Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    So...about overclocking. Is that recommended to do if you're not very familiar with all the stuff? In other words, is it easy to read up on and do it?
    Also, if I would do that, does that mean I would need a better cooler and all that? Or would you recommend to just immediately overclock it.

Also, as far as I can tell that motherboard you linked doesn't have wi-fi in itself right?
    http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/produ...-WiFi-adapteri
    Would something like that be fine for my purposes?

I could put a wired-connection, but it's in a super annoying position and would take a lot of effort to get it to my pc without being dragged over the floor.
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2014-10-22 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Overclocking with the newer Intel hardware is pretty straight forward, and can be learned after reading up a bit. Do be careful with it at first and do not go balls to the wall off the bat. Also, Kost put a cooler in that build for you that will be able to handle some overclocking with ease. If you want something bigger/better, you could get it, but will spend a good ~€50 extra to get the best (air) cooler.

If you have to have wireless, you would need to add a wireless card for that MB. I cannot attest to any of the wireless devices though, so someone else should be able to recommend something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Overclocking with the newer Intel hardware is pretty straight forward, and can be learned after reading up a bit. Do be careful with it at first and do not go balls to the wall off the bat. Also, Kost put a cooler in that build for you that will be able to handle some overclocking with ease. If you want something bigger/better, you could get it, but will spend a good ~€50 extra to get the best (air) cooler.

If you have to have wireless, you would need to add a wireless card for that MB. I cannot attest to any of the wireless devices though, so someone else should be able to recommend something.
    Awesome! Then I might actually go for the suggested PC!

Thanks so much for the help! Especially Kostattoo!
    I'm assuming constructing it is as easy as it was like 12 years ago?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Awesome! Then I might actually go for the suggested PC!

Thanks so much for the help! Especially Kostattoo!
    I'm assuming constructing it is as easy as it was like 12 years ago?
    Easier honestly
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Easier honestly
    It really is. When I built my first computer in about '93, it was quite a bit more difficult than it is now. It seems to get easier and easier as better ways to mount things, more compatible parts and whatnot.

If you can do legos, you can build a computer. (be sure to follow instructions in the manuals though ha!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    It really is. When I built my first computer in about '93, it was quite a bit more difficult than it is now. It seems to get easier and easier as better ways to mount things, more compatible parts and whatnot.

If you can do legos, you can build a computer. (be sure to follow instructions in the manuals though ha!)
    Heya!

Just wanted to order, but some things are now out of stock!
    For the SSD...I saw you selected the desktop kit, which contains parts to put it into a desktop...but now it's out of stock. If I order the basic version...is that still possible to put it in the desktop?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Heya!

Just wanted to order, but some things are now out of stock!
    For the SSD...I saw you selected the desktop kit, which contains parts to put it into a desktop...but now it's out of stock. If I order the basic version...is that still possible to put it in the desktop?
    Depending on the case it will have SSD kits for it. If the case doesn't, then it really doesn't matter where it goes since it doesn't have a disk like the HDD. You can just lay it in the bottom of the case or even velcro it to the back panel or side panel or anywhere really. If you ended up going with the R2 like in the post suggestion, it supposedly has 2 spaces for it behind the motherboard plate. Other cases would have an adapter kit to go into the HDD bay or some other place.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Damn, so much stuff out of stock already after a couple of days!
    Ordered it now though! Had to buy Kingston HyperX Genesis 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) instead of the Low Profile Corsair vengeance RAM.

Looking forward! Thanks again for all the help!
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2014-10-26 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Bought it all! And assembled it all! And played Elite Dangerous on the Rift...and it was absolutely amazing! Thanks a lot for the help!
    Putting it together was quite a challenge (I didn't dare to touch anything), but in the end I managed (took a while though :P).

However, there's one problem. I installed windows 8 on the SSD and that works perfectly (it didn't recognize any internet though, but I solved that by downloading drivers through my other computer and installing them on this one).

However, it doesn't recognize the 1TB HDD. Or at least it's not in 'my computer', but I THINK that I did have the option to install windows on it, but I'm not sure about that. What could be wrong?

The HHD had several sockets. I connected one of the L-shaped sockets to the PSU, and one to the motherboard. However, it still has a socket left (squarish rectangle with 3 or 4 pins in it)...is that something I should connect somewhere? I don't have a cable for it as far as I could find.
    Could it be some kind of a master/slave thingy?

Thanks!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the HDD is brand new, a partition probably needs to be made for the HDD.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tion=windows-7

It should very well show up in that menu. Check back if it doesn't. Other ways to go about doing it but I'd rather not bother finding good instructions and unloading them on you just yet.

And no those other pins are probably for the older molex connectors (or possibly jumper pins). Useless with new PSUs.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-11-06 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    If the HDD is brand new, a partition probably needs to be made for the HDD.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tion=windows-7

It should very well show up in that menu. Check back if it doesn't. Other ways to go about doing it but I'd rather not bother finding good instructions and unloading them on you just yet.

And no those other pins are probably for the older molex connectors (or possibly jumper pins). Useless with new PSUs.
    <3

Worked! Took about 3 seconds! Thanks a lot!
    Time for some more virtual reality awesomeness! Thanks for taking all the time and pointing me in the right direction with everything!

Deleted
    Don't forget to take some photo's of your rig when you got time and post them to the respective thread