Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I'm not asking you to change them, I'm asking what you would remove to encourage childbirth rates and so far you've said you wouldn't repeal any, other than taking away the right to vote...which wouldn't increase childbirth rates.

Unless you are obligated to have a shag everytime you vote.
    That's because he has no solutions. He just wanted to make sure everyone knows how awesome and Libertarian and pro-'Murica he is.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not asking you to change them, I'm asking what you would remove to encourage childbirth rates and so far you've said you wouldn't repeal any, other than taking away the right to vote...which wouldn't increase childbirth rates.

Unless you are obligated to have a shag everytime you vote.
    I think I made it pretty clear, I would like to destroy the entire social security system. I would also like to destroy medicaid; let the states deal wit that. As I said in the OP, theses structures, while nice cozy and comfortable, make our societies week.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    That's because he has no solutions. He just wanted to make sure everyone knows how awesome and Libertarian and pro-'Murica he is.
    Theres a smart guy, pointing his finger at me, because Im not able to come up with a solution to a problem that doesn't exist

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I think I made it pretty clear, I would like to destroy the entire social security system. I would also like to destroy medicaid; let the states deal wit that. As I said in the OP, theses structures, while nice cozy and comfortable, make our societies week.
    you´re from the survival of the fittest crowd, aren´t you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted

How does social welfare make society weak?
    What you are suggesting is sending western society back a few hundred years.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Because free markets and 'Murica and DEY TUK ER JERBS and SECURE OUR BORDERS NOW DEMAND THE DESCENDANTS OF IMMIGRANTS and OMG ISIS IN AMERICA and IMPEACH THE MUSLIM and etc.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    you´re from the survival of the fittest crowd, aren´t you?
    Not really, I'm just saying the comfortable social security net that western countries have in place have replaced the family structure. I guess the controversial thing is that I'm saying THIS IS BAD.

Again, I think it weakens the family structure.

It appears that everyone in this forum has accepted that as fact, and now looks to me to provide a solution.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2014-09-27 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Because free markets and 'Murica and DEY TUK ER JERBS and SECURE OUR BORDERS NOW DEMAND THE DESCENDANTS OF IMMIGRANTS and OMG ISIS IN AMERICA and IMPEACH THE MUSLIM and etc.
    Brok his jaw?

The western powers don't make enough babies anymore.

The huge amounts of immigration into the western powers comes at a heavy cost. The immigrants change us as much as we change them. And that's ok for me as an American who has to put up with all these hardworking, mostly Catholic, family oriented folks from Mexico and other parts south of that. Meanwhile, poor Europe, is forced to bring their new blood from North Africa, Koran in hand.

But why are the great western powers in this situation to begin with? Surely the advanced societies of Europe and America would at least be able to continue their own existence. Did we really become too cool to breed?

The question I ask: how come western countries in the world are completely incapable of sustaining their populations.

My theory: Only the west offers cradle to grave entitlements. In the old days, Mommy and Daddy had a lot of kids, and hoped that one day, when they were old, at least ONE of their kids would take care of them when they got older. Children were the retirement plan. The Western powers set up nice comfortable systems were one could pay taxes, painlessly taken out of your paycheck, promising that when the day comes, you would be taken care of.
    Its great that our birth rates are low. If we could only get the other civilizations to lower there birth rates then our existence would be more sustainable. Its the reason why they Chinese, Indians and other high populated cultures are basically slaves.

Deleted
    Not really, I'm just saying the comfortable social security net that western countries have in place have replaced the family structure

Again, I think it weakens the family structure.

It appears that everyone in this forum has accepted that as fact, and now looks to me to provide a solution.
    The... uh... system that helps families have more kids undermines family structure?
    The problem is cultural. Just look at the replies you're going to get about how "outdated the concept of family structure is" and I'm pretty sure you'll get an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Its great that our birth rates are low. If we could only get the other civilizations to lower there birth rates then our existence would be more sustainable. Its the reason why they Chinese, Indians and other high populated cultures are basically slaves.
    Lol yes. That's why!! Because of too many kids!!

