Sell now or wait?

So I have a shit load of ore, leather, herbs from farming the vale for 2 weeks (about 150k worth), it's the first time i've bothered farming and was wondering if I should sell the mats now or wait until 6.0 hits, with AH's merging and stuff would I get more or not? I know mop mats will get useless so that's what im worried about but theres also a lot of people who reroll professions, buy stuff for alts etc.

Any help or tips to max gold on pre-launch patches.

If you have 150k worth of stuff now, I would say sell. There is a possibility that some of it increases in price either before WOD or after it hits, but that's situational and not guaranteed. It would be a hassle and possibly a a loss of gold to keep it and wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AH is going to double in things appearing on the AH (if you're on a busy server), so price cutting will be likely, and the rich people will be investing in outbidding and making WoD mats expensive, not MoPs.
    I'd sell now.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Sell it all now now now it might be not very popular after launch due to new Draenor ore getting all the attention, but could sell well on the AH or in trade chat to players trying to skill profs up before WoD is out.

Deleted
    MoP materials have been historically easy to aquire. If you've got 150k's worth now it probably won't be worth MUCH more in Warlords of Draenor unless you're willing to sit on it for a couple of patches. Then again, Cataclysm materials were easy to aquire compared to Wrath materials and their prices did dart up later in the MoP cycle so it depends how long you're willing to wait =)

If you don't need the money anytime soon anyways, keeping it and selling it off in smaller bundles mid-way through WoD might be a good idea and could net you a pretty nifty bonus sum.

Personally I'm getting the hell out of the market now and I've spend this week dumping my trade goods stock into the AH. I won't pretend to be an expert on the subject but I'd personally rather have what value I know I can get now rather than wait for the market on MoP materials to swing up or down before the inevitable drop off when WoD hits.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    You should sell all MoP related materials ASAP as it's guaranteed that the market will be flooded with those materials upon WoD's release as literally everybody thinks they'll make money from it. The best way to take advantage of release day is to straight up farm relevant materials as quick as possible and then sell them for retarded prices. You can go as high as 2-3k/stack at the start, even higher if you're really early to the scene. Dubai kids racing for server firsts don't give a fuck about gold, if you put a stack for 10k and there are no other stacks available then they'll buy it. Remember this and abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyo View Post
    You should sell all MoP related materials ASAP as it's guaranteed that the market will be flooded with those materials upon WoD's release as literally everybody thinks they'll make money from it. The best way to take advantage of release day is to straight up farm relevant materials as quick as possible and then sell them for retarded prices. You can go as high as 2-3k/stack at the start, even higher if you're really early to the scene. Dubai kids racing for server firsts don't give a fuck about gold, if you put a stack for 10k and there are no other stacks available then they'll buy it. Remember this and abuse it.
    Yeah I remember start of mop I was in a top 10 us raiding guild and we spent a lot on mats for realm firsts and just general raiding lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Yeah I remember start of mop I was in a top 10 us raiding guild and we spent a lot on mats for realm firsts and just general raiding lol
    People and guilds go crazy at the start for sure, hehe. If you abuse them on release you'll make enough gold during the first 8 hours to last you the first two major content patches. That's why I never bother to pre-farm before expansion releases, there's just no point.

Mehh.. Sell it. You aren't sitting on anything that's going to have any kind of increase for sure. At least not anytime soon.

If you were sitting on a bunch of Cut gems at least you could make a little extra when 6.0 first goes live when people are swapping new shit in after upgrading all their gear, but 6.0 happening could bring back a swarm of returning players with old shit in their bags that they just want to get rid of ASAP = you will be undercut brutally on everything.

Holy crap. Weird seeing a Dubai reference in Wow. Left that place in 2000.

Pretty much this. I'm clearing out all inventory on all my characters now to a) make money from it while I can and b) clear out bag space for new, relevant stuff pertaining to WoD. But you can make crazy money early on in any expansion if you really want to.

People are still raiding so a lot of herbs and things aren't going towards people leveling professions in preparation, but also for that...there will be considerably less demand for such things at WoD launch where most people will have no such need for said items.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-10-04 at 07:43 PM.

Yeah, I'd sell now. Mats will stack to 200 when 6.0 hits That could shake up the AH in weird ways. A lot of people seem to be terrible at math and might accidentally sell stuff for lower prices. And in the last week or two people will be dumping stuff to free up inventory space.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more server firsts in wod. You won't see prices like that ever again.

I don't know how you guys are clearing right now. Economy on my server is so bad, everything is so cheap I can't imagine it getting even lower.

What do you guys think about Spirits of Harmony, should I turn them in for golden lotus and sell now or sell the spirits in 6.0 when they become boe?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    What do you guys think about Spirits of Harmony, should I turn them in for golden lotus and sell now or sell the spirits in 6.0 when they become boe?
    Wait, then send them to a tailoring character to make the cloth needed for Royal Satchels.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

As far as I know Pandaria will be CRZ, which will affect the gathering professions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    As far as I know Pandaria will be CRZ, which will affect the gathering professions.
    It is CRZ. But gathering professions in Pandaria? A problem? Hah. I haven't harvested anything in the world in awhile, just grow it on my farm(s).