Collecting bans like they're rings.

Holy shit guys. Sorry for taking so long to argue but test took me 2h 20m of the 2.5 hours allowed. That shit was fucking cray. Then I got to come home in rain and snowy floors, and now, for the second week in a row, I get to solo a 4 person group project because my groupmates are f_gs. Literally, they're in all 3 of my classes and they skip mad classes to avoid seeing me or doing work or taking time off to study, and then they have the nerve to ask me for notes and not do work.

I'm seriously about to talk into class today, with all my work on my printed 11x17 fucking paper and say "I've decided guys, and I'm taking my talents to south beach."

(I wish I could but these guys being in all 3 of my classes is awkward, and it's worse that teacher individually goes around to talk to each group so it's not like I can just solo this shit and be content. He won't accept that.)

Anyway, Wiz lost to Bulls last night so maybe you're right. Argue later. Work now.

Russell Westbrook stat line... holy crap. I wonder whens the last time that has been done

10+ Year Old Account
    Needed ot though. What a chump!

I picked westbrook for MVP before the season, assuming durant was missing a lot of time. His injury may have derailed it, but a good prediction imo with how he has been playing.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Wizards? Cmon Blue that's low... They're freefalling, they just lost to the Wolves and Sixers. The Raptors just lost to the Melo-less Knicks also. There's really no reason a healthy Bulls team shouldn't be able to beat anyone but Cleveland (Atlanta maybe but Korver, Teague, and Millsap really need to light it up from outside).

MVP - 1. Harden 2. Curry
    I think Westbrook may be moving into the MVP convo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Russell Westbrook stat line... holy crap. I wonder whens the last time that has been done
    really makes you appreciate oscar robertson from back in the day (way before my day), who averaged a triple double for multiple SEASONS lol
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

By the way, teams with literally zero excuses this year, barring catostrophic injury: The clippers and Rockets. If they are not top tier and at least in the WCF, then there is something inherently flawed with the "Top ten players" on those teams. Having two of the top five (in the clippers case) and two of the top ten (Rockets) and not getting at least to the WCF would be a joke. Having two top five players and not WINNING a conference would be a horrendous black stain.

Lebron got to the finals (Albeit through a mediocre at the time east) with basically nothing. Having two top five players and not getting there? Ouch.
    I still think this is one of the best things I've ever said while drunk. Clippers have no excuses, rockets might have a tiny excuse with injury.

Clippers are better without the consistently over-rated Blake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're going to take Stephen Curry with the #2 pick? Are you crazy?
    Ooooh snap!

Also reading through this thread is kind of crazy, because I think I was at least 90% close to blackout drunk on those posts.

- - - Updated - - -

"Not getting my hopes up for Rose yet, sorry Rose fans, I'll come aroudn when he plays more then 20 games :P"

Quote from the last basketball thread from me; hey, at least he doubled my prediction!
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last time Westbrook played a game and DIDN'T get a triple double, he had 21/8/17 in only 27 minutes (sat out the 4th quarter). His free agency period will be even crazier than Lebron's because it's less predictable where he'll go. There's no doubt in my mind that he wants to be the #1 guy and doesn't want to play with KD anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, the crazier stat line from last night is Lillard's - 1/13 shooting, 5pts, 4 assts, and 18 rebounds... for a PG, the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Westbrook is going to come to minnesota to be the shooting guard, alongside rubio, wiggins, Marc gasol, and kevin durant. Small ball lineup every night will make everyone so tired and we will win 5-6 titles in a row.

Also I'm on lsd right now (Kidding, but you'd have to be to believe that would happen)
    You're a towel.

Lol that Bulls are doing well against OKC. This game is actually close enough to be exciting. Holy shit lol as I'm typing through the rest of this post, OKC: Chicago game is crazy fun.

LOL OKC ball with 2 seconds left. "I wonder who is gonna take this final shot."

Wizards? Cmon Blue that's low... They're freefalling, they just lost to the Wolves and Sixers. The Raptors just lost to the Melo-less Knicks also. There's really no reason a healthy Bulls team shouldn't be able to beat anyone but Cleveland (Atlanta maybe but Korver, Teague, and Millsap really need to light it up from outside).
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Agreed. I'd place the Bulls ahead of the Wizards for sure, maybe above the Raptors. Explain yourself, Blue!
    TL;DR is that yes I think Bulls are better than Wizards, but I'm basing my "I'd pick Wizards over Bulls" because Wizards are like same as last year with a little more experience (youth -> experienced, not experienced -> "omg coach I'm a vet I can't play over 38 mins"). Bulls are good but the team is a bit different than last year, especially with the addition to Derek Rose (which changes how their offense goes so it's not like they can say they're consistent and got shit down. That'd be like me saying next year "oh well Knicks had a year to practice the Triangle." And you'd say "uhm yeah retard maybe some D league people got to practice the Triangle but no one in a real lineup did.")

Anyway. Quick note:

Last playoffs Wizards vs. 2 nights ago Wizards starting 5:
    Pierce - Ariza
    Nene - Nene
    Gortat - Gortat
    Beal - Beal
    Wall - Wall

Last playoffs Bulls vs. 2 nights ago Bulls starting 5:
    Dunleavy - Dunleavy
    Gasol - Boozer
    Noah - Noah
    Snell - Butler
    Brooks - Hinrich

(Link 1 and Link 2 if you want to verify. Just scroll down to Box Score.)

Bulls still have similar players from last year, but they're rotating in and out because of injuries. I also don't believe title window stays open even if you have the same players. Comes down to I don't know if Bulls will pull it together in playoffs to win it all. I'd rather bet on Wizards making it further. I do agree Bulls are good though.

