10+ Year Old Account

Red face WoW Romance: Met your Significant other through the Game?

How many of you have met your significant other through Wow? Post your stories!!!! Was it all easy as pie? Did people think you were weird?
    Is there alerady a thread about this somewhere?

I met my fiance in my last guild back in late Cata, early MoP (around January 2012). Thought he sounded like a tool bag the first time I heard him chatting in vent, but eventually we hit it off. Exchanged phone numbers...I drunk text him on valentines day, kept talking every day....ended up meeting 10 months later in October 2012 and been together ever since.
    And now we are engaged as of May this year! Super exciting! Although its difficult to explain to the relatives....online dating is becoming much much more common, but video game romance still carries that "weirdo" factor.

Deleted
    Sounded like a toolbag? I wonder what that sounds like.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a woman in my old Crapaclysm guild tell me i had a sexy voice during a raidwide vent convo, but alas, that's the closest iv'e ever gotten to a vidja game romance.

I met my SO in WoW, here's our story:
    I was playing WoW.
    She was playing WoW.
    We met each other while playing WoW.
    We played WoW together.
    We played other games together.
    We hooked up.

Exciting story, isn't it?

I met my wife doing an enchant for her back in BC.

Based on that, I think you can guess how I feel about enchanting scrolls now... at least they waited until Wrath to put them in, though, right? :P
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Met my wife in game tail end of Vanilla. Our guilds were allied together to do raids. TBC both of our guilds imploded and she made a new one. I joined her's and became an officer by the middle of TBC. Patch 3.1 or so of Wrath guild got too big (400+ accounts and about 85 active every night), with too many complainers (why am I not in the progression Ulduar group, it's always the same people!?!? ; Why are you never online for raid start?) so we disbanded it. We started an alt guild together and went super casual until about 4-5 months after ICC came out. We logged on and talked in guild chat mostly, just the two of us, and just played the AH and professions. During that time she moved to my state and we started looking for a house. I got her a ring, my parents gave me some land, I bought us a house (manufactured). Four years, Feb 23.

We still play together, and we now run an 80 account guild together. Two nights a week, and play some other stuff together as well.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

the gamers dream

Deleted
    No, but I did meet a girl from WoW a while back and we met up a couple of times, but I was an asshole so we split up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't actually meet my fiance through WoW.

I met her sister through WoW. She and I did the flirting back and forth bit, Skype chat, and even met up once, but our lives were in very different places. It just wasn't a good fit. Her job post graduation required her to travel, and I was looking for something a little more...consistent, permanent. It ended on a bad note (We have since reconciled).

She introduced me to her sister (Just as a friend to hang out with actually), but we didn't hit it off right away. I was still a little hung up and heartbroken, and didn't really feel like dating all that much.

Fast forward a year and a half later, and her sister and I reconnect via Facebook. From there, the rest is a happy whirlwind. My fiance DOES actually play, just not as much nor at the level her sister and I did...but I'm quite okay with that.

Always good to remember that good can come from a bad situation.
    Last edited by Xisa; 2014-10-03 at 02:24 PM.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    Sounded like a toolbag? I wonder what that sounds like.
    Ask for my phone number and you'll know.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I started playing WoW with my girlfriend while we were dating and we've been happily married for 8 years now... so WoW was apart of our courtship but not the introduction... does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Long ago there was a girl in my guild that I spent a ton of time talking to and playing WoW with. I had become interested in her after some time. But it turned out she was leading on some young guy in our guild as well. Once he and I had found out that she was expressing interest in both of us, we both stepped back. She saw that neither of us were showing her the same affection anymore and it made her feel awkward. She left the game and neither of us heard from her again.

However! I have a RL friend that met his now wife through WoW. So sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

No, I have not.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

A buddy of mine met his fiance though wow. They were friends in guild, chatted a lot. The first time the met each other in person was on a trip to blizzcon. They had a few vacationy get togethers and then she actually moved to be with him. They got engaged and seem really happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps