Thread: Diablo 4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    World of Diablo.

That is the only logical extension of the franchise I can think of besides just more D3 xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    World of Diablo.

That is the only logical extension of the franchise I can think of besides just more D3 xpacks.
    Since Diablo will turn 20 years in 2016, it will probably be something huge by then.
    World of Diablo...Catchy.

They should probably just call it "Sanctuary" or something.

I would love a Diablo MMO if it kept the same loot/fast paced combat design of the franchise.

One of the reasons I dislike World of Warcraft is the vomit inducing art style. Give me Blizzard's knack for creating solid and smooth gameplay with WoW's great vastness and encounter design and I would have nearly the perfect MMO to my sensibilities.

C'mon, Blizzard. Not everyone likes orcs and floppy eared elves.

Deleted
    They should just keep building with expansions, I like this much more.

World of Diablo.

Which is why I think that the next expansion is the last one. Blizzard cannot keep the ship sailing with just 3 IPs. I'm not going to count HS or HotS, because they aren't new IPs, just the old IPs mixed up. Blizzard needs NEW IPs to prove it has what it takes to make good or great games from the foundation up.

From what we are seeing with Titan fallout, I'm saying they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

I would be interested in seeing a 3d over the shoulder diablo game sometime. Especially in the dungeon/cave areas. With randomly generated content, dungeon crawling from that perspective would be thrilling.

Think Doom + Diablo

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Ruin the game for you maybe but I hope they go the 3rd person route with D4 and more it more like Dynasty Warriors with 3D platformer and obstacles and a more-defined world.

3rd person dungeon crawlers work well and I'd like to see Blizzard take a stab at it. Going the isometric route again would be pretty fucking stale to be honest. Time to shake shit up!

And this is when I would be done with the diablo series.

- - - Updated - - -

They should probably just call it "Sanctuary" or something.

I would love a Diablo MMO if it kept the same loot/fast paced combat design of the franchise.

One of the reasons I dislike World of Warcraft is the vomit inducing art style. Give me Blizzard's knack for creating solid and smooth gameplay with WoW's great vastness and encounter design and I would have nearly the perfect MMO to my sensibilities.

C'mon, Blizzard. Not everyone likes orcs and floppy eared elves.

Me and my brother were thinking the same thing.

Deleted
    MMO is waste of resources.

I think they should better focus on something to introduce world without feeling repetitive or being too resource draining. I'd like them to have an expansion that would change adventure mode to include non-story areas and connect bigger world with more interesting events than bounties give at the moment. Kinda like pokemon series worked.

Eg. after you complete game and enter adventure mode, world will be different, more connected, but still randomized and farm worthy. For example bridge outside of Wortham destroyed by fragments of the falling star would be repaired again, and you could enter the lowlands northwest of Tristam.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2014-09-24 at 08:53 PM.

I respectfully disagree with those that think the Diablo series will end with 3 and its expansions - the brand is just too valuable. Look at Nintendo's business plan - they're still riding their original best-selling brands from the 80's. Activision/Blizz would be stupid not to follow suit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    And this is when I would be done with the diablo series.

- - - Updated - - -

Me and my brother were thinking the same thing.
    The art design / cartoony feel is what kept me in EQ2 for years before I finally caved in and switched to WoW, so you're not alone.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    D3 has plenty of room for expansions, especially considering the events at the end of RoS. They basically reset everything by releasing all the Prime/Lesser Evils souls just so they didn't have to conclude the story. Considering Blizzard has a thing for making expansions rather than releasing new games, I'd say D4 is a ways off.

To the people complaining about the camera... Are you serious? Go play a different game..

