View Poll Results: Is it unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer flying is gone?

Voters
650. This poll is closed
  • Yes

157 24.15%
  • no

493 75.85%
Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Do you think it is unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer?

Flying in relevant content, where most players play, is more than likely permanently gone in less that 60 days. Is it unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer to players who have no idea this change is happening?
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-09-22 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah. So are raidboosts, gear, farmville, etc. Etc. Etc. Everything is obsolete in 60 days. Do we really need another qq thread on flying? Holy shit its just 1 continent, get over it.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-09-22 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Flying isn't going anywhere. Everywhere that you can fly now you'll continue to be able to fly in. And many flying mounts will be usable as ground mounts in draenor content

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Yeah. So are raidboosts, gear, farmville, etc. Etc. Etc.
    Do we really need another qq thread on flying?
    Not a pro or anti flying question. It is a business question.

Those other services you mentioned are not being removed.

People who have been buying mounts for years and years have an expectation they will be able to fly in the area they play.

wow, people are really really realllllllly bored

is the "no flying on dreanor" rule a bit of a hassle? yes
    does it take time to adjust? yes
    is it a minor inconvenient? yup

but i dont understand why some people are seriously butthurt about it
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2014-09-22 at 04:17 PM.
    Be feared, or be fuel

15+ Year Old Account
    No, because you buy the mount because of its looks. Not because it can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    "Unethical."

No. No, it is not "unethical" to sell a flying mount without a disclaimer. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Ordinator View Post
    Pfffeeheehee no it isnt dont even pretend
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Yes, I can't sleep at night because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Flying isn't going anywhere. Everywhere that you can fly now you'll continue to be able to fly in. And many flying mounts will be usable as ground mounts in draenor content
    I believe they said that all flying mounts will work as ground mounts in Draenor, but I can't find the source for that atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying in relevant content, where most players play, is more than likely permanently gone in less that 60 days. Is it unethical to sell flying mounts without a disclaimer to players who have no idea this change is happening?
    Wow, your camp is really grasping for straws now...

It already has a disclaimer that says the mounts are able to fly where ever flying is enabled in game, and the mount speed changes based on the location. And No, its not unethical.

Deleted
    No, it's not. By no means.

10+ Year Old Account

Those other services you mentioned are not being removed.

People who have been buying mounts for years and years have an expectation they will be able to fly in the area they play.
    Still, not unethical. The game has limitations and restrictions to provide the best possible gaming experience for their fans possible. The store bought mounts change depending on where you are using it. You can still ride them all on the ground, and all of them have the ability to fly in many areas of the game as well! (added bonus)

Its absolutely unethical for these damn NPCs to sell flying mounts without telling us we can't fly. It's horrible that all they care about is money with no disregard to new, or clueless players. I for one feel we should rally against them and demand they start telling us the truth.

In all seriousness, no its not "unethical" because flying isn't going anywhere, just not available in WoD content for at least the first patch.

Deleted
    Flying mounts are not likely gone forever, Blizzard said most recently that they were planning on bringing it back into Draenor, after considering there would be permanently no flying in that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeven View Post
    Yes, I can't sleep at night because of it.
    same now i must go make another bullshit flying in WoD thread, i think we're under the daily 10 quota.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the mount still counts towards the achievement and can still be used as a flying mount in old zones and as a ground mount in Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    First..flying IS NOT GONE... You can still fly on Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria, Outlands... You just won't be able to fly in Draenor. Is it that hard to comprehend?!
    So to answer your 'question' no, it is not 'unethical' to sell flying mount at all.
    "Everything is a manifestation of your own free will, for better or for ill."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, your camp is really grasping for straws now...

It already has a disclaimer that says the mounts are able to fly where ever flying is enabled in game, and the mount speed changes based on the location. And No, its not unethical.
    I have no camp Jaylock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    First..flying IS NOT GONE... You can still fly on Azeroth, Northrend, Pandaria, Outlands... You just won't be able to fly in Draenor. Is it that hard to comprehend?!
    So to answer your 'question' no, it is not 'unethical' to sell flying mount at all.
    It must be me, i mostly play in the current expansion. Other than going to stormwind or orgimar for AH, I have little business in the old world.

I'd say actually selling flying mounts or other in game items for real money is unethical.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

No, but the fact that the issue has brought about complaint shows that there's a problem, even if people always complain about something.

Blizzard should approach future outdoor area design with flight in mind instead of having to deny flight,even for a time.
    To add abilities adds freedom, to take away never feels good, in my opinion.

I think larger areas and mounted combat might be part of the answer, and/or hazards in the air that make flight extremely risky to the point that ground based progression feels like the better choice in gameplay and lore.