Page 1 of 2
LastLast

yet another "The Insane" question

ok guys, im turning to you to help me decide on something.

my main is already exalted with DMF and halfway through reverred with all 4 goblin reps. but heres the catch, i didnt do the pirates rep before working on goblin reps since i wasnt planning on doin the FOS but since we have some time before WOD, i decided to get my hands dirty with it.

question is, shall i do it on main by dropping goblin rep, get pirates up then redo goblins? or just do it on an alt with neutral rep with all? about my main, ive done loremaster twice so no quests available. 1 more thing, reason why i ask is that DMF rep needs around 5 month to exalted if i decide to do it on an alt.

so what you guys/gals think ?

thanks

Deleted
    Ooh, I'm in pretty much the same situation and was thinking of making this thread.. nearly exalted with goblins, didn't do pirates. Not too bothered with Darkmoon Faire. That's very little time and effort per rep compared to the rest.

based on icy-veins calculation, they say that DMF rep grind from neutral is more then 4 month. and 1 more thing, i cant do any more quests since i did loremaster twice,pre and post shattering so goblin rep on my main, if i decide to do it on it will be pure grinding. so which way to go ? ^^

Ya'll fucked. Start over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll move this to a little fitting section. This achievement hunters might be able to give some advice.

Moved the thread.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

When I this early this year I almost had Booty Bay on Exalted through questing alone. After I was done with the Bloodsail Buccaneers (Honored) I almost had 0 rep with Booty Bay. So yes, doing Goblins first is pretty much wasted effort, you might retain a few thousand points but that's next to nothing compared to what you have to grind through. Sorry.

You will usually want to keep Bloodsails Honored until you finished the achievement. The only way to increase Goblin factions without lowering Bloodsails is by killing pirate mobs in their camps in Tanaris (biggest camp and highest respawn rate by far), Northern Stranglethorn, or Northern Barrens. Turning in Goblin quests will lower Bloodsails again, and you don't want them to drop below Honored.

For DMF, once it starts do all the quests you can (dailies can be done 8 times per faire if you do them after midnight on launch day and before the daily reset occurs), get the Faire Guide so that you can loot the pick-up quests that drop from dungeon bosses, and see that you turn in all of those once per faire. I'm not sure if you can still turn in card decks for rep with them, but outside of that you can't do more during one faire, and yes that might mean that it'll take you several months. But that's how it goes. Still this is one of the easier parts of the achievement.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-09-29 at 11:14 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

My understanding is you don't Need exalted with the 4 Cartels and the honored Pirates at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Get 4 cartels up to exLted then do pirates and the cartel still counts unless it's been changed. I doubt it's been changed.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought this was common knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    My understanding is you don't Need exalted with the 4 Cartels and the honored Pirates at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Get 4 cartels up to exLted then do pirates and the cartel still counts unless it's been changed. I doubt it's been changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but OP want's to still be exalted with Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that's wrong. You can read it up at Wowhead. As of the current live version you'll need to fulfill all of the rep requirements at the same time.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    You don't need them at the same time.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but as far as I understand I'm in the same situation. We're fully aware of how the achievement works, that's not the question.
    The question is, if you already are exalted with the goblins, what would be the better option:
    a) Getting honored with pirates, and then back to neutral or better (not sure if OP meant he wanted back to exalted again) or
    b) On a toon that's on starting values with both factions, get honored with pirates and then exalted with goblins?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The phasing makes Bloodsail rep easy as hell.
    Please enlighten!

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    Please enlighten!
    The quest "Doublerum" in Stranglethorn (it's given by the leader of Booty Bay) gives you an easy way to obtain your Bloodsail Admiral - the entire community is phased during a pirate attack. Keep in mind though that you will be unable to hand in your quest to remove the phasing as long as your goblin reputation is low, so you'd need to farm your reputation back up through Tanaris or Grizzly Hills.

Also worth noting that you won't gain reputation with Bloodsail from this method after a certain point (I think it stops when you hit revered) so you'll need to have some friends in another phase help you out.

I was in the same boat. I had nearly Revered Goblin reps on my main and almost max Hated Bloodsail rep, and wanted to keep them... also finished nearly all the quests.