And the ones shouting "Diablo MMO!" That simply won't happen. First off "MMO" is Massive Multiplayer Online. It already is that, technically. It just doesn't use the Tank/Heals/DPS formula like traditional MMO's and it shouldn't. It wouldn't be anything like what makes Diablo great. It would just be WoW with a different name slapped on it.
    Last edited by Sarcon; 2014-09-24 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    I'd expect Diablo 4 in prolly 3-5 years.
    Blizzard can barely make an expansion to an existing game in 3-5 years. Expecting an entirely new Diablo game in only 3 or even 5 years is quite optimistic.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Diablo was release on 1996 , Diablo II was released in 2000, Diablo III was released in 2012.

12 years again? Dunno. I think they will probably be doing expansions rather than release Diablo 4. It will be quite a time in my opinion. Maybe when new technology is available?
    If we follow that trend, (4x3 = 12), then it will be 36 years (12x3 = 36).
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    World of Diablo....craft?

Play the light or the dark? Hum..everyone will roll a "Diablo" or "Azmodean" I guess....the prime evils are just too cool. Also..they are in HotS
    I don't see many people rolling Archimondes or Illidans these days. Even hell has it's footsoldiers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    RMAH, nothing else keeps this kind of game alive for longer period.
    Yeah, i'd rather not. The Auction house was a major putoff point for me, and why I didn't properly get into the game until after they announced it was shutting down. I'd take increased loot drop chances over auction houses any day of the week.

personally i think they'll keep D3 going for an expansion or two more, and then start thinking about D4. To be honest, that's what I would want anyway, RoS was almost like a completely new game, I'm loving seasons so far (although, not the leaderboards) and there's still only one thing that bothers me about D3 - always online.

The online only issue doesn't affect me much, but it is very noticeable when it does occur, as a lag spike can be the cause of death at higher levels, not to mention being unable to play whatsoever when the internet goes down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Diablo 4 isn't going to happen. Diablo series ends in the next expansion for D3.

Here is what I posted the other day.

RoS hints at this extremely well and if you know the Lore behind your character, then like I said, not hard to guess.
    I do believe that D4 is NOT going to happen. However, I also believe that D3 will have a good number of expansions. I ancitipate 5 expansions over the next 6 years, with a similar ending to what you have stated. (The Nephalem is basically a god right now in terms of power, defeating the Prime Evil (Diablo having absorbed all the evils into his/herself), and a super souped-up Arch Angel (or Prime Evil Diablo+1), and a good number of the nephalem heroes expressed that they wish to live forever in the story mode).

Expansion 2- Nephalem devles into hell itself to curbstomp all 7 of the Lords of Hell (Either Prime Evil Diablo got released, or all 7 lords got released. I choose to interpret all 7 got released, it "adds" extra story then curbstomp diablo part 2). The primary point of this expansion is that all 7 Lords decided to drop ALL squabbles amongst themselves and unite to attempt to bring down the Nephalem, and they fail. I anticipate one of the lords actually sided with the Nephalem in an attempt to gain power/survive. At the end, Hell is fully dominated by the Nephalem. Big expansion feature- Demonic Followers. Some sort of new class, similar to WD but melee.

Expansion 3- Imperious sees that the Nephalem has taken over hell, and dubs the Nephalem evil. Angerious Council vs. Nephalem, Nephalem of course wins. New class, unsure of concept. New artisan.

Expansion 4- Earlier group of Nephalem escaped through time/space- got corrupted in there. Come back, invade ALL of Sanctuary. Our Nephalem shows them all up, absorbs all their essence. Becomes immortal. New class, and new ability slot that goes on 5.

Expansion 5- Nephalem opens up portal to the god realm, goes in, dominates. Nephalem becomes ultimate ruler of Sanctuary forever. Keeps peace.

Something to do with a Paragon-paragon thing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I do believe that D4 is NOT going to happen. However, I also believe that D3 will have a good number of expansions. I ancitipate 5 expansions over the next 6 years, with a similar ending to what you have stated. (The Nephalem is basically a god right now in terms of power, defeating the Prime Evil (Diablo having absorbed all the evils into his/herself), and a super souped-up Arch Angel (or Prime Evil Diablo+1), and a good number of the nephalem heroes expressed that they wish to live forever in the story mode).

