Returning Player WoD PVP Question

Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

I'm returning to WoW after four (?) year hiatus and had a couple questions, apologize in advance for noobness and thank you for any answers.

My main is/was an arms warrior and I've done most of my pvp including arenas using that toon but have dabbled with ret pally, holy pally, warlock, and rdruid in arenas. My friend that is also thinking of coming back plays an ele shaman.

Here's the questions:

Out of arms war, pally, and warlock (all are 90 now) which do you think I should level first for WoD?
    Are all those options so craptastic that I should go with druid?
    My friend plays shaman, is there one toon that would be best suited out of war, pally, warlock?

10+ Year Old Account
    All four classes are quite viable with an Elemental Shaman, but preferably anyone who has a strong ability to peel would be proper suited. However, from what I've heard both on the Beta and PTR, a lot of people are moving from Arms to Fury and Gladiator-Protection which also seems to be the case with Warlocks moving back to Affliction.

Either way, it's best to get a second opinion on those above classes, but Paladin and Druid are both solid choices, in my opinion.

out of all those classes in strength it goes

1. warrior
    2. rdruid
    3. ret pally
    4. holy pally
    5. warlock
    after 2 they really drop off but ele/warrior/x is a strong comp so is ele/rdruid/mage or spriest

Deleted
    Warrior. No contest. Stupid op on beta atm and it's going live like that most likely.
    Gratz on keeping your overpoweredness another season and probably the entire expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I used to play arena with a rogue on Haomarush named Cymru...is it you???????

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I used to play arena with a rogue on Haomarush named Cymru...is it you???????
    nope sorry, warrior on US Mannoroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Warrior. No contest. Stupid op on beta atm and it's going live like that most likely.
    Gratz on keeping your overpoweredness another season and probably the entire expansion.
    This doesn't excuse how flawed the actual design of the class is, which is what's making everybody flock to Gladiator Stance or other similar classes. I feel sorry for all of the Arms and Fury Warriors, honestly. I'd rather my class actually work so I can have fun with it, than win games off of broken mechanics or pressing three buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    this is why i always think its funny when people fanboy so hard over defending the state of the beta when a lot of the time blizzard do nothing to fix glaring issues anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I'd rather my class actually work so I can have fun with it, than win games off of broken mechanics or pressing three buttons.
    So how did you end up with warrior in the first place?

jk
    kinda :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    So how did you end up with warrior in the first place?

jk
    kinda :|
    Not sure what you're implying here, but I don't main a Warrior. I'm just sympathizing with the Warrior player-base because my best mate plays one, and because Arms and Fury were completely annihilated in terms of class design by Celestalon.