Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by moothz View Post
    I don't understand why he's mind spiking his devouring plague away...
    Or using VT and SW:P, tbh his play style is very strange to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Or using VT and SW:P, tbh his play style is very strange to say the least.
    I'm surprised he's even above 10 on the meters doing that kind of thing... Either he's doing some mindless testing or he has no idea how to play a spriest lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    or you could, idk, wait and see for yourself in a month or two? Go ahead and re-roll if you cannot do that, priests are better off without you.
    Oh god what a donkey you are

He was using immerseus trinket + SoO gear (which has gem slots and gets scaled up) etc, so keep that in mind as he would probably be doing far less if he was using a premade.

His last test on tectus was in premade gear with AS and you can see he was around middle of the pack.

THERE IT IS! What I've been waiting for:

It's not in depths, but at least I got a very frank pov of what to expect. Guess 6.0 will quickly help me figure out if I change or not, but I'd be ok, if the video reflects reality hehe.

Problem with 6.0 is, it doesnt show 2/3 of our gameplay at level 100 - since CoP and AS will play different from the 90 Version @ 6.0 - only VEnt plays nearly the same (at least at singletarget)
    With 6.0 at level 90 all that change for us is the new Insanity mechanic and that Mastery wont affect our DoTs anmore, but the non-dots.. - except MF.

Imo the vid is pretty good - you dont excpect in a 12minute preview that he goes into the deepest dephts of our class, but he shows a pretty good summary of our talents, the different playstyles and the problem with the different stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by moothz View Post
    I'm surprised he's even above 10 on the meters doing that kind of thing... Either he's doing some mindless testing or he has no idea how to play a spriest lol
    Actually i just saw in preach his video its based around the second level 100 talent which is based around no dots. although he is making a mistake with removing his DP away he should fill that with a mind flay. other than that he is doing it right :P Mind blast, Mind spike, Mind spike, Mind spike, Mind Blast, Devouring plague at 3 orbs, mind fplay filler (to not remove the DP), and start over again.

Not sure if i like that kind of game play but that another story.

The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I called him out on it on his youtube channel. It's the same kind of min-max derp-fu that tried to convince people to stop casting mind blast back in burning crusade.

I told him straight up: If you're trying to break the class, then good luck, because blizzard will fix it. But don't come off like "this is the second coming of spriest play" because it's not. If you're CoP spec, you should be spiking, blasting dping and sw:i channeling. He was like, "well, in the current build this does higher dps" and the general response was BETA IS BETA HURRRRRRR.

- - - Updated - - -

Preach doesn't know what he's talking about regarding CoP. He flat out states his bias about not liking a "dotless" alternative play style and goes so far as to actually mislabel it's purpose. I called him out on it on his vid and got a bunch of +1's. ^_^ I like preach, but he's really only useful AFTER content is fixed and not before.
    So how does it work than?

Clarity of Power: Your Mind Spike, Mind Sear, and Shadow Word: Death deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch. Also reduces the cooldown on Mind Blast by 3 sec and makes it instant cast.

Seems like Preach was quite right about it but perhaps i`m missing it as well?

I called him out on it on his youtube channel. It's the same kind of min-max derp-fu that tried to convince people to stop casting mind blast back in burning crusade.

I told him straight up: If you're trying to break the class, then good luck, because blizzard will fix it. But don't come off like "this is the second coming of spriest play" because it's not. If you're CoP spec, you should be spiking, blasting dping and sw:i channeling. He was like, "well, in the current build this does higher dps" and the general response was BETA IS BETA HURRRRRRR.

- - - Updated - - -

Preach doesn't know what he's talking about regarding CoP. He flat out states his bias about not liking a "dotless" alternative play style and goes so far as to actually mislabel it's purpose. I called him out on it on his vid and got a bunch of +1's. ^_^ I like preach, but he's really only useful AFTER content is fixed and not before.
    You sure like to talk as if your so much smarter than Preach, but he spent more time talking about how to play a Dot weaving CoP than he did how to play it with no dots. I have no idea why you feel the need to let us all know how you "called him out" on something he very clearly covered in his video. Preach was pretty much 100% correct and many good Spriest has said that about his video.

There's nothing more pathetic than taking pleasure from being validated by Youtube comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    There's nothing more pathetic than taking pleasure from being validated by Youtube comments.
    I dunno, I could think of more pathetic things :-P

But yeah, unsure about the hate for Preach.

No one's arguing that he's the most up to date resource for Beta changes or shadow theorycrafting.

He's an accessible poster commenting on a range of classes and issues who has a soft spot for shadow. Even with that small interest he's probably contributing more to a broad awareness of shadows challenges than most people sniping at him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    You sure like to talk as if your so much smarter than Preach, but he spent more time talking about how to play a Dot weaving CoP than he did how to play it with no dots. I have no idea why you feel the need to let us all know how you "called him out" on something he very clearly covered in his video. Preach was pretty much 100% correct and many good Spriest has said that about his video.
    I didnt get that part as well as imho Preach is indeed correct. however i haven't played shadow enough in MoP to be questioning this.
    This is also the reason why i asked him to clarify and state perhaps i missed something.