Expansion 2- Nephalem devles into hell itself to curbstomp all 7 of the Lords of Hell (Either Prime Evil Diablo got released, or all 7 lords got released. I choose to interpret all 7 got released, it "adds" extra story then curbstomp diablo part 2). The primary point of this expansion is that all 7 Lords decided to drop ALL squabbles amongst themselves and unite to attempt to bring down the Nephalem, and they fail. I anticipate one of the lords actually sided with the Nephalem in an attempt to gain power/survive. At the end, Hell is fully dominated by the Nephalem. Big expansion feature- Demonic Followers. Some sort of new class, similar to WD but melee.

Expansion 3- Imperious sees that the Nephalem has taken over hell, and dubs the Nephalem evil. Angerious Council vs. Nephalem, Nephalem of course wins. New class, unsure of concept. New artisan.

Expansion 4- Earlier group of Nephalem escaped through time/space- got corrupted in there. Come back, invade ALL of Sanctuary. Our Nephalem shows them all up, absorbs all their essence. Becomes immortal. New class, and new ability slot that goes on 5.

Expansion 5- Nephalem opens up portal to the god realm, goes in, dominates. Nephalem becomes ultimate ruler of Sanctuary forever. Keeps peace.

Sure, it could happen over more expansions. I might of hammered in the NEXT expansion as the last, but the reality is that the story is set up for The Nephlem to be God. Doesn't matter how many expansions, nor how it really is accomplished. It's going to happen.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

I suspect the next expansion will have something to do with Inarius/Lilith. Inarius has been in hell with Mephisto for quite some time, and Meph being killed/absorbed/whathaveyou, would have been prime time for him to escape. Lilith, as far as I know, is in some empty void where Inarius sent her. I don't believe her appearance in D2 is considered canon. I think it would make more sense to have these two as the antagonists for the next xpac while the Evils lick their wounds and regroup back in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funny that random people keep making judgement calls on what a company with over 20 years of successful games needs to do, can or cannot do.

You know..I somehow think it shows greatness that they cancel franchises when they see that "they are not fun" - no matter how much time they have sunk in. It seems the opposit...churning anything out for the sake of a name (Duke Nukem, Doom) is more a recipe to ruin your rep.
    It's your opinion stated as fact.

While, Blizzard hasn't had a new IP in about 20 years, 17 years to be exact. It has rode the coat tails of it's fame on 3 IPs, and honestly, SC:HotS hasn't done that well, Diablo RoS is better off, and WoD has had a lot of negative press. With Titan being scrapped, Rob Pardo getting canned, probably because of the disaster of Titan. Well, it might seem "noble" to you, reeks of project mismanagement to me and a lot of other people.

The mismanagement also is seen in WoD being released on time, and the lack of content for WoW. D3's initial flop is also recorded in this Era. While, HS has seen honest success, it's not anything new. It's WoW, in a card game, which already existed in paper form. It's a DOUBLE copy and paste project.

I like HS and have bought cards, but I suck. It's a decent game, but I honestly can't get into it. Not since 1st ED MtG have I been "into" a card game, and I was 10-11 at the time. It's just not my bag, so don't think I am biased.

I'm basing my opinion on fact. We haven't really seen Blizzard do anything outside the big 3. Until they do, I will continue to say they cannot release another IP.

We will see what this Overwatch is about. If it amounts to anything, we will see if they can still make good games. If it's a decent game, I will personally apologize to you. And you can make it a signature, or frame it. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Diablo was release on 1996 , Diablo II was released in 2000, Diablo III was released in 2012.

12 years again? Dunno. I think they will probably be doing expansions rather than release Diablo 4. It will be quite a time in my opinion. Maybe when new technology is available?
    Well, following the trend, the gap in time tripled between the games, 4 years for the first two, 12 for the next, so 36 more years until Diablo 4.

That being said, expansions will probably be the new thing unless they have to start a completely new thing.

Deleted
    Can we have a Warcraft 4 first please?