Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    No.
    Cool thanks.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Instead of Agi/Stam flasks, Mastery+Armor Elixirs seem to be much better. Not sure if intended, but the Armor Elixirs count as bonus armor. Also note that the cataclysm armor elixirs scale higher than the MoP ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the rotation for bears looking like right now? Mangle > Thrash > Lacerate or Mangle > Lacerate > Thrash?

Kinda confused as to whether I should put up one lacerate then thrash, or thrash and then do lacerate

You only trash to refresh the buff or on >1 target.
    Every other time keep pressing lacerate until you can mangle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    What's the rotation for bears looking like right now? Mangle > Thrash > Lacerate or Mangle > Lacerate > Thrash?

Kinda confused as to whether I should put up one lacerate then thrash, or thrash and then do lacerate
    Lacerate generates 2 rage, and then allows you to get MS stacks. Trash generates 1 rage, then an extra 1 rage per.. 1-2 seconds? Even if its one, it takes Thrash 2 entire seconds to generate 2 rage, wheras Lacerate generates 2 rage per GCD. So, for min-maxing, you will want to make sure Lacerate is up before Thrash on single target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Lacerate generates 2 rage, and then allows you to get MS stacks. Trash generates 1 rage, then an extra 1 rage per.. 1-2 seconds? Even if its one, it takes Thrash 2 entire seconds to generate 2 rage, wheras Lacerate generates 2 rage per GCD. So, for min-maxing, you will want to make sure Lacerate is up before Thrash on single target.
    Okay I was just curious. I wasn't sure due to the fact that you only had one stack of Thrash vs 3 of lacerate.

What are the BiS trinkets now? The IJ trinket has bonus armor but no DPS proc, is it still worth it? I'm guessing TED is a solid one with the mastery and the agility proc. Mainly looking from a DPS pov.

I was told the IJ trinket is bad due to the no proc (its basically just a little mitigation + 100~AP depending on ilvl.
    Was recommended to me to use TED and Harommns... and atm I dont have a TED, so decided to go back to my CDR tank trinket... 200k hp yay! >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rocking TED and Haroom's atm, but how SoO is right now you could just close your eyes and pick a couple trinks and be good to go
    Victoria Aut Mors

Speaking of trinkets, is it just me or is the Vial only reducing cds on 3 abilities now (Berserk, Barkskin & Stampeding Roar)?
    Tried to check changelog for the tooltip on wowhead, but it's as useless as the trinket tooltip itself (which still claims to reduce cooldowns for 6 abilities, 2 of which have been removed) --> the 4th one I didn't mention is Survival Instinct, which doesn't seem to be affected by the trinket, unless the tooltip is incorrect & misleading?
    Additionally... while Berserk & Barkskin do have their cds reduced properly, Stampeding roar is only losing 0.03 sec from the 2min cd with 588wf version. *confusedbear*

my crappy 556 normal version of vial is doing:

stampeding from 2min to 1.67min
    barkskin from 1min to 50s
    berserk from 3min to 2.5min

not sure what's wrong with your stampeding, maybe it's a glyph issue? my SI is also totally unaffected by it

It's probably not even worth using the Vial trinket, as after several rounds of adjustments even mythic SoO is crazy undertuned now. Aside from perhaps Barkskin, there's no tangible benefits to cooldown reduction as Guardian as many encounters don't even last 2-3 minutes. Even survival cooldowns really aren't necessary to use, aside from trash pulls (those are more dangerous to my health than the actual bosses now). Maybe my experience is different from many, but using a different trinket would probably work out being more useful for the last couple weeks of SoO... especially if Vial is bugged from some people.

I've messed around with using Haromm's/TED and Haromm's/Jugg, and I really haven't noticed a difference aside from windows of threat generation at the most. While I do have some issues with threat against certain tank classes (and some have issues against me), that's another thread!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I've messed around with using Haromm's/TED and Haromm's/Jugg, and I really haven't noticed a difference aside from windows of threat generation at the most. While I do have some issues with threat against certain tank classes (and some have issues against me), that's another thread!
    Except TTT (or any amp) is stronger than Juggs.

