Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow WoD PvP Video -Seems It Works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smOiCrRAcfw

This is a Rank 1 Gladiator who streams his beta arena games, great setup and really good at this game....

So the spec can hold its own in arena even 2v2!

- - - Updated - - -

A similar thread was closed on the PvP forum saying advertising is not allowed...I am amazed but hay they run the forum not me...

Arguably the strongest combo in Beta today is Feral+Rogue and this guy with double caster won against them...You realise how hard it is to get gaps against a feral and a rogue!

All this is done in 2v2 a bracket seems every one says Shadow sucks so bad in just forget it...Imagine this guy in 3v3 or RBG you won't be able to stop him and he will melt faces....

The video answers many questions I had about build and how I should heal...The answer is simple, build for high mobility and anti melee...
    Last edited by Cempa; 2014-10-06 at 05:23 AM.

Disperse has Rank 1 titles, not just Gladiator

Ok thanks noted and mentioned...

What do Shadow players think about Arena (PvP) state of Shadow after watching that video?

Its Beta so no add ons or macros and every one has the same gear right? (At least he did not use any in this video)

10+ Year Old Account
    What do Shadow players think about Arena (PvP) state of Shadow after watching that video?
    Wait until everyone is comfortable with the new environment. The real situation will be revealed then.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smOiCrRAcfw

This is a Rank 1 Gladiator who streams his beta arena games, great setup and really good at this game....

So the spec can hold its own in arena even 2v2!

- - - Updated - - -

A similar thread was closed on the PvP forum saying advertising is not allowed...I am amazed but hay they run the forum not me...

Arguably the strongest combo in Beta today is Feral+Rogue and this guy with double caster won against them...You realise how hard it is to get gaps against a feral and a rogue!

All this is done in 2v2 a bracket seems every one says Shadow sucks so bad in just forget it...Imagine this guy in 3v3 or RBG you won't be able to stop him and he will melt faces....

The video answers many questions I had about build and how I should heal...The answer is simple, build for high mobility and anti melee...
    I was genuinely surprised someone posted this :P Thanks a ton man

Here is the video description:
    This Warlords of Draenor PvP video showcases the new talents and glyphs shadow priests have acquired in World of Warcraft, exclusively in 2v2 Arena matches. The skill quality of my partners and opponents vary and are sometimes low, as a result of this being filmed on the beta testing realms. The video contains no add ons or macros due to the unreliability of them, on said realms.

Highlights of the Video:

0-1:00- Showcases different uses for the new Leap of Faith(Can be used vs. rogues opener to unstealth them, Leap away when karma is applied,and Leap to your dieing Partner to Double fear opponent team)
    2:48 - 2vs1 against Enhancement Shaman and Frost Mage
    7:39 - Extremely high mobility when paired with a Warlock
    9:22- Leap of Faith rogues Cheapshot reopener
    16:28 - Using Glyph of Restored Faith vs. warrior charge and Glyph of Mind Blast Proc
    17:10 - Trying to survive vs. feral, showcases low healing capability of Spriests
    19:16 Tracklist

Glyphs Used:
    (
    New) Glyph of Restored Faith:
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=162849/...restored-faith

(New) Glyph of Delayed Coalescence:
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=162847/...ed-coalescence

Glyph of Mindblast:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87195

Showcasing new talent:
    Clarity of Power:
    http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=155246/clarity-of-power

This combination of glyphs/talents were chosen in order to maximize the mobility and increase the amount of damage my Shadowpriest can do while moving, as a result of Warlords of Draenor being very melee bias right now.

The synergy of Clarity of Power, and the glyph of mind blast, is very strong while kiting melee. As shown in this video it can proc at crucial times to avoid melee from having almost constant up-time on Shadow priests. Clarity of Power also enables Shadow Priest's with faster and more reliable orb generation, which is crucial considering Shadow Priest's now can obtain a total of 5 shadow orbs.

Warlords of Draenor in general, is a bit more similar to Burning Crusade than all of the other expansions. The damage is less, the amount of instant ccs are less, and heals are less for all classes except druids. Although the amount of melee gap closers, are still fairly high. Which is one of the main reasons why I chose the Glyph Of Restored Faith.

If you have any questions concerning Warlords of Draenor
    Shadow Priest gameplay, don't hesitate to ask them.

Look out for a 3v3 Arena video as well. Good luck in Warlords of Draenor!!
    Last edited by Disperse725; 2014-10-07 at 04:59 AM.

I think many Shadow Priest enthusiasts like myself are worried about WoD with question like how are we going to survive with the removal of armour buff and seeing how melee can keep such a big up time?

Most people seems to have thrown in the towel regarding 2v2...

Please explain your thinking process regarding SW:P with Clarity of Mind. As in when to use it?

How exactly do you take advantage of clarity seeing how every target seems to have VT?

Glyphs: In your video I noticed you use massdipel to remove ice block but you don't use the glyph, whats going on?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2014-10-07 at 07:17 AM.

Cempa, you seem to be forgetting that Mind Blast will freeze the target in place more often, not only because Clarity of Mind reduces the cooldown to 6 seconds, but also makes it instant cast permanently. Hop around lots. Two those two aspects seem much more important for durability than the extra damage. I believe this should make up for the loss of armor, obviously in addition to relying on certain talent/glyph picks.

Deleted
    How exactly do you take advantage of clarity seeing how every target seems to have VT?
    Instant cast Mind Blast. Reduced cooldown.
    The only time you need to stop to cast something is for VT.
    Also if you're trying to burst someone down and the healer dispels your dots suddenly each SoD proc you stored or SW: D deals 40% more damage.

