Deleted

Professions for a new player

hey everyone,
    just started playing wow. My first char is probably going to be a druid. Since i am completly new i dont have any gold so i thought i should choose professions which can make some gold while leveling. Any recommendations?
    Thanks.

Probably just go Mining/Herbalism and just sell everything you get.

With WoD removing profession benefits there's no reason to level anything difficult, and the blacksmithing/tailoring/etc. professions are just a pain to level and not very profitable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with mining /herb, those mats always sell on the AH (which I recommend getting Auctioneer OR Auctionator addons for selling, Auctionator being easier to learn and use), plus- mining nodes or picking herbs will grant you experience which is always a nice perk

I would third the Mining / Herbalism recommendation. Being able to sell raw materials is always a plus.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the tips. I went ahead with herb/mining and ive already made some profit.

If you are going to get the expansion and you pre-order, you get a boost for one of your characters.

You can take one from level 1-90 or take one that is level 60 and it will also boost their professions to 600.

You might want to pre-order, get your char to 60 and switch your professions before the expansion to some of the crafting ones.
    This will save you a ton of time and money.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side-note, i'm leveling a new monk and have taken herbs and ore also due to the XP bonus. Once he is 60 I will switch him to Jewelry Crafting and Enchanting.

Although your garrison can have these professions and make most items, they cannot make the top tier items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingzero View Post
    hey everyone,
    just started playing wow. My first char is probably going to be a druid. Since i am completly new i dont have any gold so i thought i should choose professions which can make some gold while leveling. Any recommendations?
    Thanks.
    Tailoring and enchanting. Forget the gathering professions unless you want to be flying/riding around all the time to make money instead of actually playing.

Both professions require no gathering from nodes. They also work very well together since you can disenchant the useless leveling cloth items into mats to level enchanting. There are some hard to level spots where you'll just be killing things and looting them. They both provide all you need with the exception of belt buckles and gems. If you had to buy leg armors and enchants you'd have 4 things to buy to upgrade stuff instead of the most useful 2. Even if you're not a cloth wearer tailoring is useful, especially leveling.

Since you're starting into a brand new expansion DE'd epic items will result in HUGE and OBSCENE profits. LFR will make you money very, very quickly after the first week.

Don't go skinning/herbing/mining. I thought like that when I started and within weeks of hitting max level (Many, many years ago.) I swapped to tailoring/enchanting and was never, ever short on cash. Bags and enchanting mats will ALWAYS make more than gathering professions.