Thread: WoD Gear Tool

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WoD Gear Tool

Good day fellow mages

Chev and I have been working on a spreadsheet to be used by mages to find and compare gear. You can use it either to compare gear or take what we consider (with current Simcraft stat weights) to be BiS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/teuysxy21c...blic.xlsm?dl=0

Keep in mind that this tool a) does not contain Socketed, Warforged etc gear. We might add it later on but I am not sure if the hassle is worth it. Will consider.
    b)Uses the latest Simcraft stat weights. This means that right now we are using kind of old stat weights as the new info on 2set and 4set nerfs might influence stat weights. This WILL be updated and be kept updated. Also if you disagree with stat weights and want to go full crit Arcanomage you can still use the tool to find out what your BiS would be with your preferrance but the BiS items we have composed are based on Simcraft.

If anyone has any questions you can PM me but preferably do that if you do on the icy-veins.com mage forums as there is a bigger chance I will notice there.
    If you have any comments or remark please comment on this thread.

Cheers
    Berlinia
    Chev
    Ratok

Update: There is this genious named Ratok (or Trolltok) that worked on the background stuff of the excel. Now it does everything automatically so for all general purposes it color codes everything. Just amazing. The only slight change is that the formulas he used are not supported by google docs, but they are supported by excel. This is why we are sharing this excel through dropbox. You can download it, but then you will have to redownload every time. Or you can preview.
    Last edited by mmocc678005bf8; 2014-10-05 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    Updated, Read main post

Awsome info. Thanks guys.

Deleted
    Nice work, keep it up!

Deleted
    Update: Added the BiS List for the 989 Haste Cap with TV.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a huge update. There is a) a new link and b) alot more content. Arcane BiS added. %converter added. Fun stuff.

Deleted
    For anyone that hasn't checked this out, I highly recommend you to do so. It'll help with planning your pre-raid BiS a LOT, and makes it a lot easier to decide what items to pass on for your pesky warlocks and which ones to claim for yourself. This spreadsheet + wod.wowhead.com is what I'm personally using to make my WoD guide for acquiring t17 pre-raid BiS in the most efficient way possible.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2014-10-06 at 07:28 AM.

Big update happened: new formatting for the Gear Upgrade Path, added some new Items (e.g DMC trinket), fixed other formulas or stats, updated SF values and added buttons for auto copy / paste between Fire Pre-Raid and Fire Mythic stat weights, updated Arcane and Frost BiS lists etc.

This is cool. Thanks for the hard work!

AMAZING. ty.

Deleted
    First off all it looks amazing.

But i have 2 questions:

1: For the pre-raid Bis list a fire/arcane mage should have the legendary ring non-upgraded and upgraded. Is it even possible to get 2 legendary rings? And if that's possible can you equip 2 of the same rings? Or can you get 2 rings, 1 not upgraded and 1 upgraded and equip this together?

2: The upgraded legendary ring pre-raid has a 1648 score (arcane) in pre-raid, when i look to the "normal" tab the bis item has a score of 1426 (arcane) which is lower. Can you add the gear from pre-raid with higher stats to the normal/heroic/mythic fields?

Not to put a downer on things but wouldn't just using AMR be easier? It already finds your BiS and allows you to choose from various different settings for gear (crafted, specific tiers, between x/y item level, etc), with preset or your own stat weights, and already has Warforged, sockets, etc.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-10-12 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Not to put a downer on things but wouldn't just using AMR, a tool that already does this and allows you to choose from various different settings for gear (crafted, specific tiers, between x/y item level, etc) and your own stat weights, and already has Warforged, sockets, etc... be easier?
    The issue is, AMR doesn't let you compare drops amongst each other. Also if you remember, AMR BiS list was completely broken making you take your 4set when .... well we all know how that went!

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    The issue is, AMR doesn't let you compare drops amongst each other. Also if you remember, AMR BiS list was completely broken making you take your 4set when .... well we all know how that went!
    What do you mean comparing drops? You can compare what you have in your bags or future upgrades. Though the 4set part is valid I guess, but you can un-tick if you already know how good or bad it is, or just don't want it.

Deleted
    What I mean with comparing drops, is comparing the value of what dropped for your spec, with it's value for someone else

What you guys do for the community is amazing. Thanks so much.

Thank you all for the good and constructive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpat View Post
    1: For the pre-raid Bis list a fire/arcane mage should have the legendary ring non-upgraded and upgraded. Is it even possible to get 2 legendary rings? And if that's possible can you equip 2 of the same rings? Or can you get 2 rings, 1 not upgraded and 1 upgraded and equip this together?
    No, you are absolutely right: you can not equip two different (and also not two identical just to be clear) versions of the legend ring. I thought about this too, when I implemented the rules who are filling the cells with the highest gearscore with a certain color: obviously even the 640 ilvl one is better than most of the HC Dungeon Rings, and the 670 ilvl one is by far better! So in most cases these two are the highest ranked item for this slot. I looked for a workaround to fix this issue in Excel, telling it to not color one cell when the other legend ring is already colored, but the problem is a) there is probably no fix in Excel for this (maybe with VBA macros) and b) we don't know what version of the legend ring you have. So all I can advice is: look at the version of the legend ring you have and then take the next non legend ring with the highest gearscore.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpat View Post
    2: The upgraded legendary ring pre-raid has a 1648 score (arcane) in pre-raid, when i look to the "normal" tab the bis item has a score of 1426 (arcane) which is lower. Can you add the gear from pre-raid with higher stats to the normal/heroic/mythic fields?
    We don't want to add items to the raid sheets (Normal / Heroic / Mythic) if they can be obtained pre-raid. As of right now (looking at the legend quest on WoD Wowhead) you do not need to go in a raid to get the 670 ilvl version of this ring. To help you pick the right gear and without comparing all the 4 sheets by yourself: take a look at the Gear Upgrade Path tab. It's purpose is exactly a problem like yours: comparing each Item from a previous raid difficulty or even from the HC Dungeons or crafted gear (Pre-Raid) to evaluate when to upgrade! If you want to replace the 640 ilvl version of the legend ring, you need atleast a ring from a raid (ilvl 655+); and for the 670 ilvl version you need one of the two mythic rings from Blackrock Foundry (ilvl 695).
    Last edited by Ratok; 2014-10-12 at 12:04 PM.

Thank you for this. Amazing work.

What I mean with comparing drops, is comparing the value of what dropped for your spec, with it's value for someone else
    Like the RoboCouncil? That can workout who the items are best for.

Deleted
    Yea but you are then placing your trust on a tool that decides who the items are best for. Our tool let's you edit weights according to what you believe is correct and then use your own judging abilities to decide. A.k.a not taking what another tool tells you is best for granted.

Yea but you are then placing your trust on a tool that decides who the items are best for. Our tool let's you edit weights according to what you believe is correct and then use your own judging abilities to decide. A.k.a not taking what another tool tells you is best for granted.
    You can use your own judgement with AMR just as much as you can with this tool; that's not really a reason to use one over the other. Editing weights for each individual raid member, if that's how it works, I can see being decent though, but not sure I'd warrant re-making a tool just for it. You can't edit the weights of each individual member in RoboCouncil but it does offer the common default ones for each spec.