What's better for questing 85-90, subtlety or assassination?

I was combat from #-85, but I've recently switched to assassination.

Should I stick it out with this or switch to subtlety?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sub is possibly the worst spec to level as in the MoP zones from my experience. It doesn't do enough burst to kill in its opener, and after your opener, you're stuck using hemo to kill, which hits like a noodle.

Assassination all the way. Combine with glyph of Mementum and leeching poison, and you will feel like a god.

ug posts like this...

Can you not simply pick a spec go out in the world and try it for yourself?
    "Oh this is pretty hard mobs die slow and im low hp after each kill"
    ~Switches to second spec on the spot~
    "Oh this is much better"
    End the derp
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    ug posts like this...

Can you not simply pick a spec go out in the world and try it for yourself?
    "Oh this is pretty hard mobs die slow and im low hp after each kill"
    ~Switches to second spec on the spot~
    "Oh this is much better"
    End the derp
    I hope in your other 1024 posts you bring something to the table. thanks for your knowledge Cranial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Well to be fair a simple google search would have given you the answer. But, don't level as sub, if you multi pull 2 or 3, mobs are going to kill you quicker than you're going to kill them. Stick to assa and combat ( i pref assa, combat feels slow), keep bleeds up and SnD you should be okay. Saying that 85-90 i remember it being pretty painful leveling my rogue, just one of those things.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I hope in your other 1024 posts you bring something to the table. thanks for your knowledge Cranial.
    Um, wat? You do realize, you're not quoting my post?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranial View Post
    Sub is possibly the worst spec to level as in the MoP zones from my experience. It doesn't do enough burst to kill in its opener, and after your opener, you're stuck using hemo to kill, which hits like a noodle.
    That depends entirely on his gear. I was able to murder everything in my opener until 87. And if you do, then sub will kill faster than assassination.

LMAO

Danshot.. *facepalm* i agree with "tru".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    That depends entirely on his gear. I was able to murder everything in my opener until 87. And if you do, then sub will kill faster than assassination.
    Fresh out of cata as a main character, in full DS BiS gear including legendaries or at least DS daggers, of course.

But as a leveling rogue with 1-85 heirlooms and ilvl333 quest blues? The MoP mob HP pools are completely out of scale...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just realized, I totally misread the post I was quoting. Remember kids, don't get high and mmo-champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Fresh out of cata as a main character, in full DS BiS gear including legendaries or at least DS daggers, of course.

But as a leveling rogue with 1-85 heirlooms and ilvl333 quest blues? The MoP mob HP pools are completely out of scale...
    And you know what he has how exactly? He didn't mention it and I don't see any armory links. I still have a decked out cata toon sitting there, and I'm sure other people that did DS for a year do too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    And you know what he has how exactly? He didn't mention it and I don't see any armory links. I still have a decked out cata toon sitting there, and I'm sure other people that did DS for a year do too.
    I don't know, that's why I wrote both possible extremes here.

Just try all 3 and pick the one you like best. Me I have been playing since 2006 I know that Mutilate is my fav spec I always lv as Mutilate. Combat is probably the best because of blade flurry and killing spree but on the other hand at higher levels mutilate does fine in AOE because of poisons in conjunction with FOK.

I use to level as combat because you pretty much had too, it was hard to find good daggers there was an abundance of swords. Combat can use any weapon , it had more dodge, stamina and energy regen. Combat no longer has any extra survivability built into it so your not forced to play it anymore.

when there was no recuperate not playing combat while leveling felt impossible at times. I tried mutilate at 50 loved it but went back to combat then returned to mutilate at 80.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    Just try all 3 and pick the one you like best.
    Only he did not ask us: "Which spec do you guys think I will enjoy the most?".

He asked a very good, very specific and very TECHNICAL question: "What's better for questing...", for which there is a correct answer and two wrong ones.

Which btw. is Assassination with Glyph of Deadly Momentum.