Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah. When I'm wearing my birthday suit.
    I'm sad that it took 40 posts for someone to say this, and I'm sad I missed out on the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No, I don't feel insulted, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm at work I would be laughing on the ground right now at how childish you're proving yourself to be when pushed.

I posted that I personally don't like suits and you start claiming "WELL YOU MUST BE FAT THEN", and then when you're proven wrong, you try to claim you're still right? Just go lol, find something better to do.
    Your reading comprehension is amusing. No, I haven't paid any attention to the fact you don't like suits, I've made my suggestion based on you saying "I don't have broad shoulders": and you know, you can't have narrow shoulders if you're a male person and you don't have any health issues. They are rather broad by nature, what makes them look narrow is fat belly or wide hips. Default male figure has broad shoulders: I don't want to consider you a deviation here goes my suggestion: fat belly or wide hips. Hope you've got it now and I won't have to explain you such an obvious things anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Not arguing that point. It's pretty much a "no shit Sherlock" statement. But that's not the original point you were making. You were probably too busy trying to think of a way to say short people can't dress nice, which is another absurdity.
    Of course not. Short people can dress nice, it's obvious. It won't make them look good and this is obvious as well.

You must have pictures to know right?

Also personally no, I feel awkward wearing a suit, mostly because I lack the broad shoulders to fit most, I'd need to get more of a custom fit I suppose.
    They make men's suits with shoulder pads. Do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sad that it took 40 posts for someone to say this, and I'm sad I missed out on the chance.
    I'll be here all week.

Usually YES.

But there are 3 crucial rules to suits.

1, Your suit must be tailored. It doesn't need to be a 1000 buck designer suit, it can come from retailer like H&M or Zara, as long as after buying it you take it to a tailor and have it fitted. The fitting won't cost too much but it's worth every single penny of it.

2, Stay the fuck away from those horribad awkward suits that seem so popular in the U.S, they tend to be bulky, loose fitting even when tailored, with those horrible wide pants. Then there are those fucking terrible American cut shirts, which almost look like they have twice the textile they need to be having.

3, Learn to match colors. Learn to match your shoes to your belt, your shirt to your suit and your tie to your shirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post

Of course not. Short people can dress nice, it's obvious. It won't make them look good and this is obvious as well.
    As long as your imagination helps you sleep at night.

Absolutely. Wearing a nice suit (I'm talking custom-fitted here) draws attention and attraction.
    Call me Cassandra

Your reading comprehension is amusing. No, I haven't paid any attention to the fact you don't like suits, I've made my suggestion based on you saying "I don't have broad shoulders": and you know, you can't have narrow shoulders if you're a male person and you don't have any health issues. They are rather broad by nature, what makes them look narrow is fat belly or wide hips. Default male figure has broad shoulders: I don't want to consider you a deviation here goes my suggestion: fat belly or wide hips. Hope you've got it now and I won't have to explain you such an obvious things anymore.
    I won't even bother except for this. You say "look narrow". I said they ARE narrow, not look. I physically do not fit in most store bought suits because I am naturally lanky. Seriously, I shouldn't have to explain something so basic, it sounds like you're just looking to try to insult people.
    I'm a deviation I guess then, although I really don't care.

They make men's suits with shoulder pads. Do it.
    I think my old suit has that, but that's what made me feel uncomfortable in it, that it just felt large on me.

You pay more attention to your own presence & the presence of others when you wear a suit. You expect to be looked at and so you are; it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Dress in drag and you'll have the exact same result. You make it happen.

As long as your imagination helps you sleep at night.
    I can see your personal interest makes you unrest but I've cool with it. It's you who has to live with it, not me. Anyway, autogenic training seems to be something you resort to, so yeah: I won't try to make you face the reality.

No problem then! Sorry I've suggested you're more normal than it actually is: I mean, I've dealt with a lot of japanese men who are rather short by genes and they can find a lot of suits for themselves.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2014-09-27 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Again, the off the rack look isn't a preference, it's a cost thing. Some people are forced to wear suits to work and don't want to, so they buy the cheapest thing possible. That often means ill-fitting.
    I actually managed to snap one off the rack that fits as if its custom made. Working out helps alot with that since those tops are made for the average male (and always too loose), so with my shaped body and broad shoulders it fits as if it was made for it.

