Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can pull at least 60 fps (I run vsync) in 25m raids at 5120x2880 DSR with dual GTX 970s in SLI.

http://a.pomf.se/datdst.png

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    So i got a i7 4770k, gtx 760 and everything up to date, and i get 20 fps during bloodlust on ordos and 25-28 after, and i get 33-45 when shrine is packed, im curious what u guys get and if this is really low for my setup if so i could use some help!.
    Desktop
    i7-4770 Haswell
    ATI 290x 4Gb

Laptop
    i7-3630QM
    nVidia GTX 660m

Desktop gets 55-60 FPS during recording in raids, around 120 in an open area.
    Laptop is in the 40-80 range in the same areas, minus recording. (Shadow Play still doesn't work all that well on the Mobile chips.)

Ambient occlusion, Shadow Quality, and Anti Aliasing are going to be the major resource sinks in the WoW client in the current filesystem.

When 6.0 comes, a lot of the graphic resources should be over-all improved and various systems. Not to say, that some may have problems.

nVidia / ATI profiles, overwriting settings, adjusting resolution, Fullscreen, Windowed-fullscreen, Windowed-maxed, and Windowed Modes all have different effects on the client as well. ( I wonder if you don't have Supersampling enabled in your nVidia settings?)

But yeah, you should be getting much higher framerates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexke View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm having trouble believing that...

there is no way you can have 200+ fps during the middle of a bossfight.
    Allso, what settings and resolution are you playing on?

-

I've currently got an overclocked GTX770SC (wich I clocked another 200MHz higher)
    I5 4670K clocked to 4.6GHz

Now, when I enter SoOHC (25m raids) I can get as high as 200-300 FPS but it'll go down during bossfights on to low 30fps.
    Completely packed Shrine is ~40-60.

During open world and other flying around it bumps up 200-400.
    With a few alterations to a command like and some config file adjustment, I can cap the game client at 750.00 FPS. :3 Though, the quality is really hideous and blurred to the point it may as well be 3D water-paint drawings.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    I can pull at least 60 fps (I run vsync) in 25m raids at 5120x2880 DSR with dual GTX 970s in SLI.

Pretty nice hardware you're running there.
    But with malkorok on HC mode with the orbs mashing around on 25m you'd get alot less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty nice hardware you're running there.
    But with malkorok on HC mode with the orbs mashing around on 25m you'd get alot less.
    I'll have to uncap it and I see suppose lol.

I'll have to uncap it and I see suppose lol.
    I sense a " #ChallengeAccepted ". :P
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    I sense a " #ChallengeAccepted ". :P
    Perhaps. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Video cards actually have less to do with FPS than your CPU. At least currently.
    This for raids pretty much. The CPU decides your minimum framerate here as long as you've got a decent GPU (above gtx 660, or R9270x/HD7870 I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    This for raids pretty much. The CPU decides your minimum framerate here as long as you've got a decent GPU (above gtx 660, or R9270x/HD7870 I believe).
    I could be mistaken here, but the WoW engine can run on fewer cores, because of it's age.

Thus it would benefit more from a lesser core at a higher clockspeed?
    Since it wouldn't optimally use all of the cores at a lower speed I7 than a higher speed I5?

Deleted

Is this ultra or high? Even tho its not hc with all those purple bubbles around, its still pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Is this ultra or high? Even tho its not hc with all those purple bubbles around, its still pretty good.
    Ultra

/wtb10chars

Deleted
    There is an extreme difference between running fullscreen @800x600 and windowed @2560x1440. Toy around with resolution if you want improved fps.

I could be mistaken here, but the WoW engine can run on fewer cores, because of it's age.

Thus it would benefit more from a lesser core at a higher clockspeed?
    Since it wouldn't optimally use all of the cores at a lower speed I7 than a higher speed I5?
    I believe the game only uses 2 cores ( and a little bit of a 3rd ). That said, an i7 at 4GHz should perform the same as an i5 at 4GHz, on this game. I am not entirely sure if a 2 cored 4Ghz CPU performs, or outperforms the other 2 CPUs because they dont work the same way ( I don't know the exacts on this )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    It's actually on LFR or Flex. You can see the little eye at the mini map, and with the 2nd dps doing 160k DPS, I don't think everyone is pushing the limit as much, so it'll have a high framerate. It's nice nevertheless though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I believe the game only uses 2 cores ( and a little bit of a 3rd ). That said, an i7 at 4GHz should perform the same as an i5 at 4GHz, on this game. I am not entirely sure if a 2 cored 4Ghz CPU performs, or outperforms the other 2 CPUs because they dont work the same way ( I don't know the exacts on this )
    The main reason you want at least a Quad Core is because there are other tasks than just WoW. Sadly from my usage of the new Intel Pentium G3258 at 4.4GHz it was still outperformed by a Core i5 at stock and 4GHz and likewise an i7 at stock and 4GHz purely because of the extra threads.

Deleted

What the hell monitor you use? 30"?

Also i will soon join the 2x970 club with Gigabyte 970 G1 with Windforce 3X cooler!
    Last edited by mmoc1f5e8fd9f1; 2014-10-03 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post
    What the hell monitor you use? 30"?

Also i will soon join the 2x970 club with Gigabyte 970 G1 Windforce 3X!
    Nice! You'll love them! I run a 27" 2560x1440 but I have Nvidia DSR enabled for WoW which essentially means I'm running 5120x2880 scaled to 2560x1440. It also means I am actually rendering full 5120x2880 resolution.

Deleted
    Wow just wow (not world of warcraft 120-200 fps auch i wish i had that pc, currently i have

i5-4460
    Radeon R9 290 Oc Try-X 4GB
    4 GB rams and i never seen above 99 fps and this is world

During raids i have between 40-99 fps depends on encounter

No matter what pc you have wow will always have problems, if you have above 60 fps world and around 40+ during raid you should be happy

I have everything max settings

Deleted
    Nice! You'll love them! I run a 27" 2560x1440 but I have Nvidia DSR enabled for WoW which essentially means I'm running 5120x2880 scaled to 2560x1440. It also means I am actually rendering full 5120x2880 resolution.
    Oh, well i have "only" Dell Ultrasharp 3008 WFP 2560x1600 so with DSR (SSAA old thing in new name) should get 5120x3200 screens, heh that will be awesome!

Deleted
    On a slightly different topic regarding FPS:

Why is it that when 1 or 2 people die in 25m, my FPS suddenly spikes back to 60fps? Like, those 2 spells which aren't being cast when they're dead is the deciding factor for my system... :P

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That picture taken in LFR or normal? LFR tends to have better fps due to lack of abilities being used, but honestly with the dps I'm seeing, it's either low gear with competent players, or geared players who aren't that great. If it's the second one, then I understand the fps.

On another note, I've never understood the need for people to come in trying to claim they get 100-200+ fps in 25man boss fights. It's so ridiculous to even bother lying about. It's like being that guy when Watch Dogs came out to be like "HEY GUIS I GET OVER 60 FPS IN WATCH DOGS ON ULTRA AT ALL TIMES EVEN THOUGH THE LPC CAN'T DO THAT YOU MUST ALL HAVE SHITTY SYSTEMS".
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-03 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    That picture taken in LFR or normal? LFR tends to have better fps due to lack of abilities being used, but honestly with the dps I'm seeing, it's either low gear with competent players, or geared players who aren't that great. If it's the second one, then I understand the fps.

On another note, I've never understood the need for people to come in trying to claim they get 100-200+ fps in 25man boss fights. It's so ridiculous to even bother lying about. It's like being that guy when Watch Dogs came out to be like "HEY GUIS I GET OVER 60 FPS IN WATCH DOGS ON ULTRA AT ALL TIMES EVEN THOUGH THE LPC CAN'T DO THAT YOU MUST ALL HAVE SHITTY SYSTEMS".

Except I really have no reason to lie. I never claimed 100-200+, merely that I get at least 60 fps. You can try to create all of the justifications you want but the fact is it's about 7x more pixels being rendered than 99% of the people in this thread and those running 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 it's 4x the amount of pixels being rendered. So regardless of where it is it's still impressive