Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The post did say the team working on Titan still have other big plans behind the curtains. Maybe we might get some insight on that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    That's pretty much what I think, with movie details possibly not being revealed yet.

No new expansion, but a major patch early next year that will introduce Ogres (for sure) and possibly High Elves as playable races. The only stuff in Blizzcon context I'm personally interested in.
    Fixed that.

I'm betting 100% that this blizzcon is going to be centralized around the Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void expansion. It's the only thing from a timeline perspective that makes sense to be announced already. Diablo 3 was only soft-confirmed for one expansion but another remains a possibility, but still too early, and any WoW info will be related to WoD so they couldn't possibly showcase a large portion of the con on stuff everyone already knows about.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much what I think, with movie details possibly not being revealed yet.

No new expansion, but a major patch early next year that will introduce Ogres (for sure) and possibly Arrakkoa as playable races. The only stuff in Blizzcon context I'm personally interested in.
    That would be fantastic - I'd be on board with introducing new playable races even post-release. Bring over some guys from that ogre continent - I'd roll one up right away.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because instead of continuing to develop a game they had no passion for, and they themselves didn't find fun or interesting, they should have kept going for no reason other than to ship a product and make money. Because pulling an EA is exactly what would make me respect Blizzard as a company.

/s
    It just sucks that we haven't had a totally new franchise from Blizzard in over 12 years. Yes expansions and mini-games are neat, but something completely new would be so refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    How do you get excited over something that's 100% vaporware? There was 0 information about Titan except the name. We didn't even know what genre it falls into.

They will probably give us details of the next content patch and possibly the following expansion and release the HOTS beta. Maybe a new D3 or SC2 expansion as well.
    Just the fact that it was a totally new universe, new lore, new characters was exciting enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yeah it must have really hurt to lose something you knew next to nothing about.
    We knew that it was a completely new franchise, and that's exciting in itself. Here's to 10 more years of WoW!

Deleted
    Artcraft for Belfs...

No new expansion, but a major patch early next year that will introduce Ogres (for sure) and possibly Arrakkoa as playable races. The only stuff in Blizzcon context I'm personally interested in.
    I really don't know how likely a mid-expansion new race is, but I'd certainly love it if it happened. Very excited about the possibility of playable Arakkoa.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to predict the following:

- WoD stuff, probably patches and bosses and artcrafts and cool flashy things, nothing too massive
    - SC2 expansion info, definitely been long enough without one compared to other games
    - Fuck all about D3 because Seasons are generating heaps of interest at the moment, too soon for another expansion as well
    - Hearthstone raid or expansion dealy that's been flirted with very briefly before, I expect it stepped up a bit but no real info
    - Heroes stuff, Heroes stuff every fucking where, all the other things will be flashy and without substance but Heroes will be pretty much the bulk of actual info
    - Warcraft movie hype, trailer of a trailer if we're lucky
    - Horde fanboyism turned up to 11, enough to fuel Alliance rage for until next Blizzcon
    - 2-3 actually good costumes, everything else awful, slutty or awful AND slutty

Another successful Blizzcon.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I'm going to predict the following:

- WoD stuff, probably patches and bosses and artcrafts and cool flashy things, nothing too massive
    - SC2 expansion info, definitely been long enough without one compared to other games
    - Fuck all about D3 because Seasons are generating heaps of interest at the moment, too soon for another expansion as well
    - Hearthstone raid or expansion dealy that's been flirted with very briefly before, I expect it stepped up a bit but no real info
    - Heroes stuff, Heroes stuff every fucking where, all the other things will be flashy and without substance but Heroes will be pretty much the bulk of actual info
    - Warcraft movie hype, trailer of a trailer if we're lucky
    - Horde fanboyism turned up to 11, enough to fuel Alliance rage for until next Blizzcon
    - 2-3 actually good costumes, everything else awful, slutty or awful AND slutty

Another successful Blizzcon.
    pretty much this, except for the costumes, they have actually been getting pretty damn good especially last year. Im also expecting something have to do with HD remakes of WC1 WC2 or just one or the other
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Major items will be (I think):

-Future WoD content leading up the expansion's climax
    -WoW movie details
    -The next Starcraft 2 expansion, the Protoss campaign
    -Heroes of the Star release details

Some pretty significant stuff there, even with Titan going down. Personally, I never expected Titan to become a game, I always felt it was more of an idea think-tank for people to develop new technology to be used in Blizzard's future franchise titles. I'm surprised to learn it was ever really intended to be anything else.
    don't forget hearthstone booster expo and d3

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    We knew they'd reset Titan months ago, hell, probably more than a year ago. Chances of there being Titan news was almost 0% as it was anyway.
    Very much this.
    It has been known for a while that IF there was any work on titan, it would be at very early stages.
    There simply would not be anything to talk about, and anyone thinking otherwise was simply kidding themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    They'll 100% show something about the movie and for one, I cannot wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Honestly the only reason I was considering buying this year's virtual ticket was seeing if there was any Titan info. Now that it's confirmed cancelled, what's the big announcements for this year? Seems like we already know most of what's to happen with WoD. As far as I know there isn't any big announcement regarding the other games besides Heroes Beta (which seems like just a name change since it's been in a stable Alpha forever).

Anyone have any ideas? Just seems there's no big draw to get a ticket. Maybe a Lords of War extra release?
    No offense, but if you think they were going to show anything about a game that they scrapped and restarted like a year ago, you're delusional. :P

And its still worth watching IMO, as there will be news about games most of us love and of course, all the goodies in game like Grommurloc and the Diablo stuff.

Undoubtedly some mention of/look at the movie as well.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-09-24 at 05:33 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Honestly the only reason I was considering buying this year's virtual ticket was seeing if there was any Titan info. Now that it's confirmed cancelled, what's the big announcements for this year? Seems like we already know most of what's to happen with WoD. As far as I know there isn't any big announcement regarding the other games besides Heroes Beta (which seems like just a name change since it's been in a stable Alpha forever).

Anyone have any ideas? Just seems there's no big draw to get a ticket. Maybe a Lords of War extra release?

Why would you have thought there would have been any info after they had recently scrapped what they had and started over?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    the name, si-fi, and FPSMMO.
    Still 100% pure speculation.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    don't forget hearthstone booster expo and d3
    Feh - I said major items. Although I'd count a new Diablo 3 expansion as a major item, but I can't imagine we'll see a new one this soon. I think we'd have heard something about it by now, if they were going to reveal it at Blizzcon.

IGN has an article that says Titan was supposed to be a near future setting with 3 factions fighting for control of the major continents, FPS in field of combat and TPS in town, was supposed to have aspects of sims where you have a career, build a home and have relationships. I can understand it failing, it tried to do too much at once.

I agree 2014 blizzcon is a total waste of time now that there will be no titan.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My assumption is this.

WoW - 6.1 and 6.2 previewed. Maybe a reveal of 7.0 if we're really gonna have it out next November already. New movie trailer.

Starcraft - Legacy of the Void revealed.

Diablo 3 - Maybe another expansion reveal. Otherwise, likely nothing.

Hearthstone - The first real "expansion" revealed. Maybe another adventure pack revealed, too.

Heroes - Release date confirmed. Maybe another character or two.

Possibly a teaser for this Prometheus that's replacing Titan as the "future project." Even if it's like the tiny teaser of Titan we'd gotten in an interview back in like 2011 (where they just said it's an MMO).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Where the hell does all this "playable Arrakoa" shit keep coming from, besides the fact that the game is apparently completely out of decent races?