10+ Year Old Account

bluescreen on password entry Windows 7

So i was installing my new mouse today,a razer naga 2014, i updated razer synapse and it said i had to restart for the setting to take effect. so i did and now i cant enter windows on my computer,every time i try to enter my password the pc gets bluescreen. ive tried to plug out everything else then my keyboard just to see if it might have any effect but no. I need help! Any ideas? thanks

EDIT: same problem happens in safemode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough, something very similar happened to me last week. After getting the blue screen twice in a row I decided to take it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy because I know nothing of computers. I took it in, but there was a long wait so they told me that they would call me on the phone when they were ready for me. I went back home, tried a third time and it booted up flawlessly.

Perhaps it just needs a bit of time to rest? That's all I can offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    well im not sure rest is the trick,im actually wondering if im just gonna try and format it,cant seem to find any solutions on the web

Sounds to me like a driver issue. I always keep a copy of Ubuntu (linux) around on disk just in case my PC fails to load Windows. That way I can boot to unix, find the offending file, and nuke it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    Sounds to me like a driver issue. I always keep a copy of Ubuntu (linux) around on disk just in case my PC fails to load Windows. That way I can boot to unix, find the offending file, and nuke it.
    haha funny enough i actually just put my Ubuntu disk into the computer and i booted it up now. But im not sure how to find the file that is causing the issue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Had the same issue when I installed the Razer software for my Naga. Uninstalled it immediately and now only use the mouse as a regular plug-n-play device.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you give us a more detailed description of the BSOD (minidumps help tremendously, you find them under C:\Windows\System32\Minidump usually), we can see what's going on. Without more information, we won't be of much help to you.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    If you give us a more detailed description of the BSOD (minidumps help tremendously, you find them under C:\Windows\System32\Minidump usually), we can see what's going on. Without more information, we won't be of much help to you.
    yeah thanks i actually just formated at reinstalled windows, been a while so i figured i'd just do it but thanks for the help all ^0^

Could be a lot of different things, but I've seen this happen as a result of malware that fucked with files/processes related to Windows logon. Of course, if that was the case, your reformat/reload probably took care of it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-10-04 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the computer tries to boot Windows hit the F8 key. Like literally right after you see the BIOS screen. You could try to boot into Windows safe mode and remove the driver. You could also try "Last Known Good Configuration", to temporarily fix the issue.