Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't know you nearly well enough to know for sure you are a jerk. All I can do is hate you for your perfect stomach. And by hate you I mean be insanely jealous.
    I 2nd this! =O

I like how all the photos show people who obviously lift, yet the majority of these offenders irl are just casuals.

The only people I dislike from that whole list are machine hogs. Other than that I don't really agree with the list (the author must have gone to some pretty weird gyms), especially ''the spotter'' thing. I've been asked a couple of times to spot for someone and don't see anything wrong with it, or ''the nudist''. Hell I'm gay and I don't even look at naked guys in the locker room no matter how hot they are... I'm at the gym for a reason, and that reason is not to ogle naked guys, if they want to walk around naked after showering they can go ahead for all I care.

#3 pretty much solidified the idea that whoever came up with that list never spent more than a day in the gym.

Deleted
    so on the topic of gyms so i don't have to make a new thread, i just signed up to a gym for the first time ever, and it just dawned on me, i have no idea what i am suppose to wear there!
    i bought some tops which i think are ok, but what do i wear on my legs? sweatpants, shorts or what? i don't want to look like a douchebag going there, so what should i take guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so on the topic of gyms so i don't have to make a new thread, i just signed up to a gym for the first time ever, and it just dawned on me, i have no idea what i am suppose to wear there!
    i bought some tops which i think are ok, but what do i wear on my legs? sweatpants, shorts or what? i don't want to look like a douchebag going there, so what should i take guys.
    Whatever you like, I prefer shorts on leg days and tracksuit bottoms the rest of the time. Comfort is key though, you are going to be sweating a lot so get something loose and light.

Whatever is comfortable honestly. You want something that isn't going to impede your ability to do whatever work outs you're doing. For me personally (being a guy), sweat-wicking shirts and basketball shorts work plenty fine when I lift. It's also comfortable to switch to running shoes and do some cardio.

Topic: The spotter reference just shows the author of the article doesn't have a clue what goes on in the gym. Spotters are there to make sure you don't hurt yourself. Even the best of lifters (unless they're morons) have a spotter when they're pushing their limits. I'd rather have some dude hovering over me than drop a barbell on my chest.

Deleted
    hm ok, thanks guys.

i didn't want to turn up on my first day looking like a douchebag, i'm nervous enough about going as it is :P

hm ok, thanks guys.

i didn't want to turn up on my first day looking like a douchebag, i'm nervous enough about going as it is :P
    Don't worry about what people think of you at the gym ever, just do your own thing and get the results you want. Good luck though!^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    hm ok, thanks guys.

Fuck everyone else man, i walk in and get my workout done in just over an hour; I speak perhaps three or four times at most, mostly to inquire if said weights are being used.

That said, if someone sees your form is bad they'll most likely give you some advice.

Also check to see if your gym has a free PT session, insist to use it on displaying form and lifting techniques not diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no idea what i am suppose to wear there!
    As others have said, comfort is key. A t-shirt or tanktop and something loose fitting on the bottom. You can wear sweats but you might find that uncomfortable if you plan on actually working up a sweat. I wear athletic/basketball type shorts and that works for me. But I see people in track pants or sweats all the time too.

Here's the big secret about the gym -- no one is going to look at you, notice you, or care what you are doing as long as you don't interfere with what they are doing.

The Spotter...

Nothing wrong with spotting, but don't ask to do it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    It is very stupid. I've had bad experiences were a spotter was needed =P

Surprised the list didn't include dropping weights (totally guilty of that one)
    Everyone drops weights once and a while, but it isn't good for the equipment or your muscles to instantly drop all the weight you are lifting. I used to drop weights when I lost my grip doing dead lifts, once I got wrist straps, I had no problems with setting the bar down properly.

I usually wear a jock strap and a bench press machine.

Yup. That's actually what I would do if there weren't societal norms...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.