10+ Year Old Account

looking for a tablet

This is sort of computer related, hope I put it in the right spot :-)

Anyway, I'm looking for a tablet, preferably Android. Absolutely do not want grapple products. I've done some googling, and I just don't know what specifically I should be paying attention to.

It will be primarily for playing games, size doesn't matter much but I don't want a really small one. Would prefer something that does at least 1080. I would prefer android, but I guess a windows one wouldn't be too bad. Expansion slot would be nice but not necessary.

Any of you have experiences or recommendations to share? Any to stay away from? Would prefer under $300, unless it's absolutely worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-817...1943650&sr=8-1 ?
    As far as performance goes for gaming, I can think of none higher end. Does meet your requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I never even thought to check nvidia. Interesting. Read the specs on it, man, it sounds really nice.

Keeping my options open though, anything else?
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Nvidia shield, or iPad. Since you don't want anything Apple, the choice is easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You know, I never even thought to check nvidia. Interesting. Read the specs on it, man, it sounds really nice.
    I personally own a Tegra Note, which is the Shield's predecessor. I quite like it and it performs well for gaming.

Only complaints I have are that the GPS does not function well (it takes 15+ minutes to acquire a lock), the battery life is rather short when gaming, and the cover for it (which seems to be about the only cover/case available) is cheaply made and fragile.

But I don't use the GPS on it (I use my phone for that), I can just use an external battery to keep it charged, and I gave up on any sort of case for it.

Another device you might look at is the Wikipad. It's a NVIDIA-based 7" tablet, but it also slides into a controller housing you see it in in the pictures making it functional for portable gaming, like an upsized gamegear, rather than having to put the tablet down on something like with the shield.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I personally own a Tegra Note, which is the Shield's predecessor. I quite like it and it performs well for gaming.

Only complaints I have are that the GPS does not function well (it takes 15+ minutes to acquire a lock), the battery life is rather short when gaming, and the cover for it (which seems to be about the only cover/case available) is cheaply made and fragile.

But I don't use the GPS on it (I use my phone for that), I can just use an external battery to keep it charged, and I gave up on any sort of case for it.

Another device you might look at is the Wikipad. It's a NVIDIA-based 7" tablet, but it also slides into a controller housing you see it in in the pictures making it functional for portable gaming, like an upsized gamegear, rather than having to put the tablet down on something like with the shield.
    Ha, that's pretty nifty :-)

I ended up going with the shield. Really glad everyone seemed to settle on that, I thought there was going to be a lot of brand bashing and flag waving lol. Thanks guys!