Thread: Mouse troubles?

Deleted

Mouse troubles?

Hey,

So when I'm playing WoW, sometimes I hear a little noise in the background as if I've plugged a new device in and my mouse will disappear from the screen and then come back a few seconds later. This only seems to be happening whilst I'm playing WoW though? I've just done a complete reformat and re-install and I thought it might've fixed it but it's still happening. I've swapped USB slots too but the same thing is happening.

Anyone have any idea why this keeps occurring?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay it's not just my mouse, it's also the keyboard.

The computer still responds, WoW still runs etc. But the mouse and keyboard just randomly stop working and I have to force shutdown at the main button on the comp...I'm getting worried now, could this be my motherboard starting to fail or something?

Also it only seems to happen when I'm playing WoW, when I'm just browsing I don't think I'm having this issue? Could it be shortcuts I'm doing whilst strafing etc on WoW that is causing it or not
    Last edited by mmoc10e316d81f; 2014-09-29 at 11:57 AM.

Did you update your drivers for the mouse and keyboard? Razer likes to throw out updates monthly it seems to me if thats the type of mouse or keyboard you have.

Deleted
    I'm just using a Logitech mouse and Saitek keyboard, I've never in about four years had to change or update drivers for em it seems like Windows does that for me.

Literally can't raid ATM and it's driving me insane

If they are four years old they may just be old and dieing aka time for new keyboards but I would still see if there were any drivers available from the logitech and saitek websites just as ensurance that its not a driver issue.

Deleted
    But would they both start to fail at the same time like that? I'm not touching the comp now and they're fine, no bleep noise as if I've plugged something in etc. but hmm alright I'll check

Deleted
    Pray your motherboard is not going to silicon heaven.

Deleted
    You can also get a little noise when you unplug from USB.

Does your computer's PSU have enough to cope with you playing WoW (graphics card will draw a lot more power).

It might be that the PSU isn't up to it and your USB devices are effectively being power cycled.

Deleted
    Silicon heaven?

No I've got an i5 and an nvidia GeForce 460 GTX? 4gb DDR3

I've got a logitech mouse (g700) that occasionally does something similar (at least similar to the first half of your post). Usually when I'm playing Diablo, it will just cut out and I'll be left running in whatever direction I was running in - I hear the usb connection noise, and in 10 seconds or so it reconnects. Has happened maybe 5-7 times in the past few weeks, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the charging cable and charging port getting worn down, and it gets a little lose and loses connection. I don't have the wireless dongle plugged into my PC so the mouse only works with the wired connection, and so it's always plugged in. In addition the cord kind of hangs in a way so it might put some stress on it. I guess make sure everything is plugged in securely? :O Sure you already have.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Are you sure it's only in WoW? If you don't play a lot of games other than WoW, you may not really be testing it in anything else.

Last time I saw that happen, it was a problem with the cable/connection (wired mouse). The cable for the mouse was pulled kinda tight and didn't have a lot of slack, and a small part of it had worn down over time from being pulled/rubbing against the edge of the desk. Although it would be odd for that to happen to both your mouse and keyboard at around the same time.

If you have a spare mouse, it'd be interesting to try swapping them out for a day or two just to see if the problem persists. If you don't have one, you can get the cheapo Walmart special for like 10 bucks. Might be a pain in the ass to play WoW on something like that (because the cheapo Walmart special is probably going to be a two-button mouse that doesn't even have a scroll wheel), but it could also point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-09-29 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, it's where electronics go when they die... Was that really that hard to figure out?
    If you have nothing to say of worth, then just don't say anything.

Anyway I just did an LFR as a keyboard turner, I didn't use the mouse once and I had no disconnects whatsoever. So I'm thinking I just need a new mouse or something, unless I just had pure luck.

I reckon it's a worn out cable and it's playing up? Could a worn out mouse also trigger the keyboard to sometimes stop working when the mouse starts to play up or is that not really possible?