Personally, i did heroic garrosh gold sales last week, i tanked and i switched between haromm/TED and haromm/TTT, and i didnt see a single digit of dps difference (literally 0.1 dps between both attempts). I'd rather run TED than TTT because it's more mastery and the proc actually gives survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
    my crappy 556 normal version of vial is doing:

stampeding from 2min to 1.67min
    barkskin from 1min to 50s
    berserk from 3min to 2.5min

not sure what's wrong with your stampeding, maybe it's a glyph issue? my SI is also totally unaffected by it
    Good point, I'll have to check if the glyph is messing it up.
    (and seriously, I hate that blizz still insists on using these retarded rounded hundred's time unit. 2.67 minute wat? why can't they just use normal min:sec display like any other sane people on the planet <.<)

Edit: I'm with stupid. 1.57 isn't same as 1:57. Reading crap when dead tired is not recommended. Ironically, I'm a victim of my own rant about their tooltip times/display. So it's working correctly with Stampeding Roar. kek. Doesn't seem to affect SI though ;p
    Last edited by coocoo; 2014-10-23 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Personally, i did heroic garrosh gold sales last week, i tanked and i switched between haromm/TED and haromm/TTT, and i didnt see a single digit of dps difference (literally 0.1 dps between both attempts). I'd rather run TED than TTT because it's more mastery and the proc actually gives survival.
    Although I can't do a direct comparison using the previous week's raid logs after the massive nerfs to SoO shaving off minutes on kills, my experience has been the amp trinkets are really not that good even for damage now. Target dummy with full raid buffs has me doing almost 2k lower DPS with amp trinkets compared to TED, and about 1k lower DPS compared Jugg's. A lot of it may have to do with our crit levels being MUCH lower than pre-6.0, as we don't reap as much benefit from the crit damage amp, and the haste/mastery gains from an amp trinket are comparable what you could get from another trinket in terms of secondary stats anyways. I think what really separates TED from an amp trinket is the proc, as agility procs provide a massive increase in attack power (where pre-6.0, the procs contribution to attack power was dwarfed heavily due to Vengeance). Also, if you're into survival, the agility provides a hefty amount of dodge, as Haromm's/TED procs together boost me slightly above 42% passive dodge at their peak.

All in all, it doesn't really matter in SoO, as you could use no trinkets and still do fine. For leveling purposes, I'd stick to a non-amp trinket, as hitting lvl 91 begins reducing the amplifying aspect of the trinket.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-10-23 at 02:00 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Well i'm currently using a Mythic TED and a Mythic Warforged Jugg because frankly the Vial is pure crap now. Both are increasing my dps, TED with Mastery and Agi proc and Jugg with Bonus armor. I would probably replace the Jugg with a TTT if I could ever get one to drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mit View Post
    Well i'm currently using a Mythic TED and a Mythic Warforged Jugg because frankly the Vial is pure crap now. Both are increasing my dps, TED with Mastery and Agi proc and Jugg with Bonus armor. I would probably replace the Jugg with a TTT if I could ever get one to drop
    Juggs is just better then TTT now, due to that Bonus Armor. TTT's proc is completely useless now as we no longer get ANY AP from strength (Right? pretty sure that was a thing), and the 9% amp is mediocre due to the terrible effectiveness of Crit/Haste at mitigation. (ATM, you would probably have ~800 mastery, ~600 haste/crit with best gear.. TTT MWF would give 94 mastery, and a mediocre amount of crit/haste. The BA from MWF Juggs is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Dumb question;
    - I thought White swing crits didn't trigger Primal Fury (+8 Rage).. they are for some reason.. and I could have sworn there was bluepost stuff that said it wouldn't (Hence why it was buffed from 5 to 8 rage).

the tooltip says 8 rage when you crit with a bear attack, excluding ticks, pretty sure that includes autoattacks.