Deleted

MayronUI Gen4 - Released and need feedback!

Hi all,

I have been working for the past 5 months or so on a massive update and it is currently in Beta (Version 4.0.1 Beta). It only works with WoW MoP and not the PTR / Pre-Patch / WoD but I am patching it up this week ready for it. I have added a ton of new features and wanted your opinion. You don't need to try it out as I have some nice preview screen shots of what it does. There are animations for certain features so screen shots can only show so much.

EDIT: Now Works for Patch 6.0.2!

Strong Points:
    • Supports all Resolutions.
    • Only consumes 800 - 900 kb in AddOn Memory.
    • Has 6 modules which are optional on installation: Chat Box, Mini-Map, BottomUI, ReskinUI, CastBars, and Side Bars.
    • Able to easily switch between Layouts (DPS and Healer) and has a tool to create your own (up to 5).
    • Supports all Roles and Classes.
    • Update-able via Curse Client.
    • Ability to expand artwork and fade in more Action bars.
    • Ability to enable Chat Box art for each corner of the screen.
    • Supports the use of other AddOns with the UI and is recommended.

The only thing is that the UI is aimed at being upgraded and customized so I do not include any Class specific AddOns such as resource tracking AddOn and does not include a Boss Mod / Raid Frames as users tend to uninstall them. This is why I do not include them so that the users can choose which ones they want to use. I may include them in future but it might be a waste of time.

Screen Shots:

Thank you for checking it out!

Home Page / Download Page at WoWInterface here!
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2014-10-14 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    One of the best UI Ive ever seen , ty !!!

Deleted
    i rather build them myself but i wanted to say nice work maybe put ttalent addon in it to complete it

Deleted
    This looks realy good! So take my criticism as constructive! (Apologies for my poor English)

1. The chat is at the top, this mind bogles me a little bit, i would move it to the bottom left!
    2. Your combat text is absolutely hidious for raiding, at the very least it feels rather spammy, maybe consider Eavesdrop? Or Scrolling battle text?
    3. The eternal dilemma the with action buttons... I cannot do with less than 24 action buttons, this gives med the option for 20, or 40. What if i want 24? Making 12 x 2 bars looks rather thick, dosent it? I cannot realy give you a good surgestion, because this is a fucking pain for my self to figure out...
    4. Option for both Focus and Targets Target. I do not know if this is a thing? If so, ignore this!

Otherwise it is absolutely epic, could still use a little work in terms for actual information deplayed on the sceen (see my points above) but the overall layout certainly makes me consider changing and modifying this!

PS.
    - An option for the bar textures on the Data text???

I will download this later and give a bit more detailed judgement
    Last edited by mmoc7190e063db; 2014-09-28 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horehound View Post
    This looks realy good! So take my criticism as constructive! (Apologies for my poor English)

1. The chat is at the top, this mind bogles me a little bit, i would move it to the bottom left!
    2. Your combat text is absolutely hidious for raiding, at the very least it feels rather spammy, maybe consider Eavesdrop? Or Scrolling battle text?
    3. The eternal dilemma the with action buttons... I cannot do with less than 24 action buttons, this gives med the option for 20, or 40. What if i want 24? Making 12 x 2 bars looks rather thick, dosent it? I cannot realy give you a good surgestion, because this is a fucking pain for my self to figure out...
    4. Option for both Focus and Targets Target. I do not know if this is a thing? If so, ignore this!

Otherwise it is absolutely epic, could still use a little work in terms for actual information deplayed on the sceen (see my points above) but the overall layout certainly makes me consider changing and modifying this!

PS.

I will download this later and give a bit more detailed judgement
    Thanks for the comment, appreciate it! I will just say again that this UI is intended to be built ontop of with more mods which is why their are no Raid frames and a boss mod and also class specific addOn's for tracking class resources. I will try adding this stuff in future but usually a user would uninstall stuff like that to use their own favourite boss mods and raid frames which is why I left them out.

