Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And more people voted for the Horde. It WON.

Like it or not - there was a competition and the Horde mount came out victorious.

No - they HAD an Horde aesthetic to work with. Spikes. Chains. Tusks. Horns. The Alliance did not. Here - let's make it shiny. Lets make it polished...that's what the Alliance designers were saying.

The Alliance bike doesn't fit the Alliance, it embodies neither their values nor their aesthetic and it looks like a squashed bug.
    The Horde bike portrays the Horde aesthetic very well - horns, tusk, armor, chains...and as a result also embodies the aggressive nature of the Horde quite well. It isn't perfect, but it still ends up being a better looking bike than the Alliance.

Horde players had no reason not to vote for it - it was their faction and it looked good.
    Alliance players often found themselves torn between voting for their faction and voting for the best looking bike.

Whether you see it a competition or a pageant - the Horde came out on top.

EJL

Yes, and what part of it did the Alliance or Horde fanbases have any influence in besides voting? Alliance voted for the better looking bike. The fact that most of them couldn't even compare the two bikes without laughing is the whole issue. If you can't see how rewarding one part of the playerbase for having a better team, or a team that could better incorporate their factional aesthetic into a better looking bike, something they couldn't have helped in any way, beyond voting based simply on their faction is unfair, then you're part of the problem.

Having said all that, Blizzard don't like creating imbalances.
    Is that supposed to be a joke or something? They create imbalances all the time, like when they gave the Horde another awesome chopper at Cata launch and Alliance got nothing. Now that story repeats itself 4 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Is that supposed to be a joke or something? They create imbalances all the time, like when they gave the Horde another awesome chopper at Cata launch and Alliance got nothing. Now that story repeats itself 4 years later.
    The Goblin ones? They fixed the imbalance by adding Worgen horses, just like they added the Horde raptor quest to make up for the Winterspring saber. So their statement is correct, it's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Goblin ones? They fixed the imbalance by adding Worgen horses, just like they added the Horde raptor quest to make up for the Winterspring saber. So their statement is correct, it's just a matter of time.

Numerical balance, yeah. Basically, there was still an imbalance in the fact that the Horde had more looks open to them than the Alliance since the horses were just typical horses, and no more. But I won't even get into arguing that further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoka Inumuta View Post
    I doubt it's removed for good. I mean why make the mount if they're just never gonna put it in?
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/unimplementedgallery.php

Now, back on topic. They never even added a vendor for the mount so it is stupid to have it in the database if it's unobtainable.

Horde players had no reason not to vote for it - it was their faction and it looked good.
    Alliance players often found themselves torn between voting for their faction and voting for the best looking bike.
    And that's why the competition was a farce in the first place. And if what was posted earlier is exactly what happened, Alliance were twice screwed over by it. Once over by the community, because Horde fanboys compromise the vast majority of vocal and participating memembers of the WoW community and the second due to whichever bike company it was (I never cared enough to remember the name, American TV has never interested me and I found the show was painful to watch) not listening to feedback and creating something which wasn't desired in the first place.

I'll reiterate what I posted months ago: When you say on the advert "Vote for whichever bike you think looks best and it'll be implemented in-game" without saying "For that faction specifically", it's a joke. Blizz deserved all the backlash they got for it purely because they weren't clear in their intention.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2014-11-26 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Numerical balance, yeah. Basically, there was still an imbalance in the fact that the Horde had more looks open to them than the Alliance since the horses were just typical horses, and no more. But I won't even get into arguing that further.
    While that's true, I merely meant that I think it would be silly to think they won't add anything at all, because they already know what would happen.

Deleted
    If the Scrolls of Lore post is true, I do hope they are going to alter the model a bit. Despite all it's flaws, I still like the look of the Alliance bike far more than the Trike with grunt shoulder pads. Yes, even though the back armor looks like carapace and the front swords look idiotic I still really like the overall elongated profile. And there are still a couple of nice ideas like the handlebars looking like Varian's swords or the spinning cog wheel.

Hopefully, the designers make some changes to make it feel more fitting the Alliance. Put a front bender that looks like the Skyfire's headpiece, add some other motifs from the Alliance races and we should be good to go. (Arrowheads/Moon symbols for Nelves, Crystals/Naaru images for Draenei, roses for Worgen?, etc).

After all, there was that announcement that Alliance players can claim a faction based chopper if they want to spend the gold on it so I hope they don't just keep it absent from the game.
    Last edited by mmoc2462126d54; 2014-11-26 at 10:58 PM.

I'm not really worried unless 6.1 goes live without it in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it will go into the in game shop? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Maybe it will go into the in game shop? :/
    Well, I'd prefer to pay the 20€ for it, instead of spending 100.000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post

Now, back on topic. They never even added a vendor for the mount so it is stupid to have it in the database if it's unobtainable.
    Those are all recolors of existing mounts, that's hardly comparable.

The Goblin ones? They fixed the imbalance by adding Worgen horses
    I'm yet to see ONE person using that crappy horse. I see hordies riding on the trike all the time.

So their statement is correct, it's just a matter of time.
    Wrong. Both factions technically "got" the mount. I have it in my journal and it counts towards the achievement. I just can't use it. "Fair" by Blizzard's logic. Nevermind we had a poll that could only go one way, let's fuck an entire faction over because hey, they lost the competition, right? But there was no competition to begin with.
    Last edited by Commander; 2014-11-27 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I'm yet to see ONE person using that crappy horse. I see hordies riding on the trike all the time.

Wrong. Both factions technically "got" the mount. I have it in my journal and it counts towards the achievement. I just can't use it. "Fair" by Blizzard's logic. Nevermind we had a poll that could only go one way, let's fuck an entire faction over because hey, they lost the competition, right? But there was no competition to begin with.
    First part is irrelevant like I said, it's the number they care about really at that point.

2nd off, the mount doesn't count for both factions I'm pretty sure, and even then, they already made an entire unique model for it, and even workers within Blizzard didn't know the mount wasn't in game yet. If that doesn't scream that it will make it in to you, I'm not sure what will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post

Well those are just recolors.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Well, I'd prefer to pay the 20€ for it, instead of spending 100.000 gold.
    same... 20/25 $$ real money is easier to come by than 100k gold for me
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It was probably removed because they wanna change something with it, eitherwith the modelbitself or acquisition. Will make a return later.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares? it looks stupid anyway