Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If I hadn't played WC3 for over 4 years I wouldn't have picked up WoW in 2007. MMORPG sounded interesting, but WarCraft RPG was really what got me into it. Using the same icons as in WC3 made it just so much better. I like the WoW (or Blizzard in general) icons so much more than in other MMOs where you might play a class and all your buttons are red, because you're a warrior. One thing that really annoys me is that Blizz changed the icons of Divine Shiled after all these years. Just doesn't feel right.

Blizzard always kept things you remebered from WC3 very similar in WoW. So you didn't need an extra hint to tell you what it is. You could always tell the references. Finding the places from the WarCraft campagin or even the skirmish/mp maps(!) was one of the best things I did in my first year(s) of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeneia View Post
    If I hadn't played WC3 for over 4 years I wouldn't have picked up WoW in 2007. MMORPG sounded interesting, but WarCraft RPG was really what got me into it. Using the same icons as in WC3 made it just so much better. I like the WoW (or Blizzard in general) icons so much more than in other MMOs where you might play a class and all your buttons are red, because you're a warrior. One thing that really annoys me is that Blizz changed the icons of Divine Shiled after all these years. Just doesn't feel right.

Blizzard always kept things you remebered from WC3 very similar in WoW. So you didn't need an extra hint to tell you what it is. You could always tell the references. Finding the places from the WarCraft campagin or even the skirmish/mp maps(!) was one of the best things I did in my first year(s) of WoW.
    I feel exactly the same. I'm not sure if I would ever have played WoW if it weren't for War2-3. I might have tried it at some point because it became so ubiquitous, but after 9 years what keeps me coming back to the game is my love for the setting. It feels strange to me watching this video in 2014 when I remember going through these places (at least the vanilla ones) when I leveled my first character in 2005. I was all excited to see Strahnbrad up close and explored all the plaguelands as a ghost to see Stratholme's entrance when I was in the 40s.

There were rumours a while back that Blizzard might be working on revamping their older Warcraft RTSs; I hope they get around doing it because I know some people won't ever go back to playing older games simply because of the graphics, and that's a real shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    There were rumours a while back that Blizzard might be working on revamping their older Warcraft RTSs; I hope they get around doing it because I know some people won't ever go back to playing older games simply because of the graphics, and that's a real shame.
    That would be quite interesting to see. My main problem and why I can't really enjoy playing WC3 anymore is StarCraft 2. SC2 just feels so much smoother. It simply plays better. I have no problems with the old graphics of WarCraft, but with Starcraft I've come to love another level of control in my RTS experience that WC3 for obvious reasons can't fulfill anymore. I'm talking just base mechanics, custom games in WC3 feel very clunky compared to SC2.
    That's often the main problem, when companies release HD versions etc., because the often feel the very same and look a tad better, while simultanously removing quirks(/exploits), that acutally made the game good. I don't just want better graphics, but a better feel to the game.
    Last edited by mmocc0bbe3a34e; 2014-09-27 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I picked up WoW in 2005 was because I loved the previous Warcraft games, and to see those places in WoW having known them before, is a great feeling, especially if you are super into the lore like me
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I thought this was pretty much standard knowledge People need to read quests more so they can appreciate things in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    It's pretty mind blowing that people can get to 90 and not know this stuff is in game. Great video though. I love when people start making connections in WoW to things from the older games.
    The majority of people who play this game know nothing about the lore. It isn't that surprising.

check out WAH in the arcade games in Starcraft2 if you haven't yet. The mechanics need some improvement, but the graphics are pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played WC3 to the end and I never knew about the throne room bit in WoW or about the horses grave, nice one Crendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel a lot of these things aren't explained in WoW you have to either play Warcraft to get the references or look them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    for people who havnt played warcraft 1-3 they are offline games meaning you can cheat. Go to game faqs and pic some codes up.

warcraft and starcraft use to be difficult for me when I was young so I had to use cheats just to play the game. I have since gone through and demolished them without cheats.

i got back into warcraft 2 recently and I was amazed to find zuljin straight up and then tol barad on like the 4th or 5th mission.

WC3 is what got me into WoW (haven't tried WC2, but I probably will). Loved it, especially the story in that game. It's why I usually read quests in WoW. I love the lore of the warcraft universe.
    It's a shame they haven't made a Warcraft IV. If they ever do, I hope they'll put all of the things that happened in WoW. Should be quite fun to experience those events in a RTS game.
    I've been trying to recreate them (everything that happens in Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, MoP and WoD) in Warcraft III with the game's World Editor but I'm still trying to figure out how triggers, events and some other things work. Experiencing the fall of the Lich King (or even WoD) properly in WC3 would be fantastic.
    [Fanfiction] Warcraft: Return of the Lich King: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Lich-King

[Fanfiction] Overwatch: The Gentleman Thief: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...entleman-Thief