Toxic Totem rppm?

So I stumbled upon a forum that was giving the equation to calculate the true rppm after taking into account wf/item upgrades.
    Now I was wondering what the theoretical uptime would be on the toxic totem and I was wondering if someone would mind following my math and letting me know if I am doing this correctly.

So to calculate the rppm(of the 588 ilvl one) =P(553) * 1.15^((588-553)/15) or 0.92 * 1.15^((35)/15)= 1.27

So to find theoretical uptime would I then just take 1.27 * 10 (the length of the proc) and divide all of it by 60 since it's real procs per minute?

If so I come out with an answer of .21 or 21% uptime.

Please don't be too harsh if my math is wrong. I'm rather new to the mathematics behind the game and am starting to desire such an understanding
    Last edited by mythiix; 2014-10-04 at 04:56 AM.

The RPPM is the same no matter what version you have. The only RPPM that scales with Ilvl or Haste is - RoRo / UVLS (Ilvl only), Legendary Cloaks (Haste). There are some ToT trinkets that scale of Crit Rating, but that doesn't matter. All the SoO trinkets are set in stone RPPM no matter what Ilevel you get.

Yeah just looked at the forum post about it again and it seemed to only hold true for ToT. Thanks.

Stat proc chance is never affected by haste due to double dipping issues - haste already allows you to do more during the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    But 21% seems pretty close to a reasonable figure, but with good rng sometimes you get 40% + #getprocsgetranks
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I think that your formula is slightly too optimistic. If you get two procs during a minute, they might overlap, so you don't get 20s in that case.

You have the buff when you've had 1 or more procs in the last ten seconds. You don't have the buff when you've had exactly zero procs in the last 10s. That fraction may be easier to directly calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdluf View Post
    I think that your formula is slightly too optimistic. If you get two procs during a minute, they might overlap, so you don't get 20s in that case.

You have the buff when you've had 1 or more procs in the last ten seconds. You don't have the buff when you've had exactly zero procs in the last 10s. That fraction may be easier to directly calculate.
    The SoO trinkets have a 10 sec "icd" so it can't proc while another is up / swapped trinkets around. Only the Caster / Healer / Tank Meta gem can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    But 21% seems pretty close to a reasonable figure, but with good rng sometimes you get 40% + #getprocsgetranks
    Yeah my full reasoning behind doing this was to analyze how far from the theoretical uptime I am because I'm always seeming to have a 13-15% uptime on the trinket.

Also since it isn't affected by haste now. Would the calculations just be

(.92*10)/60?

I feel like I'm missing something.
    Last edited by mythiix; 2014-10-04 at 06:04 PM.

IIRC it's a tad higher due to streak protection, but other than that, yes.

You can drop the parentheses though.