Basically you play exactly the same as in MoP but with half of the CoP benefits.
    Glyphs: In your video I noticed you use massdipel to remove ice block but you don't use the glyph, whats going on?
    I think it's no longer necessary to gave the glyph.

Deleted
    ''This video is private''

Not sure how everyone else is able to see it x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Dropson View Post
    I think it's no longer necessary to gave the glyph.
    I've been following the beta pretty closely and haven't seen this change. I assumed Disperse just kept forgetting he can't remove block/bubble. Pretty sure one of those times he used it, it actually went off but nothing happened. The other times it seemed like the mage just came out of block naturally, .5 or so second before the MD went off.

Though if it's the case we can remove stuff without the glyph again, that would be pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post

He made the video private not sure why....Disperse?

I found another clip of MW+SP...the damage looks good right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCp5I2ewXHA
    Last edited by Cempa; 2014-10-07 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post

I had to make the video temporarily private due to some music copyright issue

The video link should work now

- - - Updated - - -

I think many Shadow Priest enthusiasts like myself are worried about WoD with question like how are we going to survive with the removal of armour buff and seeing how melee can keep such a big up time?

Most people seems to have thrown in the towel regarding 2v2...

Please explain your thinking process regarding SW:P with Clarity of Mind. As in when to use it?

The glyph of mass dispel was buggy in the earlier builds, but I think one of the clips I forgot I didn't have it equipped and still used mass dispel (it was late at night ).

You still need the glyph though just to be clear.

The damage increase from CoP isn't enough to warrant not dotting, atleast until your target is about 30-40 percent, and you are sure you can get a kill without dots(ie: make sure you have mindspike procs up or just redot the target asap). I mainly think that CoP should be played just like MoP in regards to splitting your dots for more procs, etc. Double instant mindblast followed by 3 orb dp can be devastating. In 3v3 we will be able to do some crazy things with the new Shadow pvp 4 peice bonus too...it gives you all the orbs you used for psychic horror back.

Keeping SW:P up on multiple targets is the top priority... for more mind blast procs, due to how Shadowy Insights works(it resets the CD on mindblast). Getting multiple VT's off can be hard if the opponent team is mainly melee (they will eventually interrupt you on cast and if they don't, you will just be wasting time trying to cast multiple VTs) and VT doesn't reset Mindblast it makes your Mind Spike CD reset/become instant cast. Mindblast is our #1 most important spell now, and in most cases should be used on cooldown for consistent orb gain and damage.
    Last edited by Disperse725; 2014-10-25 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disperse725 View Post
    I had to make the video temporarily private due to some music copyright issue

The video link should work now

- - - Updated - - -

The glyph of mass dispel was buggy in the earlier builds, but I think one of the clips I forgot I didn't have it equipped and still used mass dispel (it was late at night ).

You still need the glyph though just to be clear.

The damage increase from CoP isn't enough to warrant not dotting, atleast until your target is about 30-40 percent, and you are sure you can get a kill without dots(ie: make sure you have mindspike procs up or just redot the target asap). I mainly think that CoP should be played just like MoP in regards to splitting your dots for more procs, etc. Double instant mindblast followed by 3 orb dp can be devastating. In 3v3 we will be able to do some crazy things with the new Shadow peice 4 peice bonus too...it gives you all the orbs you used for psychic horror back.

Keeping SW:P up on multiple targets is the most important priority for more mind blast procs, due to how Shadowy Insights works,because getting multiple vt's off can be hard if the opponent team is melee (they will eventually silence you on cast and if they don't, you will just be wasting time trying to cast multiple VTs)

Also, in regards to Sw it resets the cooldown on mind blast, which is the #1 priority to c
    Is haste still our best stat?

Deleted
    How do you find SP in Battlegrounds/Ashran situations?

Of all classes/specs, I have always loved the concept behind Shadow Priest the most... but unfortunately, after getting bad experiences with Affliction Warlock (back in WLK, I think) I decided against going for a DoT-based class. I guess I just do not have enough patience to micromanage them, even with snapshotting being gone in WoD. I was hoping I could finally enjoy myself thanks to Clarity of Power talent, but according to you DoTs are still a must in most situations, so I guess I will not waste a boost on that class, only to find disappointment.

Shadow is pretty strong in pvp after the new patch. I easily do 30 mil dmg now and have the top kills. I went with my old talents but I took that glyph that gives you 3 devouring plagues.. Seems legit

Oh yes, the Leap of Faith glyph is going to be so useful. Great videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
    How do you find SP in Battlegrounds/Ashran situations?

Of all classes/specs, I have always loved the concept behind Shadow Priest the most... but unfortunately, after getting bad experiences with Affliction Warlock (back in WLK, I think) I decided against going for a DoT-based class. I guess I just do not have enough patience to micromanage them, even with snapshotting being gone in WoD. I was hoping I could finally enjoy myself thanks to Clarity of Power talent, but according to you DoTs are still a must in most situations, so I guess I will not waste a boost on that class, only to find disappointment.

Spriest is really strong in ashran. With our current mobility and the ability to split dots we are a huge threat in big group pvp. Especially considering mobs heal you in Ashran, so you can take the front of the lines, then pull back fairly easily.

But ya, based off of your comment...maybe you wouldn't enjoy the playstyle :/

Deleted
    I'm sure Blizzard will fix it before it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard will fix it before it goes live.
    Fix what exactly?

Disperse, how do you feel spriest are at dueling? They were way below average in MoP, has this changed?

Regards