Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomxy View Post
    Have you tested if you can keep the bonefragments after removing the GladSanctum (you remove it for two days in order to get the inn).
    You won't lose the bones when you remove it, but you can't get new ones. So it does pay off to make an inn and upp it say on thuesday night, get follower, then get another one next mornign, and build GS again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Non alchemy is not intended to get Greater Flasks.
    A bit offtopic, sorry, but Blizzard was not saying they did not want to give raiding advantage to professions ?
    What are the advantages of other professions ? I was under impression you get faster but not stronger.
    If alchemists have this small boost, then its not true anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdinn View Post
    A bit offtopic, sorry, but Blizzard was not saying they did not want to give raiding advantage to professions ?
    What are the advantages of other professions ? I was under impression you get faster but not stronger.
    What are you talking about? So I assume you have never used a flask before in a raid because you needed to be Alchemist to craft one?

Good lord...

Sorry if it's been asked before, but how many garrison resources will it take to level up all your plots to max level? Just the plots available and not swapping any out kinda thing
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the profession you can craft the best stuff with it. If not then the building will allow you to craft MOST stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    Sorry if it's been asked before, but how many garrison resources will it take to level up all your plots to max level? Just the plots available and not swapping any out kinda thing
    8550GR for 2 large + 2 medium + 3 small + 4 bonus, all to lvl 3.
    This doesn't include the 2400GR needed to upp the garrison to lvl 2 and lvl 3.
    Not to mention at least 2 times that much in gold.

Deleted
    I am not sure I understand the upgrade system correctly. What building do you prioritize to upgrade first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomxy View Post
    I am not sure I understand the upgrade system correctly. What building do you prioritize to upgrade first?
    Up to you really. I myself would go: Salvage Yard > Mine > Herb Garden > large + medium (mostly cuz the best ones are at lvl 3 for these building, and you need achies for that)

Guide should mention wowhead's excellent garrison calculator: http://www.wowhead.com/garrison-calc#AkUlIAU

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the most useful guide I have found so far, and the net is pretty stuffed with guides. I especially enjoyed the "Build order for xyz" section. Really what I was looking for.
    Also, that is where my question comes in. For backround: Longterm I am looking forward to ear all pets, titles and achievments from garrisons. After that I´d like to finalize my garrison with a raid-oriented build. Now, I get that I, as a person without alts, will simply have to build and upgrade each building, do all related quests, and then build the next building. Tiresom, but at least I probably have to do something after 3 months. Anyway, are there any pointers how to achieve all this the smartest way? Which buildings should i swap out once i reached lvl 100 and which buildings are worth keeping to earn GR or other limited ressources?

Tl; dr: What build order to earn all avs, pets, titles without crippling yourself by removing the wrong buildings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

So, I know there have been some updates to Garrison stuff (like those Barn nerfs). Is the Storehouse still completely lame for people that intend to log in regularly? I'm considering building it anyways just to have the bank access but that feels really weak. I don't have a second crafting profession and being able to Disenchant things doesn't strike me as especially helpful or appealing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Tl; dr: What build order to earn all avs, pets, titles without crippling yourself by removing the wrong buildings?
    For "pet" building...

Lunarfall Inn (A)/Frostwall Tavern (H):
    because Mylune and Cowled Ranger give you a quest with a Pet reward

Barn:
    You can have the Pygmy Cow once you build a Barn and upgrade it to level 3. Is the Achievement reward.

Trading Post:
    The 2 factions Shattari Defense and Laughing Skull have pets for selling
    (means that you need both faction)

Default Building:
    Herb Garden:
    with 1.000 Seds you can buy the pet Crazy Carrot

Fishing Shack:
    Nat Peagle sell Land Shark and Sea Calf for 50 Lucky coin

and of course Pet Managerie.

Also some Profession Building can provide recipe for crafting some pet, but you need the profession.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that is not actually what i asked for but it is helpful nontheless. thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    that is not actually what i asked for but it is helpful nontheless. thank you very much.
    For the buildings Tartys mentioned above, this is the way to get em all. I assume you're at 100 for most plots. We will cover all buildings for achies related with them, not just the ones mentioned above. Move to next step after the Bold building has it's stuff all done.

Step 1
    Small: SY + 2 proff (one of these will be engineering works cuz you can make pets via it, some even without engineering)
    Medium: LM + INN (lm for GR upkeep, Inn first cuz it takes the longest, and when you're done you will have enough GR to build new stuff and keep up with missions)
    Large: Stables + Workshop ( stables to start with the long quest chains and get some GR on the way, Workshop cuz it's easy to do the achie just by using the item each day a lot of times)
    Total GR cost: 1350 (small) + 2000 (medium) + 4400 (large) = 7750 (total)

Step 2
    Small: No change
    Medium: Replace Inn with TP (for the faction related stuff, a lvl 2 TP will be enough, also get as much as GR as possible while it's up from work orders)
    Large: Replace Stables with Mage Tower, and Workshop with Bunker (MT only has achies around it, and bunker will also give you a mog set)
    Total GR cost: 0 (small) + 1000 (medium) + 4400 (large) = 5400 (total)