Some of you guys are seriously off the loop. A good birth rate is a tremendous asset to a country.

Plus, some people just don't want to have kids at present/ever. And it's only their business as to the reasoning behind it. Forcing people to breed has, historically, been a very fucking bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Education is the weakness of the western world, followed closely by income inequality.

Both go hand in hand really. Keep the young people stupid and that protects the 1% from going the way of the dinosaur, for far longer than normal.

OP, you seem to think simply outbreeding your nemesis will fix your problem, or maybe government intervention?

You're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yeah...India and China doesn't really care about overpopulation. Thats like Scotland scared of having to much Scotch, or Japan worrying about having too much anime. Their population is their biggest strengths.

Plus, some people just don't want to have kids at present/ever. And it's only their business as to the reasoning behind it. Forcing people to breed has, historically, been a very fucking bad thing.
    I am interested since you said "historically." Can you please educate me on this?
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2014-09-27 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try living in a country on the edge of Europe that's been going through a series of austerity programs.... see how you'll manage to get a job that'll allow to make a family of 2 or 3 kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I pointed out earlier, one of the strengths of Western society is political stability, which is aided by our social programmes - you even gave the example of the Roman Empire, which had one of the longest serving social programmes in history and directly contributed to them becoming a world power due to quelling social unrest at home.

Social programmes don't make us weak, it is the exact opposite, they make it so that people can take risks without the need to worry about whether they can put food on the table if it goes tits up.

I'd rather we came up with a plan for increasing childbirth rates that didn't bring about the collapse of Western society.

Deleted
    Depends from the point of view *wink wink*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...India and China doesn't really care about overpopulation. Thats like Scotland scared of having to much Scotch, or Japan worrying about having too much anime. Their population is their biggest strengths.
    Having no human rights and no concern for the environment is China's 'strength'...

It wont last.

Depends from the point of view *wink wink*
    Ah yeah I didn't think about that. I bet Mengele had a grand ole time.

The traditional West will survive long enough to enjoy the last of its wealth. Then we'll go away right before the climate changes. We like profits and stuff, cant be bothered with these new age social issues.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-09-27 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    As I pointed out earlier, one of the strengths of Western society is political stability, which is aided by our social programmes - you even gave the example of the Roman Empire, which had one of the longest serving social programmes in history and directly contributed to them becoming a world power due to quelling social unrest at home.

Social programmes don't make us weak, it is the exact opposite, they make it so that people can take risks without the need to worry about whether they can put food on the table if it goes tits up.

I'd rather we came up with a plan for increasing childbirth rates that didn't bring about the collapse of Western society.
    Having kids is a wonderful event.
    Once society manages to pass this message we can fix birth rates. Until having a child is seen as an impediment to your career, to your economy, and to your social life (and in many other countries on the fringe of western Europe seen as literally impossible as someone else pointed out before), we are going to have passive birth rates.

Fuck history in the ass with a baseball bat. Life sucked for plebs back in the day, it was fucking tough and most people had to start working really early, like 13-14 years old. Life has never really been better then it is right now. Condoms wasn't even legal at the start, can you imagine that, it was illegal to use fucking condoms.

My grandfathers dad was born in the 1870s, he couldn't vote for the second chamber until 1909, he didn't earn enough money as a stonemason(had to be rich for that). He saved every copper though and bought land, he built something for himself, but that wasn't really something he could reap the rewards for. As a farmer he didn't have to worry about providing his family with food at least(yes he and his wife did have a lot of children, 12 in total, my extended family is massive and very clan like lol... we are tight dawg).

In my country it was the Social Democrates and Liberals that gave the common blue color man rights, equal rights to vote etc. It was the liberals that gave women rights.

In many countries normal hard working plebs fought tooth and nail for the things you are talking about.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-09-27 at 12:01 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...