Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    That's not safe to say. Many, many more people have Blizzard, mmo-champion, wowhead, etc. followed on social media sites for updates, browse the sites for them, run across them while looking up other things...
    So not true, its only the MINORITY of wow players that read wowhead, mmoc or follow blizzard on social media - and excuse I didnt read anything about no flyin in WoD on the start screen of WoW did you?

Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    Such a sad day when the good players of this game finally get some kind of reward for all their effort other than ilvl. Tell me what an LFR player does to even deserve tier or trinkets in the first place let alone epic items. You think it will be a bumpy start while I think it will be the opposite. MoP could be said to be one of the most casual expansions of this game yet, rewarding people for minimal effort with epic items. If you look at when subs dropped you would see that making the game easier doesn't attract people even though they are the majority. Making people work for tier or trinkets beyond LFR gives them something to strive for, something to look up to, something to keep them playing the game beyond subbing, clearing LFR to see content and unsubbing.
    Why do you think SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES like you only deserve tier and trinkets, becuase you are special? roflmao
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2014-09-26 at 02:06 PM.

The official forums will be full with whine threads, created by people who don't follow the news. But that's all, exactly for the same reason. They don't know or follow any other site, so they will oly go to there. And these days noone give a fuck about the official forums (including Blizzard)

Deleted
    Might not have much connection but one thing I really hate (and find it rather insulting) is having Twitter has their main way of communication. It's not like the game hasn't any official forums.

Just an example, look at the amount of Dev Watercooler articles that GC released compared to the mediocre info we receive nowadays. The only thing they do is update the patch notes and move along. All the tiny details and info regarding WoD that I know (professions, garrisons, dungeons and PvP) came primarily from WoWhead, a f#$%ing fansite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Might not have much connection but one thing I really hate (and find it rather insulting) is having Twitter has their main way of communication. It's not like the game hasn't any official forums.
    Why? you can read it without having an account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I call BS.

Sry
    I don't know, a few weeks back I was sitting in trade reading a massive rant by a player who just found out there was no flying in WoD. Lots of people either didn't believe him or were pissed off. You would be surprised just how much the general player base actually knows about what Blizzard is doing for each new expansion. Most people just go into the expacs blind. Which is a bit disturbing because it implies that people buy whatever Blizzard dishes out regardless of the quality. Brand name really carries a lot of weight when it comes to Blizzard.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamzy View Post
    I swear I saw almost this exact same post a long time ago. Are we up to something?
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

0/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    There is going to be tremendous outcry when the expansion hits.
    Not really, as most people don't care enough to keep up on what the expansion is changing. I predict the whining will remain more or less at the same level as it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

OP is lying, he doesn't even have a guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Generally its the way its phrased.

"Flying is removed in Warlords of Draenor" IS a lie. Flying is not removed, you just won't be able to fly in Draenor itself.

"You won't be able to fly in Draenor until a later date" is NOT a lie. Flying WILL eventually be added to Draenor. It may be 6.1, it may be 6.2, it may even be 7.0, but it will be added.
    Actually it isn't. Considering Warlords of Draenor covers all the content on Draenor and added in this expansion then saying flying is removed in Warlords of Draenor is correct. What is a lie is suggesting that flying is deffo going to be added back in when Blizzard's stance is that the decision is up the air and not actually being considered ATM.

OnT: There are bound to be quite a large number of uninformed players about what is coming in WoD especially since Blizzard ceased sending out the newsletters that detailed patch content and major game changes. People aren't going to go looking for next exp information in case of spoilers and if one person repeats what they've read.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2014-09-26 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    You are either getting trolled or you are surrounded by the few minority that DON'T keep up with changes AND also get overly angry over confirmed changes.
    I think it's the minority that keeps up with changes.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It may not be forthcoming in it's entirety but it is not a lie. As I have said, if blizzard can use that type of PR spin to sell cash shop mounts, players can use it as well.
    You make it sound like some kind of competition between you and Blizzard. Blizzard's motives are obviously to try and sell their product. What exactly is your motive?

10+ Year Old Account
    You were likely being trolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very skeptical about the anecdote with people calling you a liar since it's easy enough to point someone to a website (this one would be good) where all of this has been laid out. It also depends on how the news was presented to your guild mates. Saying there would be no flying at all in the expansion as if it's some fact isn't true as it's not known yet and Blizzard has said conflicting things about it.

