Deleted

Server transfer, how to spent exceeding 50k from gold cap?

I'm moving from Outland to Sylvanas [EU], and I currently have 50k too much, that I cannot transfer with me due to the gold cap. Any tips to what I could invest in, that I can easily sell on the new server. If someone has a tip to how I could even make more money with the transfer, let me know

Maybe TCG pets/raid drop pets?

Pick one and compare prices to the other server?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Maybe TCG pets/raid drop pets?

Pick one and compare prices to the other server?
    Yes, def. make sure to check prices. It would suck to buy something on the high on your server and end up being unable to sell it at nearly the same price

every year at Christmas time i give away 1 gold to each person who comes from the trade chat promotions i do for 1 free gold per person... try something like that if you have a population... other then that get mounts?
    buy everything you can that stacks and is worth money from your ah that is worth money on the new server ah that way you can get some of ur loss back when you sell it on the new server..? (things like potions and stuff might sell well in a month or two...)

Just level a guild to 2 and store excess gold in the guild bank.

Deleted
    Use a bank guild and guild transfer. No limits there.

Ofc it'd require you to shell out 10 (or 5?) additional euros, since guild transfers are more expensive than char transfers iirc.

Check both servers for something you can invest in, especially if you can buy it lower on your server, you can actually end up making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Just level a guild to 2 and store excess gold in the guild bank.
    This. Just transfer the guild instead of a single character.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    And spend $35? He could probably get 50k gold from buying tcg stuff worth that much instead and still have his 50k on the previous realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    You can tell who in this thread still lives at home with a mom that pays for everything.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-10-02 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    You can tell who in this thread still lives at home with a mom that pays for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    And spend $35? He could probably get 50k gold from buying tcg stuff worth that much instead and still have his 50k on the previous realm.
    If 10 additional USD/Euro/whatever (normal transfer is 25) is hurting you that much then sure, change your gold into items or something else.

Deleted
    50k isn't a great deal, not worth using guild transfer. Buy a mount or few really popular pets.

Alternatively just spend it or keep it on old server, you can always move it across with battlepets.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the OP: you won't be able to play on either realm anyways with the expansion's launch and the next months after that, except if you can sit in a qeue for houres ?
    Why move from an overpopulated realm to another overpopulated one.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    50k isn't a great deal, not worth using guild transfer. Buy a mount or few really popular pets.

Alternatively just spend it or keep it on old server, you can always move it across with battlepets.
    This is imo the best answer.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Trade 50k for a server transfer/gifted bnet currency. I would only do business with close friends though.