Same thing for Atlanta I guess.

When theyve had their complete starting five they were 12-3 this season. Pretty good. Sadly that shows only 15 games out of a possible 60 have they had all five starters play together, a very troubling sign
    Ya this kind of is related to post above. I think Thibs is a good coach at making due with what he has and rotating players to still be successful. But I think in playoffs when you play your starters for mad time, besides the San An Spurs which would godly beyond transcendence, it doesn't work for other teams. Not through multiple rounds at least.

Yeah I saw that. I'm not trying to brag or something, but I'd rather those tickets go to people that don't have the money to just go when they want <.< Its not like I'm mr. moneybags, but I can afford to go to the games.

I hope they go to people that otherwise wouldn't be able to go :P
    Oh oh I see how it is. I'm so po' I can't even afford the last two letters, and you're baller status "my feet are on the same level as the players" rich when you go to games. I see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Meh. NY Post looks for any headlines. (Btw do you guys know you can't get a newspaper for a $1 or less in NY? Minimum price is like $1.25. And no, I don't mean on a Sunday.) But yeah, wtf else are Knicks fans supposed to do?

Anyway. Bigger story was today, because of the snow, this airplane slid on the runway at Laguardia and ran into a fence. Everyone was okay.

49 - 16 - 10 when I saw. Yeah that's pretty dominant lol.

Needed ot though. What a chump!
    Meh. Yeah I guess it is unfair sometimes comparing stat lines if you get an extra 5 minutes. But personally like if you really wanted to be a stat stuffer you could play more than the 36-38 minutes a coach would normally let you in the 48 minutes of regulation. Or just jack up a Kobe # of shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Something about not taking Steph Curry at #2 fantasy player.
    Ooooh snap!
    It's a bit hard to gauge if that was a correct thing to say or not because fantasy basketball isn't exactly as well tracked as football. I couldn't find any sources, but I'd still think Anthony Davis or Westbrook would be a better choice sooo.

BTW, the crazier stat line from last night is Lillard's - 1/13 shooting, 5pts, 4 assts, and 18 rebounds... for a PG, the fuck?
    Yeah I like young and thin point guards (like how rondo used to be). I think they're light enough so they can play more minutes and still manuever around enough to pick up rebounds. Not like Chris Paul or like Deron Williams. Those guys are kind of fat. Damian Lillard and Rondo are thin. Russell Westbrook is like athletic.

----

Holy shit took forever to work through posts. Dallas Portland game. Another of Jib's favorite teams.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2015-03-06 at 03:48 AM.

The last time Westbrook played a game and DIDN'T get a triple double, he had 21/8/17 in only 27 minutes (sat out the 4th quarter). His free agency period will be even crazier than Lebron's because it's less predictable where he'll go. There's no doubt in my mind that he wants to be the #1 guy and doesn't want to play with KD anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

This whole year has been, "is this real life?" for me.

crazy finish to the bulls / okc game last night! great to see chicago pull it out!
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago: Better defensively without Rose, more efficient on offense (At times). To bad butler is out to so we can't get a really fair estimate of how MUCH better they are though
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    O get real. The bulls just win games. They've done it for years, nothing about last night or beating the wizards was shocking. They're not laying down for anyone and that's the way the team has been since they got rid of Del Negro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get real? You are trying to deny the undisputable fact that they are better on defense without him?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    They go out and give up 98 points to the pacers tonight, something like 20 points in the last 5 minutes. Westbrook droped 43 points on our point guards. His backup got another 10. So the position that D Rose guards, they gave up 53 points. That's good defense? better than D Rose guarded? I don't think so I'm not even a fan of Rose's defense, but it's not as bad as his backup's. It's just not the truth, the team isn't better at anything without him.

The only reason the team is better at defense right now, is because Noah is starting to be able to move a little. He's been hurt all season. I've heard quite a few reports had him barely able to walk before and after games. He's getting healthy now and that's why the defense has improved. It's not because Derrick and Jimmy Butler aren't there.

The box scores don't always tell the full story. I'm pretty sure you're not watching every, or even any Bulls games. Nobody who watches the team could think they're better without Rose.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2015-03-07 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, are you really using Westbrook as an example of the teams defense? He's tearing everyone up. The Bulls look flat out better without him imo, in his current playstyle of jacking up pants on head retarded 3s. If butler isn't hurt when the playoffs roll around I bet they go deeper than they would have with rose playing.
    You're a towel.

FWIW, Westbrook is something like 2-7 when he scores more than 35 or whatever the arbitrary mark was.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we just ignore evidence that goes against your dumb argument. What about the 20 points in the final 5 mins of the Pacers game? I guess that I missed it and Derrick was playing. The Bulls are not winning because of defense. Frankly they are worse on defense at every position right now then they were when Rose played. The backup point guards are worse defenders than Rose, Mirotic isnt' the defender that Taj Is and Snell isn't the defender that Jimmy Butler is. Blaming Rose for their defensive struggles this year is either ignorance or trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So we just ignore evidence that goes against your dumb argument. What about the 20 points in the final 5 mins of the Pacers game? I guess that I missed it and Derrick was playing. The Bulls are not winning because of defense. Frankly they are worse on defense at every position right now then they were when Rose played. The backup point guards are worse defenders than Rose, Mirotic isnt' the defender that Taj Is and Snell isn't the defender that Jimmy Butler is. Blaming Rose for their defensive struggles this year is either ignorance or trolling.
    Lol, you are using tiny sample sizes. It is impossible for you to be impartial because you are a fan of him. "Evidence" that the defense is worse because one amazing player torched them? Because they had a bad game? Oh no!
    You're a towel.