Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Unless you're very serious you should just play whatever you like the most. You'll probably perform best with what you enjoy. The simulation graphs can be a bit misleading because the numbers are somewhat similar in the middle, so it's not like Assassin is thousands of DPS behind combat and Sub

Recently got a Lucky Double Sided Coin and switched back from Combat to Assas, dam that trinket is so broken, my DPS went up like 3k on the combat dummy by equiping that thing.

Combat is definetly a strong spec but its retardedly slow I cant play that crap like it is right now. I hate sub and its positional requirements and bleed dots that fast foward whenever they please so I dont plan on touching the spec unless someone proves to me it realy is super far ahead, so far its been only a small bit ahead at best (wich is kinda sad cause it means rogues are definetly on the botton of the DPS pack, no spec saves us).
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-11-27 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keklord View Post
    Is Assa even worth practicing for? I'm a fresh rogue and Assa is the only spec I REALLY have fun with. I'm planning to raid so I'm not sure if I should just give up with it.
    Always a good idea. Who knows, execute damage could be really important somewhere down the line; the spec is hardly a poor choice output wise except for sustained AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    Youre aware that sub pulls ahead on aoe at 6+mobs and doesnt leave that much behind when there is less mobs and they last longer than Killing Spree? Im running sub and combat for pve. Combat just because aoe is one button wonder and its easy enough to play asleep when farming for HCWFsocket-stuff.

So i disagree with your "affording" part.
    Sub doesn't pull away on 6 mobs, it doesn't pull away on 8 mobs, hell I pushed sims up to 12 targets and combat is still about 20% ahead. Additionally, this is assuming sub is getting full benefit from it's AoE which in reality doesn't happen. Combat's only limiting factor to it's AoE is that you might overkill a mob; you also have it immediately, there's no delay and you can immediately switch out again.

The issue with Sub's AoE is that it's back end DoT based and the perk is limited in benefit up to 10 mobs (unlikely to mean much, but it's still a thing).
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Always a good idea
    (to practice another spec)

This is why I'd really like to have triple-spec instead of only dual spec. I understand that for other classes it doesn't make that much sense since very few folks want to dps, tank and heal on the same character in the same raid tier, but for pure dps classes, it actually makes a lot of sense to have all of your dps specs available so you could choose the best for every fight.

Deleted
    What about combat rogues with enchants on weaposn? What are we lookign at running? Is the new buffed haste enchant good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    What about combat rogues with enchants on weaposn? What are we lookign at running? Is the new buffed haste enchant good?
    For some reason shadowcraft tells me that the new haste one isn't ahead of the mark of the shattered hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    For some reason shadowcraft tells me that the new haste one isn't ahead of the mark of the shattered hand.
    At the moment MotSH is really good, damage enchants tend shine at lower gear levels. As your gear gets better it will contribute a smaller margin to your total damage and that's when those large stat procs begin to improve and eventually surpass as they provide a larger benefit to your total damage output.

Also, unless you've managed to pick up a 695 weapon from the BMAH, I wouldn't bother spending such a huge amount of money on the stat-proc enchants anyway, it's not worth it. You're going to (hopefully) replace those 630/636/640 weapons quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffah View Post
    I realize that we are better off at 630 and 695, but damn, the simulationcraft results at 665 are disheartening

Please don't tell me this is real. An Ele Sham doing more than all 3 specs of Rogue?

If it's any consolation, we have some of the best mobility tools in the game as well a 60 second cloak, cheat death/elusivness/feint that will allow you to ignore mechanics that would otherwise potentially cost you several seconds of uptime.

Additionally, the profiles listed here perform better than the ones being shown there and finally, we're really not that far off from the lower upper section of this list, I mean it's like 3% off of balance druids.

Also, rogues are cool, owl mutants are not.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Optimized DfA support.