That said, I tend to agree with your basic premise and have said so for months now: The game is changing a lot and players who don't pay attention to news sites are going to have a lot to take in with all of the system changes. I'm not so sure that this will go all that well. People dislike a lot of change--Greg Street used to write about this now and then--and they've gone well beyond 'a lot' with WoD.

It's an interesting premise to talk about. Much more interesting than overly-dramatic anecdotes that just distract from the main point of what you're trying to get across.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

We have a thread like this every other day. If you tell people only the information YOU want to tell them you will get the biased response YOU want. It's the same thing when people do interviews and they lead the person being asked questions so they get the responses they want.

If you tell people you will not be able to fly in WoD the question others should be asking is: For how long? I'm sure you're not telling them that flight will be in at 6.1 or maybe even sooner. It's exactly like it was in MoP only delayed a little longer. But these forums are ripe with threads full of people asking questions that are meant to illicit a response that conforms to their beliefs.

the community reactions and the ways blizzard will backpaddle are going to be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    Making people work for tier or trinkets beyond LFR gives them something to strive for, something to look up to, something to keep them playing the game beyond subbing, clearing LFR to see content and unsubbing.
    yep hence the massive success of wildstar

god I love that game, everyone someone brings out one of the "but but hardcore" arguments, one can simply say wildstar instead of writing paragraphs as to why it won't work
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-09-26 at 04:26 PM.

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again. Blizzard tried this slight "hardcore" shift back in Cataclysm. There were complaints, lost subs, and ultimately big time backtracking by Blizzard. Despite this "we'll see" attitude on flying, I have little doubt it will be restored in 6.1 after Blizzard is bombarded with tickets asking where the flight trainer is. The same will likely happen with tier gear in the next raiding tier.

Personally I think the RNG rolled stats are going to be a major sticking point, and that's not something that can be just 'turned off/on' like flying.

I can already picture people spending 30 days or whatever grinding cooldowns for some crafted epic only to get shit secondary stats. A 'WTF?!' in gchat gets a 'grind another 2 weeks of cooldowns and maybe you will get good stats next time' reply, followed by a trip to the Account Management page on Bnet.

They have already done this with gear in Warlords, heirlooms do not drop in LFR. Now i for one have yet to see a single complaint about it.
    Also with the new way normal/heroic modes function, i just dont see the problem in removing that stuff from lfr.

Flight is still up in the air, it may be seen positively by the players or it may be hated. If they love it, well blizz said they MAY NOT add it to wod. If they hate it, then guess what, its in the air (ironically) and it may still be added.
    Personally i adore the removal of flight in draenor, most of the people i play with do aswell.
    What im most curious about is WHY would you end up missing it? When i play wow atm, i dont really feel like i miss it on IoT or TI, on the contrair i feel that it adds so much to the world that i dont just fly high up and ignore it all. When i fly around in northrend doing ulduar, utgarde pinnacle and when i wasnt done with the tournament dailies, i didnt use my flying mount, i used flight paths as it allowed me to actually do stuff without fear of flying into a big ass mountain or fatigue if i forgot i was auto flying.

I guess all in all i just dont see the big problem with tier/trinkets moving away from lfr, it really only makes it so that lfr is not just a loot pinata where you can get all the items you need.
    Flying, its in the air, it may or may not be added so wait and see instead of spreading the news of the apocalypse before its for sure its gone.

I'd be curious to see what the OP actually said to people in game. The wording is fairly important, as many of the doomsayers that I've seen love to act like we'll never fly anywhere again. Obviously, they are rightfully called liars for making these claims. I can easily see one of these guys coming to the forums and starting a post entitled, "Oh my god, they don't KNOW!"

Being grounded while leveling has been a common theme through every expansion but Cata. I suspect that people will carry on as usual, and a few will be caught off guard upon reaching 100 and being unable to find a flying trainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    I agree with the OP... 90% of the playerbase in WoW seems not aware of the changes that are going to come with WOD.

Just like when I remarked that people would complain about all the dailies and factions in MoP, I will predict that once WoD goes live and most people start realizing they can't buy flying for Draenor anywhere the boards will be flooded heavily by complaints too.

Yep, I've been saying this since they announced WoD would have no flying. The vast majority of the player base has no idea what Blizzard is doing for new expacs until it's released. There's going to be a flood of complains in the first 6 months, they will probably cave in and give us flying by 6.1 or 6.2.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.