Poll: Is your limit enforced?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm with BT Infinity, no cap and around 80mb connection.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    No, it simply no longer exists. Apparently they're just lazy and haven't updated their site. They dropped the cap in nearly all areas 2.5 years ago: http://thehill.com/policy/technology...ox-controversy
    http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...a-usage-trials

Updated 9/22/14. Hmmmmm. Yeah it still exists.

No cap here. Verizon FiOS, 50 Mbps up/down.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...a-usage-trials

Updated 9/22/14. Hmmmmm. Yeah it still exists.
    It doesn't take much effort to read the first sentence in your link.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Yup, 320GB/month and every GB after that is $.50. /sigh
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

It doesn't take much effort to read the first sentence in your link.
    It also doesn't take much effort to read my post. No where in there did I disagree with you.

That being said they WILL expand it when they feel it won't get HUGE backlash.

No cap with Charter in St. Louis, and they recently just increased our speed from 30mb to 100mb for no additional charge!

10+ Year Old Account
    Comcast has no caps in the vast majority of areas. It's not that they're not enforcing them with you, they simply don't exist in the first place.
    Have Comcast. Have a 300gig a month cap. Don't remember how much it is when you go over. I think its 10 bucks more for the first 50 gig you go over and then a dollar per gig after that.

That being said, I've only gone over it once when i got my new PC and had to redownload all my games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd change ISP instantly if bandwidth caps were introduced. I'm happy there's actual competition over here so bandwidth caps are extremely rare (I think a few 3G/4G subscriptions meant for phones do have them)

Personally I have 100/100 mbps wired connection, no cap, and a 50/10 mbps (I think, it often hovers between 40-70 mbps down and 5-20 mbps up) 4G connection for my phone, no cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 300GB cap on Cox cable, but it's not really enforced. No charges, just a few "you better not do that anymore!" letters or emails which end up going nowhere. I've consistently been at 310-350GB per month for at least a year now since I began streaming and I've never been charged or had any penalties.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPC in Ireland we have a 500GB fair usage crap but they never complain
    my last 6 months usage

There is an option to get unlimited bandwidth but you have to buy a business plan. I'm pretty sure that all of comcasts business plans are unlimited but as others have said, and as their own website says, the bandwidth cap isn't being enforced. I was talking to a customer support agent when I first signed up for comcast a few months ago and they said that they had no idea what I was talking about when asking about the data cap not being enforced (despite me linking them the exact page that said it).

Deleted
    ~50U/5D connection, no caps.
    The good thing about companies not having monopolies on stuff like this.

I was on a 500gb cap before getting fibre (100/40) installed, now i'm on 'unlimited' which I think comes with a warning/maybe throttled at 1tb, so not really unlimited. I use around 700gb a month.

I live in the middle of the woods.

10m down, 1m up. No cap.

May not be the best, but is better than the dial-up I had before it.

I didnt know there was places that still had caps. I live in backwoods USA with 100d/50u no limit.

25 GB a month. $3.00 per GB over that ><

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I didnt know there was places that still had caps. I live in backwoods USA with 100d/50u no limit.
    That is in no way considered backwoods. Backwoods is dial up.

Comcast 30/6 in Utah.
    No bandwidth cap here. The second they enforce it, I'm switching to Google Fiber. Only reason I don't have Google Fiber already is I pay $10 for my internet because of the HOA and im a cheap bastard.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Supposedly it's 250GB with my 25mbit plan at Shaw, but I've never come close to that number. Even if I did, they won't do jack shit about it unless you're flagrantly exceeding the limit at which point all they do is send you a note to calm down. Repeat abuse might get a "stern talking to."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.