Minimum number of people to do "Share the Pain"

Hi!

A couple of guildies and myself have gone back to Firelands to do the meta-achievement. So far, we've been able to do the achievements we've tried with just the 3 of us, but I'm guessing "Share the Pain" might be harder / not possible, and was wondering if anyone knew how many people are necessary to do this achievement.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Share the Pain requires a full 5 to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Share the Pain requires a full 5 to do it.
    I think you're thinking of Share The Love from Gundrak

@OP Pretty sure it's easy to solo, just nuke it down and you should get it automatically since you wont get past the first (maybe second) crystal.

The only thing in Glory of the Firelands raider that can't be solo'd (numbers aside) is Only The Penitent, which to my knowledge requires 6 people and can't be done with less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    How many you need for Share the Pain will depend on how fast you can kill the boss. If you can nuke him quick, it shouldn't be an issue. You don't inherently need any number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The only thing in Glory of the Firelands raider that can't be solo'd (numbers aside) is Only The Penitent, which to my knowledge requires 6 people and can't be done with less.
    Yes, you need six minimum for Only the Penitent.

I don't think you can solo Beth, just because you still need someone up top and below right? Also probably Shannox, because the dog will chain stun you and you'll die (there might be a trick though). I mean, those aren't need-X-minimum for achievement, but they might prevent soloing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Thanks for the answers! Good to know that it should be doable (I searched for videos of people soloing the achievement but couldn't find any, so it got me thinking).

@Tziva, Beth and Shannox are soloable - you need to stay up top with Beth and it's doable (only real problem is the burn phase at the end). Shannox I haven't soloed, but have seen vids of people doing it.

We'll give it a go and let you guys know Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    How many you need for Share the Pain will depend on how fast you can kill the boss. If you can nuke him quick, it shouldn't be an issue. You don't inherently need any number of people.

Yes, you need six minimum for Only the Penitent.

I don't think you can solo Beth, just because you still need someone up top and below right? Also probably Shannox, because the dog will chain stun you and you'll die (there might be a trick though). I mean, those aren't need-X-minimum for achievement, but they might prevent soloing.
    Beth by now is a nice easy solo (for the right classes), and doing so gets you the achev almost by default. Just go up and keep moving.
    Same for Baleroc, as tank class, gets you the achev.
    Shannox is soloable, if you clear the trash should be able to get the achev too, with enough healing.
    Soloing alysrazor is also doable, and got me all parts of her achev apart from not getting hit by explosion clouds, which I got in a group by staying on the ground.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Only things I have an issue solo'ing is Shannox because like Tziva said, the chain stun and no way to reset stacks, it's extremely frustrating as a non-tank, and Baleroc because he hits like a truck, I get him to 1% around before I die using everything I can.

That being said, yeah, you should be able to do it alone but the crystal will start pulsing on you, and you can't heal yourself because of the debuff, so if you have to bring someone else, you'll need them to stay away from the crystal too. They can link to it if needed or on accident, but just stay within the achievement rules. You can try to ignore them completely if you want though.

With 3 people I cleared the whole instance, so you should be able to do everything except "Only the Penitent" like said, and the Rag achievement might be hard but it's not needed for the meta.

I've soloed Beth on both my hunter and dk. and shannox on my dk. So they shouldn't really be an issue for OP since he got some friends.

Deleted
    If it's just a tank alive he doesn't spawn any crystals. Not sure if you need to be alive for achievement but if you want to 2 or 3man it, then just have both dps from first crystal should work? Or solo it as tank.

Beth is weird but doable. Just that she goes down at 1hp (or 10%? don't remember) and you can't kill her before she's down and then she heals a truckload and a brazillion adds are up. Duo'ed it before and by far best was to both stay down it seemed (on 25 that was, solo'ed on 10). Shannox just requires a dot on him. Not even sure if rageface stuns the tank tbf, since I solo'ed on 10 on my monk. Maybe he died during first 45 seconds when xuen was up who snap got me out though, could be. Then again other tanks got diseases/bleeds/seal damage that should hit hard enough to break rage.

In case the question hasn't been answered:

You can solo it, there's no "X people have to have Y" or anything.

Take as many people as you need to kill the boss.

Another strategy you may try for doing this achievement might be:

Don't soak the crystals at all, they tick for like 10k and only kill people that have the debuff from soaking them.

It's pretty easy as long as you have an average healer and everyone making sure they run away from the crystals.

Alternatively; the faceroll method: kill the boss quick enough that he doesn't spawn a third crystal (probably need about ~600k raid DPS or something on 10 man).

For any solo anyone is having a particular issue with (except majordomo and ragnaros) I'll throw a little hint:

Get 25 stacks on alysrazor and then pull that boss with those. You will melt them - used this to take out baleroc hc without any issues as a shaman. It'll help you nuke baleroc far faster than you'd need for the achievement, it'll let you kill rageface immediately so you can't get stunned (but as a non-tank you will need strong healing and kiting to solo realistically), rhyolith zerging without doing volcanoes etc.

beth'tilac is out of range unfortunately and the last 2 unavailable at the time. As mentioned though beth'tilac achievement can be solo'd just by staying up top and ignoring the adds - I'd consider beth on normal to be the second easiest boss to solo personally, only issue is her healing if you don't do enough damage in the last 10-20% when she goes down.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    If it's just a tank alive he doesn't spawn any crystals. Not sure if you need to be alive for achievement but if you want to 2 or 3man it, then just have both dps from first crystal should work? Or solo it as tank.

Beth is weird but doable. Just that she goes down at 1hp (or 10%? don't remember) and you can't kill her before she's down and then she heals a truckload and a brazillion adds are up. Duo'ed it before and by far best was to both stay down it seemed (on 25 that was, solo'ed on 10). Shannox just requires a dot on him. Not even sure if rageface stuns the tank tbf, since I solo'ed on 10 on my monk. Maybe he died during first 45 seconds when xuen was up who snap got me out though, could be. Then again other tanks got diseases/bleeds/seal damage that should hit hard enough to break rage.
    She goes down at 10%. There's a trick to kill her up top: Don't push 10% until she starts casting Smoldering Devastation, and kill her before it finishes. This means save all your burst CDs for it. Alternatively, jump down for each devastation and kill all the spiderlings you can, dot everything on the way down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    You can solo Share the Pain easily by going away from the crystal range at all times, and of course surviving Balreoc's damage.
    Every boss in Firelands is soloable easily, save for Fandral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You can solo Share the Pain easily by going away from the crystal range at all times, and of course surviving Balreoc's damage.
    Every boss in Firelands is soloable easily, save for Fandral.
    Staghelm? Solo'ed it a while ago on my monk, far from impossible with the lots better gear now.

Staghelm? Solo'ed it a while ago on my monk, far from impossible with the lots better gear now.
    In context of OP who seems to not be in there solo anyway and likely isn't the strongest solo it likely won't be, as staghelm is generally a lot more difficult to solo (at least as a non-tank) than any other boss in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it was impossible, I said it's the only boss you cannot solo with a blindfold and your right arm tied to your back.