I won't even bother except for this. You say "look narrow". I said they ARE narrow, not look. I physically do not fit in most store bought suits because I am naturally lanky. Seriously, I shouldn't have to explain something so basic, it sounds like you're just looking to try to insult people.

I think my old suit has that, but that's what made me feel uncomfortable in it, that it just felt large on me.
    Lanky people can look awkward in suits. Definitely gotta be custom made.

I also get the "it felt large". My first suit had shoulder pads. It didn't feel large, I just felt kinda like I was wearing a woman's suit.

Mmm personally suits on men don't do it for me, I tend to think it makes men a bit pompous looking, though I can see why some folks would be attracted to someone in a suit if they like the smart look.

I personally love a guy in cowboy get up (eeeeeh my gawd i love men in cowboy boots and Levis, my hubby rocks this look so hard ), or rocking a kilt in a casual way with a rugby shirt/hiking boots and slouched thick socks, a bit of stubble on the jaws, the rough look certainly catches my eye more

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see your personal interest makes you unrest but I've cool with it. It's you who has to live with it, not me. Anyway, autogenic training seems to be something you resort to, so yeah: I won't try to make you face the reality.
    I'm 6'5". That's doesn't automatically make me look better in a suit than a shorter individual.

Lanky people can look awkward in suits. Definitely gotta be custom made.

I also get the "it felt large". My first suit had shoulder pads. It didn't feel large, I just felt kinda like I was wearing a woman's suit.
    Alright, so custom made it is for next time I need a suit I suppose!

I'm 6'5". That's doesn't automatically make me look better in a suit than a shorter individual.
    Your behavior clearly shows you aren't so there is no point to discuss it any further. Right back at you, as long as your imagination helps you sleep at night.

Deleted
    I´m 1.78m, so indeed it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Usually YES.

But there are 3 crucial rules to suits.

1, Your suit must be tailored. It doesn't need to be a 1000 buck designer suit, it can come from retailer like H&M or Zara, as long as after buying it you take it to a tailor and have it fitted. The fitting won't cost too much but it's worth every single penny of it.

2, Stay the fuck away from those horribad awkward suits that seem so popular in the U.S, they tend to be bulky, loose fitting even when tailored, with those horrible wide pants. Then there are those fucking terrible American cut shirts, which almost look like they have twice the textile they need to be having.

3, Learn to match colors. Learn to match your shoes to your belt, your shirt to your suit and your tie to your shirt.
    I havn't looked at the suits at H&M and Zara.

My last one was Hardy Amies for around 1100 USD.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Opinions are not facts.
    Some people might not look good to you, but I disagree with your generalization.

I've dated really tall guys (my ex is 6'5) and none of them look better on a suit than my husband, he's shorter, but he just carries himself like its no big deal to be wearing a suit, my ex just looked awkward (well, he looked awkward on everything, being so tall has it drawbacks)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I havn't looked at the suits at H&M and Zara.

My last one was Hardy Amies for around 1100 USD.
    Are you lucky enough to fit into their RTW? I was actually comparing Hardy Amies and Richard James for my next suit and even MTM prices are much more (I mean with rather simply fabrics and without premium tailors). I don't consider bespoke since I have a body of a mannequin and the only thing I have to tailor for perfection are actually suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    Opinions are not facts.
    Some people might not look good to you, but I disagree with your generalization.

I've dated really tall guys (my ex is 6'5) and none of them look better on a suit than my husband, he's shorter, but he just carries himself like its no big deal to be wearing a suit, my ex just looked awkward (well, he looked awkward on everything, being so tall has it drawbacks)
    This means you just take what fate gives you and you don't have a freedom of choice at all. Just FYI, 6'5 is not tall at all, and of course isn't "so tall" — it's perfectly fine for a man with good genetics. Being taller than 6'6 is tall indeed. Not "so tall" though.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2014-09-27 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your behavior clearly shows you aren't so there is no point to discuss it any further. Right back at you, as long as your imagination helps you sleep at night.
    Shows I'm not what? 6'5"? lol