Poll: Have you ever been the victim of heightism?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I'm too tall for most cars. Does this discriminate against me?

Also, too tall to be an astronaut i heard.

I was 195cm last time i had my height measured about 8 years ago at 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Oh my god, most presidents were taller then the counterparts; that means tall people=better!
    Point wasn't that taller people are better, but that there's a clear bias in the way height plays a role in the overall perception of someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Yes. From my own parents mostly, who are a pair of heckling, selfish and passive-aggressive hyenas.
    They constantly felt the need to criticize every single aspect of my physical appearance.

Deleted
    Uhm, no?
    /10chars

Deleted
    My older brother used to call me "little boy" for years despite being a few cm's shorter

While there's some evidence for overarching subtle biases in favor of tall people, I've never personally felt any real disadvantage from being shortish (I'm 5'8"). There have almost certainly been women that would've been attracted to me if I was taller, but that's not really "discrimination" in any meaningful sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While there's some evidence for overarching subtle biases in favor of tall people, I've never personally felt any real disadvantage from being shortish (I'm 5'8"). There have almost certainly been women that would've been attracted to me if I was taller, but that's not really "discrimination" in any meaningful sense.
    Natural selection.