Deleted
    Hello Theorycrafters,

I have a question, did the recent changes to races change anything? Undead racial was buffed for 100% but i dont think that it will pass bloodelf now or am i mistaken?

I'm actually super-curious to start to see dps-sims from Legion to even try to conceptualise what spec Artifact we want to level first, and have some concept of what spec we're even likely to be raiding as.

Thus, let us pray that our theorycrafting friends get in to the Beta.

We will see once Beta start

I'm seeing a further simmed DPS increase by changing the OH to Mark Of The Thunderlord. Thoughts?

On default or your profile ?

Maybe because you don't have a lot of crit and you have a lot of MS/Mast.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    On default or your profile ?

Maybe because you don't have a lot of crit and you have a lot of MS/Mast.
    Using the default priority list but the gear list you've used in your sims. And also in my own profile.

Edit: Turns out I was using the latest build that was available on the site. I just redid it and can confirm.

- - - Updated - - -

Further to this, after testing it out last night and reading some comments on Wowhead that Thunderlord doesn't proc on absorbed damage, I'm seeing that whilst Thunderlord refreshes during a Soul Cap from crits, it does not proc during it. Obviously I've only had a very short sample size and there is no way to filter by enchants in Warcraftlogs (since they're buffs procced by the environment, not a player) to further test, but I'm somewhat confident this is the case. I wonder if Simcraft is programmed with this in mind.

On one hand this can be a boon if it procs (like it did in my case) prior to Soul Cap on the opener, then it won't needlessly reproc during Soul Cap (because it can refresh for a further 6 seconds with crits), on the other, if Soul Cap procs first, then its a big nerf to your opener. That said, in the random smattering of logs I've seen, I've not seen a weapon enchant proc after soul cap on an opener. In general though, it means a lucky streak of Soul Craps is somewhat mutually exclusive with a lucky streak of Thunderlord procs.

- - - Updated - - -

I just did a quick test with Simcraft using the debug logs on a single iteration and I see that Simcraft allows Thunderlord to proc during Soul Cap. I guess this could invalidate the findings.
    Last edited by Riverr; 2015-12-03 at 03:26 AM.

Great job mate

Also, I will check the issue.

Were you able to confirm the results of the Thunderlord enchant?

Deleted
    Was wondering if somebody could check these Sub results I've been getting. Currently my stat weights are:

MS: 0.56
    Vers: 0.53
    Haste: 0.52
    Crit: 0.51
    Mastery: 0.46

I'm aware of the whole haste/mastery scaling thing, what I don't understand is how versatility shot up to second place. My character is Oromiselda-Khadgar EU, currently have 727. I pretty much have a complete set of HC BiS gear(except for a crafted cloak, gemmed OH and Mythic dungeon pants) with full valor upgrades. Fight length: 420 seconds, vary length: 20%, iterations: 10k, style: Patchwerk.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Oromiselda/
    Last edited by mmoc837b538ece; 2015-12-09 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oromiseldaa View Post
    Was wondering if somebody could check these Sub results I've been getting. Currently my stat weights are:

MS: 0.56
    Vers: 0.53
    Haste: 0.52
    Crit: 0.51
    Mastery: 0.46

I'm aware of the whole haste/mastery scaling thing, what I don't understand is how versatility shot up to second place. My character is Oromiselda-Khadgar EU, currently have 727. I pretty much have a complete set of HC BiS gear(except for a crafted cloak, gemmed OH and Mythic dungeon pants) with full valor upgrades. Fight length: 420 seconds, vary length: 20%, iterations: 10k, style: Patchwerk.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Oromiselda/
    Versa isn't as bad as it seems, especially as your ilvl creeps, straight % increases to your damage gain more value.

For reference, if I run your link through the latest Simcraft build (623-01) from the official website, I get the below:

<metric name="Oromiselda_Active Damage Per Second (Effective)">
    <weights>
    <stat name="Wdps" value="18.01" normalized="1.19" scaling_error="0.00" delta="0"/>
    <stat name="Agi" value="15.09" normalized="1.00" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="AP" value="11.99" normalized="0.79" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="Mult" value="8.82" normalized="0.58" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="Haste" value="7.66" normalized="0.51" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="Vers" value="7.65" normalized="0.51" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="Crit" value="7.49" normalized="0.50" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="Mastery" value="6.97" normalized="0.46" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <stat name="WOHdps" value="2.16" normalized="0.14" scaling_error="0.00" delta="315"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Wdps" index="0"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Agi" index="1" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="AP" index="2" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Mult" index="3" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Haste" index="4" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Vers" index="5" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Crit" index="6" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="Mastery" index="7" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    <scaling_stat name="WOHdps" index="8" relative_to_previous="&gt;"/>
    </weights>

Hello,
    I am curious with the gear upgrades now ,
    For assassination , is there any mastery break point or so ? in terms of like after X mastery we should try use some multistrike gems or enchants ?

Sorry if it's been answered before (probably has). :/

What is the best trinket combo for aoe fights for combat (1st boss, xhul, iskar)? I use sub on other bosses and I know Soul Capacitor and Archi trinket are best for it.

Thanks

HFA: Class trinket + Soul Cap
    Iskar: Class trinket + Mirror
    Xhul: Class trinket + Soul Cap

Mirror is consistent on Xhul for helping to kill the adds, but if your group doesn't need extra help, Soul Cap is good too and will probably provide better dps.

M Manno: Class + Soul Cap

Just need to be mindful of Soul Cap proc when the imps are up and make on-the-fly decisions whether to cancel it (if there's a risk imps won't die in time otherwise) or not.
    Blademaster is not great there, mainly because imps come every 50 sec and trinket CD is 1 min.

Quote Originally Posted by smek View Post
    Sorry if it's been answered before (probably has). :/

What is the best trinket combo for aoe fights for combat (1st boss, xhul, iskar)? I use sub on other bosses and I know Soul Capacitor and Archi trinket are best for it.

Thanks
    Depending on your guild also consider running Sub for Xhul & Manno as an option.

If you're strong on cleave classes / have quick kill times then Sub might be a better spec for those two, and is viable for progress depending on your raid comp.

Thanks for help guys

Is it just me or is Shadowcraft bugged when it comes to trinket DPS list? I refuse to believe that the situation presented on the picture below is accurate. I was and I'm still under the impression that Class Trinket + Soul Cap for ST and Class Trinket + Mirror were the best trinket combos out there for our Sub rogues.

Normal Toxin > Mythic trinket dung? The loss of ~350 agi stings like a motherfucker. Is normal toxin + cap better than cap + mythic dung?

Quo Vadis, Shadowcraft?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2016-01-21 at 01:53 PM.

It's just not super good at handling procs and proc stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    We will see once Beta start
    Have fun calculating which artifact gems are best to use >_>

BHTV & Soul Capacitor are BiS even on AoE fight inside HfC.
    The only case I see the council one better is in area where your iLvl is scaled down.

About the class trinket, it is a bit behind an Heroic SC on Demon fight. SC is so good with Sub because of our burst.

---

About the Beta, it will be like always. There is hundred of combinations but it will end with 1-5 combinations for each case that are unbeatable, it's just a matter of time until we found it.
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.