Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It should be BM,no reason just because it's really easy.

And with BM you can just solo group misson and rare.

BM, as always. Tends to be good for any rare mob soloing, and I get to use my Spirit Beast. Plus, I can tame any new pet looks or families I want as I level, without having to respec if it's an Exotic I want.

Deleted
    BM, no waiting for dots or long cast times, just instant damage with instant casts.

Depends really. I doubt I'll switch out SV or BM for MM, so either one of those depending on the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival. Best spec for leveling, best spec to pull multiple mobs. Macro md to pet on all your moves

Deleted
    MM for 90% of the time, since the best DPS spec is "always" the fastest spec to level. I see people that spends an awful lot of time gathering series of mobs to aoe them down or for their pet to switch targets and say "bm r00lz for leveling cuz it can aoe and hold aggro", while going glass cannon single targeting all those mobs is usually faster, and damage taken is close to zero most of the time so having your pet tank every mob is a complete waste of time (yes! full mobility is really useful for once), which BTW can be done in any spec, with the adition of not relying on pet damage.

Also heirloom weapon will guarantee you having the best possible weapon at any level (there will be some exceptions as always) giving MM an edge.

THAT being said, it all will depend on how you approach leveling. Personally I'll mix questing/dungeons to maximize experience per time consumed. In most dungeons BM will be strong enough to be superior to MM, because in dungeons most of time spent is clearing trash which usually can be AoEd down. So the fastest dungeons will be run on heavy aoe specs rather than ST ones, plus you can switch spec for bosses etc.

I always end doing dungeons once for quests and then rely on questing, since it usually is faster than grinding dungeons nonstop, at least on medium population servers where it is easier to be ahead of the curve while questing than fighting for every mob and getting stuck in certain phases like in higher pop realms.

The spec I enjoy the most in 6.0. Any hunter spec is decent for lvling, so I'll play what ever I have fun with.
    They say WoD content is really, really good, so I won't rush all that much.

Deleted
    I'll level as MM as always. BM just really doesn't do it for me. Haven't had much time to playtest on the PTR/Beta but I'm sure MM will be a load of fun.

I'll start with Beast Mastery because it's what I like best. I'll try out the others as I go and see how I do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanas View Post
    I'll start with Beast Mastery because it's what I like best. I'll try out the others as I go and see how I do with them.
    If you have any decent gear, in the first few levels your pet will 1shot mobs and you don't get loot. Not sure if you get xp or not.

1st world problems.

Survival hunter because ef BM, that's why.

BM all the way.
    Invulnerable BW pet
    OP AoE
    Mob Control
    Easy Pet threat, opening up a major glyph spot for something besides Misdirection.
    Extra Stats (Exotic Pet)
    Low Focus costs

10+ Year Old Account
    Will use BM.

Will try MM/SV once I hit 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    BM all the way.
    Invulnerable BW pet
    OP AoE
    Mob Control
    Easy Pet threat, opening up a major glyph spot for something besides Misdirection.
    Extra Stats (Exotic Pet)
    Low Focus costs
    Is there something I am missing on beta? What exactly is the OP AoE? Been trying to find a spec to aoe mobs down that is equivalent to pre-6.0 serpent spread survival, which recked 9-10 mobs a time.
    Destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    Is there something I am missing on beta? What exactly is the OP AoE? Been trying to find a spec to aoe mobs down that is equivalent to pre-6.0 serpent spread survival, which recked 9-10 mobs a time.
    I've leveled to 95 on Beta as BM and have not found that much of an use for AoEing really. There are a few times, but those classify more as Cleave.

Also it just feels like they nerfed BM AoE, I could ST down 1 mob before Beast Cleave has gotten any other mob to even 80% with just pet attacks, cobra shot, gt and kill command.

Quote Originally Posted by lordreinhart View Post
    I don't know what to say, I am able to pull massive packs of mobs and cleave them down within 10 seconds or less. The only time that it gets more intense is around 98+ where you actually have to micro your pet and use CC's so that it doesn't get raped.
    Do what you want, but I have had the most success with BM, and plan on sticking with it unless something changes.

Call me stupid, I dont care ! SV since I like the playstyle now and dont really mind being a " DOT" specc in WoD even tho its propably worst specc there is.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably be BM for two reasons:

1) Usually easier to solo group quests and rares as BM
    2) Since the Lone Wolf talent is the only good level 100 talent, I won't be using my pet much at 100 so may as well have some time together while we can.

Deleted
    BM for 2 reasons.

1. The pet can do his stuff while I pick up quest items/herbs/other
    2. I can get Gara on my way to 100

BM/MM. Havent decided yet, I have to do some more testing. I will probably change between the two a lot during leveling.
    Last edited by magazta; 2014-10-08 at 11:37 AM.
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.