Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which profession for your Rogue and why? (For WoD)

As the title says.

Which professions will you use on your rogue on WoD release and why?

Will people still find engineering interesting now when all tinker perks is BoE?

I'll problably go skinning / Lw to get the most out of my leather farming/grind and for the cool lw mount.

What do you say?

Blacksmithing and Inscription for trinket and weapons.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Might drop Leatherworking for Inscription but definitely keeping Engineering for the goggles.

Ive always been Alchemy and Engineering on my rogue, but I think I will drop the Alchemy for Inscription or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leatherworking and Engineering. With stat bonuses going away, I don't see any advantage to rerolling professions on existing characters.

I guess I could see it if you choose professions you hated for min/max reasons and wanted to rectify that now, but I love Engineering, and I've been Leatherworking since level 6 and have almost all the recipes.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Engi + Alch for Goggles and Trinket. BoP crafts are the only reason to have a profession now; however, Garrison profession buildings may trivialize that. I heard you can make and use the Alch trinket with your Garrison, but I haven't messed with it myself.

Also, I like being a mad scientist.

Leatherworking and Engineering. Gear + cool gadgets are the best for me. :--)

I'm just gonna stay LW+JC. I've been that combo since WotLK, no real reason to change it.

I'm JC/eng atm but I would like to replace JC as I don't like the new gem system. Any ideas on what to switch to?

I prefer Jewel crafting and Enchanting; id rather have gold and trade. that would help me on pve and pvp.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Deleted
    Alchi & Engineering.

1) I have always been Alch+Engi
    2) Trinket + Head
    3) Lore-wise the only real options for my rogue

Deleted
    I've noticed that most people will do 2 crafting profession rather then 1 crafting/1gathering.

The only reason to pick a gathering profession is so you can get your mats much sooner. (Those of you that sit on tons of gold will not have that problem)

The difference is: You get your things fast (Crafting/Gathering) OR you have to privelege to make more shit on your own (Crafting/Crafting).

Skinning and leatherworking. no brainer. super easy to max skinning early on, which in turn means I can capitalize on the super high early-expansion leather prices. it's a win/win situation that not a lot of people take advantage of for some reason. Plus a rogue making leather armor only makes sense.

I've always been alch + eng. It's conceptually fitting and I like these two professions. In a more pragmatic sense, followings are my motivations:

Alchemy: Good money maker, longer flasks and more stats
    Engineering: Teleports, Utilities etc.

Deleted
    For rogues in WoD. The only usefull stuff that we will get with ENGINEERING is the goggles, and is in my opinion the only reason go lvl engineering since the tinker items will be BoE.

Leatherworking can also provide a helm plus tons of other stuff that is useful.

And if you want to make some cash from engineering, you should go with mining instead another crafting profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    3) Lore-wise the only real options for my rogue
    I don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I'm just gonna stay LW+JC. I've been that combo since WotLK, no real reason to change it.
    Same here.

I have an army of alts with every profession covered. With the removal of the stat bonuses for crafting professions, I kind of wish that I was just LW/Skinning to make leveling easier. That way I can just focus on pushing my rogue main through the content without mixing in leveling my druid miner/skinner to support her profs.

In the end, however, the initial rush to max level is such a small portion of the game that it's not worth changing profs around.

My troll and human rogue are both enchanters and jewelcrafters. Its great for earning gold. I wouldn't mind making a rogue an enchanter and a tailor also. Tailoring gets a pretty good attack power cloak enchant and its a good combo for earning gold. Its easy to farm old dungeons for stuff to disenchant and cloth.

Engineering and enchanting. Engineering because of whatever little advantage it gives in world PvP like the glider, and enchanting because I'm a blood elf and I can't live without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't understand?
    I am a relatively weak (physically) character, in a world filled with warriors wielding 300 kg warhammers, mages which can summon meteors, and people who have nature itself as their ally. I survive and compete by being fast, ruthless, surprising, smart and using a lot of tricks, therefore: Engineering.

I use poisons to weaken and kill powerful enemies, and enhance my limited physical capabilities by ingesting potent mixtures of ingredients, therefore: Alchemy.