Deleted

Combo points on the player frame (general question / sUF question)

Hey everyone, with the incoming change to combo points being on the player rather than on the target, I'd like to move my combo points to the player frame.

Is there any way to do this with shadowUnitframes? Are there any similar add-ons that can do this, that don't complete change everything about the unitframes?

What I need is a simple way to move the CP from the target frame to the player frame, that doesn't need hours of setting up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wait for the change in-game and whatever UI you utilize should take care of it for you.
    They will be moved to the player frame by default? Last I checked on the ptr (a while ago) they were still on the target frame.
    Good news

I use EnergyWatch Reborn, it gives me my energy and combo points in one bar. Very easy to customize and place where you want it. I haven't needed the target frame to track combo points for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    They will be moved to the player frame by default? Last I checked on the ptr (a while ago) they were still on the target frame.
    Good news
    They are still on the target frame and will stay there. The way Blizzard implemented the change to combo points is half assed and sloppy, so the combo points are still on your target they are just redirected instantly.
    All the existing problems with disappearing combo points are still problems, and will not be fixed because Blizzard will not acknowledge them.

The best way to go about this is to use an addon to display your combo points which makes you able to place them where ever you like. That could be NugComboBar or Combo Points Redux or it can be done with Weakauras if you prefer that.

What Rakhyt said, GetComboPoints still requires a target to work so there is no easy way of doing this. You would need an addon to model combo point decay to get what you want. I imagine some already do this.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakhyt View Post
    All the existing problems with disappearing combo points are still problems, and will not be fixed because Blizzard will not acknowledge them.
    because why fix it when in the same time you can just half-ass it, right? :/

Thanks for the explanations and tips everyone. I'll check out the suggested addons and won't hold my breath for an easy player-frame solution.