Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzerri View Post
    Could someone please explain me, why would feminists rant about a romance novel? Just to check if everything is OK with my common sense, because I just fail to see how those pictures manage to threat gender equality =). It's not a sarcastic request, BTW.

On topic, we need this sexy romance novel stallion as an NPC in the game, as a quest giver, probably with special interactions or something, I'd love to do his quests on my druid, who is quite foxy and flirts with everything that moves =)
    Because this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously. And lately people on Twitter have been very vocal about jokes (e.g. Flying book and the Jaina thing). This isn't about feminism at all. And it was a stupid comment by me because I actually support gender equality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah, its offensive and shouldn't be in a video game. We are bombarded enough as it is in society with this crap, and a video game is the last place it needs to be. (no offense to any gay people, it just shouldn't be in video games is all im saying)
    Yeah, all those straight couples kissing and flirting... so offensive! I mean, I'm bombarded with it everywhere. Pretty much every couple in every advertisement, TV show or movie is straight... the guy always gets the girl, when will the guy get the guy? I mean, no offense to straight people, it just shouldn't be in a video game. That's all I'm saying.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    So the idea of sex, love and relationships shouldn't be in a video game?
    Don't feed it! Don't do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Because this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously. And lately people on Twitter have been very vocal about jokes (e.g. Flying book and the Jaina thing). This isn't about feminism at all. And it was a stupid comment by me because I actually support gender equality.
    I've asked just in case =) You see, I basically live in the woods, so we don't hear much or care enough about gender equality or even same sex relationships, everyone is treated equally (as in no one really gives a flying !@#$ about you as a person or your lifestyle except old ladies who sit on benches in front of your building but you can never please those so no one gives a damn about their opinion in turn; on the other hand it's quite common to accentuate some traits and explain a person's behavior based on said traits as in "What would you expect from a woman/man/old guy/homosexual/smart girl/skinny person/<ethnicity>/etc.?"; the correct answer to such phrases would be "!@#$ you" and everyone's happy again, no hard feelings ever). But I know that in civilized countries it is different, so the question was more out of scientific interest

I love how a bunch of silly pictures makes you talk about such controversial topics. These are just some funny illustrations, they don't imply anything (I believe we haven't seen the Marcus + "Fred" novel yet (I can't unsee it now, sorry))? It might be not what it seems... Why so serious? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    So the idea of sex, love and relationships shouldn't be in a video game?
    No, just gay ones.

It's totally ok for there to be blood elf sex slaves, but heaven forbid 2 men have sex.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Hot and Misty.

10+ Year Old Account
    * enters thread in a trench coat and wide brimmed hat

Don't mind me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah, its offensive and shouldn't be in a video game. We are bombarded enough as it is in society with this crap, and a video game is the last place it needs to be. (no offense to any gay people, it just shouldn't be in video games is all im saying)
    Why not? It's hardly being pushed into any faces, it's mostly background fluff, like the majority of the relationships in WoW.