Code:
    rogue="Rogue_Combat_T17M"
    level=100
    race=blood_elf
    role=attack
    position=back
    talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#cZ!2000012
    glyphs=energy/disappearance
    spec=combat

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_agility_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=frosty_stew
    actions.precombat+=/apply_poison,lethal=deadly
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_agility
    actions.precombat+=/stealth
    actions.precombat+=/marked_for_death
    actions.precombat+=/slice_and_dice,if=talent.marked_for_death.enabled

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=potion,name=draenic_agility,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<40|(buff.adrenaline_rush.up&buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.up)
    actions+=/kick
    actions+=/preparation,if=!buff.vanish.up&cooldown.vanish.remains>30
    actions+=/use_item,slot=trinket2
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=energy<60
    actions+=/blade_flurry,if=(active_enemies>=2&!buff.blade_flurry.up)|(active_enemies<2&buff.blade_flurry.up)
    actions+=/shadow_reflection,if=(cooldown.killing_spree.remains<10&combo_points>3)|buff.adrenaline_rush.up
    actions+=/ambush
    actions+=/vanish,if=time>10&(combo_points<=3|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges<3)|(combo_points<4|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges<4)))&((talent.shadow_focus.enabled&buff.adrenaline_rush.down&energy<60)|(talent.subterfuge.enabled&energy>=90)|(!talent.shadow_focus.enabled&!talent.subterfuge.enabled&energy>=60))
    actions+=/slice_and_dice,if=buff.slice_and_dice.remains<2|(target.time_to_die>45&combo_points=5&buff.slice_and_dice.remains<10.8)
    actions+=/killing_spree,if=(energy<40|(buff.bloodlust.up&time<10)|buff.bloodlust.remains>20)&buff.adrenaline_rush.down&(!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled|cooldown.shadow_reflection.remains>30|buff.shadow_reflection.remains>3)&!time_to_die<44|(time_to_die<44&(buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.remains>3|buff.deep_insight.remains>3|buff.meaty_dragonspine_trophy.remains>3|buff.lubdub.remains>3|time_to_die<4))
    actions+=/adrenaline_rush,if=(energy<35|buff.bloodlust.up)&cooldown.killing_spree.remains>10&!time_to_die<44|(time_to_die<44&(buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.remains>buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.duration*0.8|buff.deep_insight.remains>buff.deep_insight.duration*0.8|buff.meaty_dragonspine_trophy.remains>buff.meaty_dragonspine_trophy.duration*0.8|buff.lubdub.remains>buff.lubdub.duration*0.8|time_to_die<4))
    actions+=/marked_for_death,if=combo_points<=1&dot.revealing_strike.ticking&(!talent.shadow_reflection.enabled|buff.shadow_reflection.up|cooldown.shadow_reflection.remains>30)
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=generator,if=combo_points<5|!dot.revealing_strike.ticking|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges<=4&buff.deep_insight.down)
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=finisher,if=combo_points=5&dot.revealing_strike.ticking&(buff.deep_insight.up|!talent.anticipation.enabled|(talent.anticipation.enabled&anticipation_charges>=4))

actions.finisher+=/pool_resource,for_next=1
    actions.finisher+=/death_from_above
    actions.finisher+=/crimson_tempest,if=active_enemies>6&remains<2
    actions.finisher+=/crimson_tempest,if=active_enemies>8
    actions.finisher+=/eviscerate

actions.generator+=/revealing_strike,if=(combo_points=4&dot.revealing_strike.remains<7.2&(target.time_to_die>dot.revealing_strike.remains+7.2)|(target.time_to_die<dot.revealing_strike.remains+7.2&ticks_remain<2))|!ticking
    actions.generator+=/sinister_strike,if=dot.revealing_strike.ticking

