Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Hint: They're easy to make the barman is just doing a silent protest at you ordering a fussy drink
    You're in Cardiff right? PM what bar you work in and what hours so I can come and order nothing but mojitos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Wait... why should Argentina relinquish its rightful claim to the islands?
    No evidence of them having a rightful claim has ever been put forward. Saying its yours isn't enough, neither is saying you're the closest to it - by those standards Brazil has a claim on Argentina due to proximity. The Falklands have never belonged to Argentina, and saying you own it by proxy because your former masters owned it once is pointless since that means Britain could claim France as being its territory since the Romans controlled it once.

Sorry, but the only right Argentina would have is by conquest. And we all remember how that turned out, don't we?

But we all know how you see facts, Cybran. Pesky things that get in the way of your opinions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    On behalf of every barman in the world. No.

Fucking whoever made mojitos popular is as much of a cunt as the guy who made Baileys and the guy who made Sambuca.

Disclaimer: I'm kidding, its just those three drinks are a pain in the ass as a barman, the former for making, and the latter for cleaning up when its had 2-3 hours to dry onto the table top :P

- - - Updated - - -

The only "sensible" message I got from that animation posted earlier is that the Argentinians were forced to fight, at least our soldiers had volunteered to join the armed forces.

And conscription is just state-sponsored slavery. Respect to your fallen.
    Barkeep, I want 5 Pisco Sours (extra egg whites), 3 monitors, 4 tropical muddled fruit bullshit drinks, and this one drink that's not on the menu you've never heard of that you're missing the ingredients for. Don't worry, I'll give you a 2% tip, and I'll only vomit on half the bathroom floor.

My go-to drink in reality is a Negroni. It's a little lesser known among lesser bartenders, but it's piss easy to make. Equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth, stirred and garnished with orange peel.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2014-10-05 at 07:41 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    As an American and Top Gear UK fan, I loved when they came to Mmmerica and made fun of us. The best was the Miami to New Orleans show when they were in the deep south. I also remember the last big hubbub was when Richard Hammond had his comments about Mexico and Mexicans. That one was bad and while I do not agree with comment, again I laugh with them Top Gear, than get offended, especially U.S.

I see some people do not like Top Gear, while it is one of the most popular shows worldwide. The hosts try to mix comedy with their supposed journalism and this is what I love about the show. Sometimes its hit and miss.
    I'm german, they make fun of us in nearly every episode and i love the show. It's just like the Simpsons, they make fun of everyone, no reason to be mad at them for that.

Oh and regarding the cartoon, it's funny to see the british depicted as we germans are usually in british cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm german, they make fun of us in nearly every episode and i love the show. It's just like the Simpsons, they make fun of everyone, no reason to be mad at them for that.

Oh and regarding the cartoon, it's funny to see the british depicted as we germans are usually in british cartoons.
    They love making fun of America. The American South special was just painful to watch. There was a lot of truth in it, but of course it left out a lot of the good things too. I just laughed and winced and moved on.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Love Clarkson, he's the bestest person on TV. Top Gear is probably the best show too, I've always looked forward to it since I was just a kid. The numberplate was almost definitely intentional, Jeremy loves to wind people up.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    They love making fun of America. The American South special was just painful to watch. There was a lot of truth in it, but of course it left out a lot of the good things too. I just laughed and winced and moved on.
    Didn't they do 2? One of them when they drove towards where Katrina hit and they went through Alabama with "Nascar sucks" and then pro Hillary Clinton + pro gay messages on the cars. Eating roadkill etc. That was a long time ago though.

Then there was another one (still years but more recent) where they went to some place in the south and I can't remember any other details (derp) where they ended up in some workshop in a small town and the mayor came out to see them. Some music played and he danced like one of the people in the film Deliverance. Was kinda scary. Think that was in nicer cars than the first time though.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Then there was another one (still years but more recent) where they went to some place in the south and I can't remember any other details (derp) where they ended up in some workshop in a small town and the mayor came out to see them. Some music played and he danced like one of the people in the film Deliverance. Was kinda scary. Think that was in nicer cars than the first time though.
    Yes that was the one where they went do New York in the end. It started at some legendary mountain track they wanted to drive their supercars on and that turned out to have a 40 miles (or so) speed limit along the whole way.
    And yes, that one was much nicer to the americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Being from Argentina, I can say that it couldn't have been a coincidence. The topic of the Falklands is still a delicate matter in Argentina, not because we feel the islands are ours, but because of our veterans (who were CONSCRIPTS that went to war with literally no winter gear, outdated equipment and weapons). Many argentines from the south of the country have had relatives fighting on the islands, and to see a british TV show that is known to have caused controversies right here on our soil, bringing cars with said plates... is a bit tasteless.

Believe what you will about us "wanting the islands back"; we don't really care about them. Your media has fed you wrong information for the sake of propaganda. It was a stupid war, waged by a dictatorship to gain the support of the masses, as their government was about to fall. It was a dying dictatorship's last chance.

This war would have never happened if we had never been under a dictatorship, so please, be respectful of those who have lost loved ones.
    Yeah that was what I was trying to say the translations made it seem like Argentina was still crazy butt hurt over it. Especially since the comments from the youtube video and mmo-c posters seemed to eat it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Didn't they do 2? One of them when they drove towards where Katrina hit and they went through Alabama with "Nascar sucks" and then pro Hillary Clinton + pro gay messages on the cars. Eating roadkill etc. That was a long time ago though.

First one was season nine episode three. The other one was a Christmas special from 2010(?) Just after the Stig incident. Danny Boyle was the special guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yes that was the one where they went do New York in the end. It started at some legendary mountain track they wanted to drive their supercars on and that turned out to have a 40 miles (or so) speed limit along the whole way.
    And yes, that one was much nicer to the americans.
    Ah yes I remember now, that was the one they kept blacking out the screen and saying stuff about how this part was too exciting for the Americans to handle as apparently they weren't being factual enough. I think. Something about hiding stuff because they are a factual show and not entertainment. Or some other obvious lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    First one was season nine episode three. The other one was a Christmas special from 2010(?) Just after the Stig incident. Danny Boyle was the special guest.
    The amount of detail here is impressive.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good 'ol top gear, I don't watch it much anymore but it was always good for a laugh, silly butthurt Argentina, they were kicking up a fuss about those islands last year too if i remember correctly...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Good 'ol top gear, I don't watch it much anymore but it was always good for a laugh, silly butthurt Argentina, they were kicking up a fuss about those islands last year too if i remember correctly...
    their government brings it up occasionally , but i don't think most Argentines care about it that much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's why it became available
    Starting as ONdigital in 1998, the service was re-branded as ITV Digital in July 2001.
    I remember that I was really excited to get my ONdigital box as I had someone who would hax me a card giving all channels. That and I was able to watch Enterprise.

On topic.

Top gear has always done things controversially, there is no way they did not know that it would get a reaction, perhaps not the reaction they were looking for or expected, but they knew it would get one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Does that instantly mean it is quality viewing? Reality TV is popular, is that quality viewing?

Doubtful. He doesn't know me.
    You do not know him either.
    You just see him doing his job.