Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    sadly approaching 32 years young
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

poll results show what you should expect, statistical curve centered around the intended demographic, 18-34 y.o.

the immaturity you see, in any game, deals more with immature adults, than immature children. Spoiled brats who haven't grown up inside enough yet to respect their fellow human, anonymity or not.

Though each game does have a different feel. GW2 seems to be quite mature and I've never seen any misconduct in the month or so I've been playing compared to logging into wow for a few seconds while in trade. Server choice has some to do with it, but different games draw different types of people in, and game design has some influence, cooperative versus competitive in a pve environment.

If your experience is that bad, move servers, because I can tell you they are all different, and that is any game (people of similar ilk tend to flock together; the negative feed off each other).

Currently I am 21 and just started playing GWII and loving it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    ...I would rather answer a poll of number selections instead of actually post it...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    There is a poll in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Therier88 View Post
    Poll where I want you to answer can be found here: http://www.strawpoll.me/2696533/

Deleted
    If someone wonders why I made this poll it’s because my friend have several times said that players of Guild Wars 2 are mature and normally at least over 20 years old. My own experiences have been opposite and I would like to know actual fact now.
    Maturity has very little relation to age whatsoever.
    I think you'd probably find that a lot of the time [Dirge] and 'anal' spam starts up in places like trade chat in WoW, it's 20-30 year olds. Just because you're classed as an adult doesn't mean you have the mentality of one.

18, and turning 19 in about 2 weeks

Looks like I'm pretty average with my 23. Yay, I'm average..!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Poll where I want you to answer can be found here: http://www.strawpoll.me/2696533/

If someone wonders why I made this poll it’s because my friend have several times said that players of Guild Wars 2 are mature and normally at least over 20 years old. My own experiences have been opposite and I would like to know actual fact now.

As template of age distribution I used this site: http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...mobile-gamers/

I made this thread also to Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...w_old_are_you/
    11/f/CA - Oh wait, you've probably never seen that before (Looks back to the mid 90's, OH MAN).

- - - Updated - - -

28, turn 29 january

Deleted
    28 here, and what's not fun about the diffent jokes in general chat. Boreddom is a good facter in those cases.
    Allthou i do agree that it should be keept out of trade chat or LFG chat, and PG at most times but after 1 am and in a god forskeen land i want those golden moments of joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turned 29 for the 8th time in September ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    73 years old.

23 here, brosef.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Turned 29 for the 8th time in September ...
    well, i turned 26 for the first time in September

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Guildmates call me a baby but im 22 almost everyone is 26+ in our guild, Aussie is 50ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I'm as old as my tongue but older than my teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 11 when the game started. I'm now 12, almost old enough to turn off the profanity filter.

I never remember to turn off the profanity filter, don't really care, but it is funny when something an NPC says triggers it...

I'm pretty sure age has almost nothing to do with it. People on WoW act like complete jerks (the ones who talk, anyway), and people on GW2 are, for the most part, nice.

It's environment/peer behavior.

28, 29 in march. Game seems to have way more mature players in it from my experience than any other MMO i've ever played.