Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Try to level in the water zone from cataclysm, can't spell the damned thing, and you will realise how annoying it can be when you aren't a ranged character since as melee things feel really wonky
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Sounds impossible to balance, especially with regard to druids and flight form.

A battle area for 3D fights can be a nice feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Try to level in the water zone from cataclysm, can't spell the damned thing, and you will realise how annoying it can be when you aren't a ranged character since as melee things feel really wonky
    well, some melee classes had a way around the awkward positioning problems underwater, mainly warrior (just charge in and hack away) and DK (just grab n slap).

Dunno bout other classes, but I don't really wanna imagine an underwater flying kick from a monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I have levelled Feral Druid, Enhancement Shaman and Fury Warrior through Vashj'ir, and I cannot recognise any problem with it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The idea sounds cool, but I think it would lack in popularity. For example, it could be apart of Skywall somewhere. Its fun to think about.

I would much rather have Blizzard focus on things that can feasibly done well. Free-flying combat (or something like rail shooting) will always be poor in this game. The former because of the fundamentals of combat, and the latter because of technical issues.

I'd love this, but I'd like it to be a complete overhaul which the WoW engine might not be capable of.

For example, your cam is locked on to the target and the mount automatically moves forward, and you use special attacks, speed boosts and barrel rolls etc It would be fast paced and not as clunky as dull as the argent tournament jousting thing was

Quote Originally Posted by hornyphiltrum View Post
    Considering there is a plethora of mounts available it could help bring more life into a game that is leaking subs. I imagine a mounted dragon vs mounted dragon battleground or even a dragon on rails combat like swtor has for its spaceships. It would be neat imo. I havent played swtor since they made their f'dup paying scheme and don't plan on it ever.
    Sounds wonderful but the gameplay will probably be difficult to make it fun. Your sense of perception is greatly reduced because you do not have the ground to reference from. Judging where an enemy is will be a pain. The probably did implement a conceptual prototype, play tested it internally and found it a nightmare and scrapped idea.

It is one of those that sounds great on paper but really terrible in reality.