In the end I decided to do everything on an alt that was a Human, for the 10% reputation bonuses for everything, and it went fairly well.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-30 at 12:43 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Sorry that's wrong. You can read it up at Wowhead. As of the current live version you'll need to fulfill all of the rep requirements at the same time.
    Nope. I did the pirate to honored first. Now I am exalted with Goblins and hated with Pirates. Still have gotten credit for all of them if I track the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    op, you need to have bloodsail honored and goblins exalted plus dmf and ravenholdt. it doesn't matter which one you do first, but proving you were exalted with steamwheedle dudes is impossible if you don't get credit somehow ( and it happens ) so gms can't help you if the same happens to you. safest way is to grind bloodsail rep via killing guards all the way to honored at booty bay until you get the fos ( bloodsail admiral ) AND then working on your steamwheedle rep at various locations ( barrens, grizzly hills, stv, tanaris ) until you hit exalted with them as well. this way, if anything goes wrong a gm can easily see that you are already exalted with goblins and you have the fos from bloodsails.

i was revered with all goblin factions because of an earlier loremaster and did the above tactic just to be safe. alternative version is too painful and risky in my book. good luck.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Just take a group of like 5 people to Booty Bay and grind out Exalted, will take about 3 hours with decent gear to hit neutral, then another 3 to hit exalted.

After that, take 5 people to that island near Ratchet and grind until you no longer gain rep with Ratchet.
    Head to Lost Rigger Cove, grind until you're exalted with Ratchet, then head back to the other place to finish up your ~5k rep or so.
    gz on +5 exalted reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Just take a group of like 5 people to Booty Bay and grind out Exalted, will take about 3 hours with decent gear to hit neutral, then another 3 to hit exalted.

After that, take 5 people to that island near Ratchet and grind until you no longer gain rep with Ratchet.
    Head to Lost Rigger Cove, grind until you're exalted with Ratchet, then head back to the other place to finish up your ~5k rep or so.
    gz on +5 exalted reps.
    I did all my grinding in Tanaris. If you have a group it feels like it is the fastest way by far.

Deleted
    Did some maths to figure out the rep needed if you want to end up at least neutral with the goblins in the end.

0 neutral to 21k exalted = 42k (getting to friendly: 3k + honored 6k + revered 12k + exalted 21k)

If you did goblins first and have pirates at the very bottom, you're gonna need to get 51k rep to get to honored. (hostile 36k + unfriendly 3k + neutral 3k + friendly 3k + honored 6k)
    Assuming each killed Booty Bay NPC nets you as much rep as you lose (does it?), this should put you at -9k (42k - 51k) with goblins, which you'll then need to grind back.
    51k pirates + 9k goblins

On a fresh character you start with 0 neutral with goblins and roughly 0 hostile with pirates.
    Getting honored with pirates from this point takes 15k (unfriendly 3k + neutral 3k + friendly 3k + honored 6k), putting you at -15k with goblins. To then get exalted with goblins would take 42k + 15k = 57k.
    15k pirates + 57k goblins

So in raw numbers, starting from goblins exalted requires significantly less rep. This does not take into account how fast you can farm each faction, and in our case we don't have any quests to do, including the phasing quest to farm pirate rep. And, of course, you'll lose four exalted reps.

Anyone got an idea of how fast you can farm each side? (with and without the phase quest) In terms of rep per time, not time until completion. Or at least, in relation to each other.

Feel free to point out any errors.
    Last edited by mmocac610ba31b; 2014-10-01 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    *snip*
    You lose 4 times as much goblin rep as you gain with Bloodsail. By the time you hit unfriendly with Bloodsail, you will be max hated with all 4 goblin factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I did all my grinding in Tanaris. If you have a group it feels like it is the fastest way by far.
    I did all my grinding solo, and i like to change up the scenery every so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I completed this recently, from 0 neutral to exalted with DMF took me 3 months with doing every possible quest each month.

I did not need the bloodsail pirates at honored at the same time as I am a lazy prick and did the cloth hand ins for the goblins after getting them to honored and it still counted the achievement.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    You lose 4 times as much goblin rep as you gain with Bloodsail. By the time you hit unfriendly with Bloodsail, you will be max hated with all 4 goblin factions.
    Ugh, okay, misread that then. That changes everything.