Step 3
    Small: No change
    Medium: Replace the TP with Barn (mount for LW and achies)
    Large: Replace Mage Tower with Racks (and then keep racks + bunker forever for raiding)
    Total GR cost: 0 (small) + 1000 (medium) + 2200 (large) = 3200 (total)

Step 1.5
    Mine: there is a small chance for a pet from mining like in previous expansions, tho i'm unsure do you need mining for it.
    Garden: i suggest you get herbalism, and go do the 500 seed achie for lvl 3 garden. With it you will always have seeds for WO and bonus seeds from the garden it self, eventually you can get the pet.
    Fishing Shack: Do the daily each day, and get fishing to 700 to get Nat Pagle, then just keep fishing.
    Menagerie: Do the daily, and go out do 1k battles for lvl 3 plans, then do the new daily for a chance at new pets.
    Total GR cost: 800 (total)

Total GR needed to do everything above: 17150

Some questions/misunderstanding:
    an early question asked about getting a barn on alts asap. From what i could find the requirement is to get a level 2 garrison which you need a small and large building. You said
    Make Barn at lvl 91 (when you up to garrison lvl 2), you might then ding 92 while you wait for it to build.
    Get the trap and the quest. If horde, go to the place under Bladespire Fortress (where the frozen ppl are) and capture 14 wolfs.
    If Alliance, go to the valley north of Karabor, and capture 14 Elekk.
    but from what i can tell as horde you have to be either an alchy or reach level 93 to build a small building.
    How reasonable sounding is doing one 100 then 10alts to just barn level one for a barn rush(2days) to start making bloods to sell?

Non alchemists can still use them, they just won't get them from the garrison.

You will just have to buy them/ have a friend craft them for you. Like how alchemy has always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcount View Post
    but from what i can tell as horde you have to be either an alchy or reach level 93 to build a small building.
    How reasonable sounding is doing one 100 then 10alts to just barn level one for a barn rush(2days) to start making bloods to sell?
    Barn is a medium building that you can build as soon as your Garrison has been upgraded to level 2. For small buildings, if you have a crafting profession you can build the matching building (almost) right away, and all other small buildings as soon as you upgrade to level 2.

For barns to make bloods they need to be level 3, so you need to be at 100 and have your garrison upgraded to level 3. If you want to rush 10 alts to 100 then go ahead, but to me that doesn't sound very reasonable.

Building several level 1 barns to get the work order achievement sooner sounds good though.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2014-10-26 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i could find the requirement is to get a level 2 garrison which you need a small and large building.
    Don't need those buildings, you will get a racks right away, the small doesn't need to be built. During lvl 91 you will get a quest to upp to lvl 2, this will give u access to a medium plot for the barn.
    Sounds nice, and above i posted how long would it take depending on alt number. Make your choice (numbers in brackets are WOs you need to start BUT not finish):

main: 112WO+(13) = 448h -----------------------------------------------------------------------18 days 16 hours
    main + alt: 58+58WO+(7+6)= 232+232h------------------------------------------------------- 9 days 16 hours
    main + 2 alts: 28+28+28WO+(14+14+13)= 112+112+112h----------------------------------- 4 days 16 hours
    main + 3 alts: 18+18+18+18WO+(14+14+14+11) = 72+72+72+72h------------------------- 3 days
    main + 4 alts: 14+14+14+14+14WO+(11+11+11+11+11)= 56+56+56+56+56h------------ 2 days 16 hours
    main + 8 alts: (14+14+14+14+14+14+14+14+13) = 0h--------------------------------------- you get it right away
    Last edited by Denizly; 2014-10-26 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    For barns to make bloods they need to be level 3, so you need to be at 100 and have your garrison upgraded to level 3. If you want to rush 10 alts to 100 then go ahead, but to me that doesn't sound very reasonable.
    Yes but to even get a level 3 Barn I need 125 traps(account wide), which means i just need to get the alts to the point they have a level 1 barn and do the Work Orders. The leveling from 9X-100 can come later and depending on how efficient the 5.5hour speed-run is it might be within the weekend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Don't need those buildings, you will get a racks right away, the small doesn't need to be built. During lvl 91 you will get a quest to upp to lvl 2, this will give u access to a medium plot for the barn.

Sounds nice, and above i posted how long would it take depending on alt number. Make your choice:

main: 125WO = 500h -----------------------------------------------------------------------21 days
    main + alt: 63+62WO=252+248h----------------------------------------------------------11 days
    main + 2 alts: 42+42+41WO = 168+168+164h------------------------------------------- 7 days
    main + 3 alts: 32+31+31+31+31WO = 128 + 124 +124 +124h------------------------- 6 days
    main + 4 alts: 25+25+25+25+25WO = 100 + 100 +100 +100 +100h------------------ 5 days
    main + 10 alts: 12+12+12+12+11+...+11WO = 48+48+48+48+44+...+44h---------- 2 days
    It's a bit less than that because this achievement along with some others like the Lumber Mill one only require you to place work orders, not complete them. So you get achievement credit immediately.

For example a main (lvl 2 barn) and 4 alts (lvl 1 barn) would get 14+4*7 = 42/125 credit immediately, and then another 5 every 4 hours, making the achievement require less than 3 days.