how you execute, I'm in no means downplaying other more traditional fighting games because after reading I'm well aware of how detrimental it is to combo within one frame repeatedly.

Also for Smash you have this interesting mechanic called DI (Directional Influence) and SDI (Smash Directional Influence). DI with practice isn't to hard to get down, it's all about mixing it up in tournaments to throw your opponent off guard but it's easy to use DI as a means to survive off a hard hit. SDI is where it gets tricky... I'd explain it but it's just easier to look it up.
    I'm aware, or at least I used to be aware of those at a time. Unfortunately my Smash knowledge didn't surpass far beyond playing with friends, and logging too many hours in the games in general. A few matchups and throw loops/setups with Marth, and a bit of general knowledge is all I really hold to my name.