Movement speed PTR

Hi,

I've been doing some WSG on the PTR as flagcarrier and found something funny.

With the Nightstalker talent, Burst of Speed talent, the Night Elf passive and movement speed bonus enchant on boots (the latter one not sure), I run at 222% speed in stealth basically 24/7. I can't recall this ever happened on the live servers. This is probably due the new changes in movement speed.
    However, I found it a bit weird to move so much faster in stealth without a mount than with a mount.
    Regardless, even without stealth I still move at 197% speed (mounted = 200%, the enemy team can barely keep up) while holding the flag and spamming Burst of Speed.

Its fun ofcourse to be able to grab the flag really fast and run, but it doesnt feel right.

What you do guys think (regardless of subterfuge and shadow focus which are obviously better in pvp)?

Cheers

movement speed functions very differently on ptr versus live.

Live: Nightstalker stacks with everything, fleet footed does not stack with boot enchant or with burst of speed. Things stack multiplicatively so your run speed is 1.2 * 1.7 = 2.04 or 204%

PTR: All passive movement speed enhancements stack additively, and then they stack additively with your best temporary movement speed enhancement (nightstalker counts as a passive one). so you get 15% (ns) + 10% (enchant) + 70% (BoS) + 20% (NS) = 115% movement speed increase (or 215% normal speed). (values omit night elf racial, which would multiply in the former by 1.02 and add by 2 in the latter for 208% and 117 = 217% movement speed).

On beta I am currently not in a guild so it's faster for me to move around with nightstalker and burst of speed than it is mounted.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-09-25 at 09:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    On beta I am currently not in a guild so it's faster for me to move around with nightstalker and burst of speed than it is mounted.
    Even if you have the guild mount movement speed perk you'll still move faster while stealthed. Mount movement speed perks are no longer multiplicative but additive, so ground mount speed is 210% on beta/ptr instead of the 220% we have on live.