Deleted

Shadowcraft and Assassionation

Hey Rogues,

I've been MIA for over a year, I've come back trying to gear up a bit for the ease of levelling the first few levels in WoD through LFR.

I might be missing the point but atm I'm assassination due to not being geared enough for Combat and when I use Shadowcraft it's telling me to keep Crit over Haste? For instance I could reforge out of Crit into Haste on my cloak, and it's telling me to reforge out of haste into crit for my dagger?

Any reason why, is it buggy and should I be going Mastery > Haste always?

Esmé - Defias Brotherhood EU.

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Any reason why, is it buggy and should I be going Mastery > Haste always?
    Because shadowcraft thinks it is worth more dps? I know that sounds like a sarcastic answer, but why do you think haste>crit?

Deleted
    Cause as far as I've always known Crit was never more useful than haste for assass. Even when I look at more recent guides in terms of stat prio.

Maybe I should just go with what it says then

Well either you trust shadowcraft's model or you don't. I don't remember ever seeing anyone involved in making the engine or the ui mention anything about there being a bug. I would have guessed what you thought since you don't have the t16 2pc, but that is just baseless guessing.

As far as recent guides, they should be saying the stats are roughly equal ST but mastery stacking is still popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, mastery stacking is still prefered for burst situations, but the crit build works out better over constant sustained fights.

Just wondering, why Assassination over Sub?

Quote Originally Posted by ugotganked View Post
    Just wondering, why Assassination over Sub?
    He is only running LFR. You seriously want to bother with positional requirement crap with LFR tanks? I mean he is probably doing it because he likes it more, but still...

Sub is a nightmare in lfr.. Tanks moving the boss all around for no reason sucks
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can reforge any way you want in lower ilvls and the % margin is very minimal, given you're on the target 100% of the time. On AoE fights mastery or crit being top priority come ahead. At higher ilvls its still preferred to go either mastery > haste or haste > mastery, with crit being the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Slykila View Post
    On AoE fights mastery or crit being top priority come ahead.
    I don't see why crit would be better on AE than normal. Seal fate and the t16 2pc is what is propping up the value of crit and neither work on FoK.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    just from personal testing in the past, crit came ahead of haste on aoe fights, along with mastery. Right now I stick with mastery > haste to about 12404 (read somewhere thats haste cap for dispatch gcd-seems about right)> crit

Um, haste does nothing for our gcd... There isn't a haste cap for assassination anywhere near there either.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh...well i was misinformed then haha...now i feel like a noob :/