1. There is a screen shot showing that you can enable and disable chat artwork in each corner so there is an option to disable the top left corner and enable the bottom left. Its default position is something that I feel makes it look unique and I've grown to love it ^^

2. I use the Parrot combat text which is setup to display incoming damage and healing and out going healing. Ii personally love the damage being handled by Blizzard and the text seems readable. I personally hate using parrot / scrolling combat text etc for damage as it is stuck on my screen in one defined fixed area making it take up more space but thats all just personal preference and this UI's main goal is to be a starting stone for customization by the user.

3. I use roughly 24 buttons as well so I have 2 bottom bar showing rather than 2 and then just use Bartender (which is what the UI uses) to enable a smaller bar and have it in the gap between the player and target frames above the artwork where it dips down. This fits in nicely and so this is perfectly capable of doing.

4. You can set focus like normal and yes there is a target of target frame in between the player and target frame with the focus frame on top of the target of target frame.

5. Yes I will definitely provide an option to alter the texture, specially for the data text fields. This is something I actually thought to myself yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback! I may try the parrot damage area because for raiding I play only a Resto Shaman. At the moment the timers for abilities is controlled by Shadowed Unit Frames which does not handle it the best. That is also something I can to improve on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Horehound View Post
    I added this today and now its available for download!

Here is the Full Change Log for 4.0.2 which includes extra additions that you may like the sounds of:

4.0.2 - Beta:
    • Altered the way the MUI Unit Frames Background frame works:
    • Added options to alter the center, left, or right width of the MUI Unit Frames Background frame in the MUI Config Menu by splitting the frame down into 2 separate frames.
    • Fixed a bug which made the Unit Names frame options to change their width and height not work
    • Added option to move the Unit Names X Offset
    • Added Option to move the MUI Unit Frames Background frame's Y Offset in case you do not want to stretch its height to distort it.
    • Added Option to change the Data Fields Texture and Colour.
    • Fixed a compatibility error with using Bagnon - No longer darkens action buttons.
    • Fixed a Cast Bar bug that made Fishing not show a cast bar.
    • Made a second Bazooka profile that will switch to the bottom left corner if you have the Bottom Left chat box art enabled and not the top left corner art! This will trigger when enabling / disabling chat box art from the MUI Config Menu.

Another fantastic job Mayron! You fit a lot of functionality in while still keeping things looking clean, which I love.

Whilst personally I like to build my own, I respect and applaud your efforts.

Whilst there is plenty I personally would change to suit my personal tastes, I think this is great for those that want an all-in-one UI and the one thing that springs to mind that I would reconsider is the font - there are thousands of fonts out there and I think the UI would benefit from a more imaginative font style.

Well done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post
    Thanks for the comment, appreciate it! I will just say again that this UI is intended to be built ontop of with more mods which is why their are no Raid frames and a boss mod and also class specific addOn's for tracking class resources. I will try adding this stuff in future but usually a user would uninstall stuff like that to use their own favourite boss mods and raid frames which is why I left them out.

1. There is a screen shot showing that you can enable and disable chat artwork in each corner so there is an option to disable the top left corner and enable the bottom left. Its default position is something that I feel makes it look unique and I've grown to love it ^^

2. I use the Parrot combat text which is setup to display incoming damage and healing and out going healing. Ii personally love the damage being handled by Blizzard and the text seems readable. I personally hate using parrot / scrolling combat text etc for damage as it is stuck on my screen in one defined fixed area making it take up more space but thats all just personal preference and this UI's main goal is to be a starting stone for customization by the user.

3. I use roughly 24 buttons as well so I have 2 bottom bar showing rather than 2 and then just use Bartender (which is what the UI uses) to enable a smaller bar and have it in the gap between the player and target frames above the artwork where it dips down. This fits in nicely and so this is perfectly capable of doing.

4. You can set focus like normal and yes there is a target of target frame in between the player and target frame with the focus frame on top of the target of target frame.

5. Yes I will definitely provide an option to alter the texture, specially for the data text fields. This is something I actually thought to myself yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback! I may try the parrot damage area because for raiding I play only a Resto Shaman. At the moment the timers for abilities is controlled by Shadowed Unit Frames which does not handle it the best. That is also something I can to improve on.