head=sorkas_nightshade_cowl,id=113978,bonus_id=567
    neck=darklight_necklace,id=113865,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_haste
    shoulders=poisoners_spaulders,id=115574,bonus_id=567
    back=drape_of_the_dark_hunt,id=113971,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_haste
    chest=poisoners_tunic,id=115570,bonus_id=567
    wrists=bracers_of_shattered_stalactites,id=113935,bonus_id=567
    hands=poisoners_gloves,id=115571,bonus_id=567
    waist=girdle_of_unconquered_glory,id=113907,bonus_id=567
    legs=poisoners_legguards,id=115573,bonus_id=567
    feet=furnace_tenders_treads,id=113895,bonus_id=567
    finger1=spellbound_runic_band_of_unrelenting_slaughter,id=118307,enchant=gift_of_haste
    finger2=unexploded_explosive_shard,id=113877,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_haste
    trinket1=meaty_dragonspine_trophy,id=118114,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=beating_heart_of_the_mountain,id=113931,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=hansgars_forgehammer,id=113897,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_warsong
    off_hand=hansgars_forgehammer,id=113897,bonus_id=567,enchant=mark_of_warsong
    37551 dps (default is 37079 dps for me, not sure how you got 40k+ for combat)

DfA now is 500 more Dps than Venom Rush (Lemon Zest) single target...

submit bug reports so they fix ruthlessness pls... (using DfA -> Evi very fast only gives 10s CD reduction instead of the intended 20)
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2014-11-28 at 06:28 PM.

Has Combat changed from SoO? I played it in dungeons the other day and around 2-3 mobs I'd do 15k or so then once I use KS and AR I'd blow up to 40k. I'm assuming Combat still heavily revolves around its CDs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post

37551 dps (default is 37079 dps for me, not sure how you got 40k+ for combat)
    I'm getting 39K as Sub using the exact same APL on the first page, thought that maybe my SimC had something wrong again... But I'm not alone apparently.

I personally find it depressing to see Feral Druids ahead of Rogues (all specs).

Deleted
    It's not just ferals. We're bottom. Every single class has a spec above us on simcraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    That data is for a Patchwerk styled fight, yeah?...
    ... I hope?...

Deleted
    Ruthlessness (energy return/CDR) does have a 800ms ICD that could plausibly trigger in some cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    Ruthlessness (energy return/CDR) does have a 800ms ICD that could plausibly trigger in some cases.
    Is this behaviour modeled in simcraft though?

The way I see it, it's implemented ingame badly then. The DfA Eviscerate fires at the very end of the animation and I have to sit and wait 800ms to do anything other than SnD because I'm sitting at 5CP and have to sit through the Ruthlessness ICD.

Edit:

I tested VR and DfA via SimC in multitarget situations and found that:
    DfA is ahead single target.
    VR is ahead 2-4 Targets.
    DfA is ahead 5-10 Targets.
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2014-11-29 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Simc implements the ICD on Ruthlessness Energy/CDR.

Simc does not grant energy or CDR on the initial DFA execution, only on the Eviscerate at the end. Energy return is not flagged as affected by any DfA ability, so that's out, and someone (much earlier) said that CDR does not occur with DFA either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    Simc does not grant energy or CDR on the initial DFA execution, only on the Eviscerate at the end. Energy return is not flagged as affected by any DfA ability, so that's out, and someone (much earlier) said that CDR does not occur with DFA either.
    I tried simming with 3 targets, which should yield 5 CP on every DfA execute, according to the ingame observation of 2+num_of_targets.
    However, I only got 1 CP after every DfA cast, therefore it's not implemented reflecting the ingame mechanics. (I used release 13)

But let's assume it worked and I got 5 CP after using DfA - how do I implement a wait after that? Through a sequence?
    If that is the case I would really appreciate a working sample sequence which I could in turn modify to work with DfA, because the last time I tried to work with sequences I was not able to write one which could be translated to proper machine code via simC.

Edit:
    taken from Sample Sequence table log:
    Code:
    0:34.472		death_from_above		Fluffy_Pillow		 67.8 energy | 5.0 combo_points		bloodlust, slice_and_dice
    0:36.478		Waiting		0.300 sec		 44.7 energy | 1.0 combo_points		bloodlust, slice_and_dice
    I expected 5CP (3 Target sim)

Edit2:

Code:
    actions.finisher+=/eviscerate,if=!cooldown.ruthlessness.up
    This should work
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2014-11-30 at 05:54 PM.

Looking at trinket ratings, did the conq trinket get nerfed/displaying wrong values in game ?
    Or does it have such a high value simply because we can cover entire SD/Deep Insight with it ?