- - - Updated - - -

I added this today and now its available for download!

Here is the Full Change Log for 4.0.2 which includes extra additions that you may like the sounds of:

4.0.2 - Beta:
    • Altered the way the MUI Unit Frames Background frame works:
    • Added options to alter the center, left, or right width of the MUI Unit Frames Background frame in the MUI Config Menu by splitting the frame down into 2 separate frames.
    • Fixed a bug which made the Unit Names frame options to change their width and height not work
    • Added option to move the Unit Names X Offset
    • Added Option to move the MUI Unit Frames Background frame's Y Offset in case you do not want to stretch its height to distort it.
    • Added Option to change the Data Fields Texture and Colour.
    • Fixed a compatibility error with using Bagnon - No longer darkens action buttons.
    • Fixed a Cast Bar bug that made Fishing not show a cast bar.
    • Made a second Bazooka profile that will switch to the bottom left corner if you have the Bottom Left chat box art enabled and not the top left corner art! This will trigger when enabling / disabling chat box art from the MUI Config Menu.
    As i said, i had not tested all of the issues i adressed, so by all means, thank ALOT for the answer! Great responds, the ability to improve based on feedback is a brick in the house for every UI. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    there are thousands of fonts out there and I think the UI would benefit from a more imaginative font style.

Well done.
    Thank you very much and I have seen many UI's out there using very imaginative / crazy fonts but it makes it so much more harder to read. The font I chose is very readable and most importantly, it supports all languages (character sets). Most of the more unique fonts will only support a slim number of types, most likely only English. I had to pick a font type that supported characters such as Russian letters etc in order to target more people. For me personally, readability is always a higher priority.

Deleted
    Just updated the UI Pack for Patch 6.0.2 and wanted to let the people who use it on this forum know!

I have also added and fixed many features!

Currently the UI Pack does not contain Grid, Parrot and Tiptac because those AddOns are not supported with Patch 6.0.2 currently. I hope they do return soon

Currently the UI is at 86,206 Downloads ^^ Hope it gets more over night hehe! Exciting!

Its on WoW Interface Here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIGen4WoD.html

Well, I am just coming back and was looking for a solid UI, looks like I have found it. Thanks mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Call this a noob question (either that or someone who recently came back from 4 months off) - I can't seem to find the spot/option to turn the raid frames on and disable the Blizzard one. Any help? I'm rusty....and old.

Outside of that love the UI as it stands - just need to find the raid frames option.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Each time I've tried your previous generations, I've ended up using parts of it but still mostly ElvUI. This is the 1st time I've gone full MayronUI with just some addon adds/changes and I love it. Amazing job!

I did find two minor bugs though.
    In the MUI Config screen, the Leatrix button doesn't work. I can /ltp to get to it but the button errors saying the addon is missing.
    By default when in a party, the grid raid frames AND SuF party show and are overlapped. I just disabled Grid for 5 man and all was fine but should probably be default value.

On the suggestion side:

Make the cast bars draggable when toggled on for those of us who don't want the cast bar integrated into the frame. If there is a way, I couldn't find it, had to just manually change values in the boxes.

Add a way to set the chat window text font. I like to add a thin outline to my chat text when the backdrop is transparent so its easier for me to read and I couldn't find a way.

Get rid of Omen. There's just no need for it anymore. I don't know anyone, tank or not that still uses it.

Get rid of OmniCC, it's not needed in 6.x as that is built in.

Thanks again for all your work.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2015-01-05 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Call this a noob question (either that or someone who recently came back from 4 months off) - I can't seem to find the spot/option to turn the raid frames on and disable the Blizzard one. Any help? I'm rusty....and old.

Outside of that love the UI as it stands - just need to find the raid frames option.
    Sounds like you might have Grid disabled in your addons list. Check that first, that would explain it. I know he said it doesn't contain grid in a previous post, so if you downloaded that version, it wouldn't have it included but if you download the latest version (4.4.4), it does have it as Grid was updated for 6.0.2.