Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think you can really compare the anime seeing as how pokemon literally has no specific story besides Ash (SPOILER!) trying to become the pokemon master and failing over and over again. (heueuheu)

I used to watch Digimon a lot, but because I was fairly young back then I can't really remember much to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to add that the Music from digimon is awesome too! they did a great Job translating the original japanese Songs in german

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i liked the pokemon Anime back then, but stopped because it became boring. but i'm still playing the games

digimon season 1+2 were awesome as hell
    digimon Tamers was bullshit in my eyes :/
    digimon frontier was good even though they didnt have Partners..

then i stopped watching. regarding the games, there were a few that were actually "good" but nothing Special unfortunately

so my answer is:

Games: Pokemon
    Anime: Digimon

pardon my english
    I only remember digimon based on season (series?) but would frontier be the one where the kids(teens?) themselves became digimon?

Digimon the tv show over pokemon anyday. Pokemon in games over digimon for me since I only played one digimon game and it was on ps1. The last battle with Myotismon was epic...just saying.

Also thx for the thread just rechecked on netflix to see if it was finally in english and it is. Woot watching the 3 seasons on there now

Edit: Also to add the Digimon movie was just pure awesome.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-10-22 at 08:39 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Dude, Monster Rancher all the way. Buying stupid fucking CDs trying to get specific monsters was actually one of the coolest things ever, and the only reason I EVER bought a Brittany Spears CD.
    LOL clearly you never knew about the subcode and how you could burn your own rare CDs and without copying songs(yeah massive MR fan)- i sooooo wish they still made main series Monster Rancher games...Would be badass(5 was crap IMO but 4 was pretty fun though i will say i feel that removing death in the ps3 gen sucked..i literally cried when my frist monster died)

As for the OP topic..Hmmm i found digimon cooler but enjoyed pokemon for some time. Though game wise i simpley LOVED the digimon games.

I guess i liked them both but digimon comes out on top. Also season 3 and 5 are my favorites and seriously WATCH X EVOLUTION IF YOU HAVEN'T FREAKING BADASS! Also sets up fro savers and digimon world 4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Digimon the tv show over pokemon anyday. Pokemon in games over digimon for me since I only played one digimon game and it was on ps1. The last battle with Myotismon was epic...just saying.

Also thx for the thread just rechecked on netflix to see if it was finally in english and it is. Woot watching the 3 seasons on there now

Edit: Also to add the Digimon movie was just pure awesome.
    Yeah I STILL love Beelzemon and Dukemon/Megidramon(seriously MEGIDRAMON RULES)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I only remember digimon based on season (series?) but would frontier be the one where the kids(teens?) themselves became digimon?
    yes, Digimon Frontier (Season 4) was the one were they became digimon. Tamers (Season 3) was the one with the Cards and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, Digimon Frontier (Season 4) was the one were they became digimon. Tamers (Season 3) was the one with the Cards and stuff
    Technically they became digimon ins season 3 via Biomerging

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah I STILL love Beelzemon and Dukemon/Megidramon(seriously MEGIDRAMON RULES)
    Myotismon was maybe the first Villain character I ever liked. Just seemed cool and come on how many "kid" cartoons can you say the villain killed a few people, inslaved awhole town and dam near destoryed that town.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I was pissed when they moved the time slot for Digimon Tamers from 7:30am to 8:30am so because of school I missed the last few epsiodes leading up to the end.

Can't wait to watch it now starting from Season 1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

D3 Digivice was best Digivice.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Myotismon was maybe the first Villain character I ever liked. Just seemed cool and come on how many "kid" cartoons can you say the villain killed a few people, inslaved awhole town and dam near destoryed that town.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I was pissed when they moved the time slot for Digimon Tamers from 7:30am to 8:30am so because of school I missed the last few epsiodes leading up to the end.

Can't wait to watch it now starting from Season 1.
    Dude you have NO idea...We got SOOO screwed over where i live NO notice of channelc ahnge period..had tos pend months tracking it down..

And I had worse Mon Collie Knights last episode replaced by Baseball....AND NEVER AIRED AGAIN!

Dude you have NO idea...We got SOOO screwed over where i live NO notice of channelc ahnge period..had tos pend months tracking it down..

And I had worse Mon Collie Knights last episode replaced by Baseball....AND NEVER AIRED AGAIN!
    That is depressing. Hope u was able to find that epsiode and watch it

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically they became digimon ins season 3 via Biomerging
    i know... i hated this season. dont know why anymore, maybe it was the plot, no idea. but i thought this fusion Thing was garbage

EDIT:
    @Jtbrig7390

well i had the luck that it was airing midafternoon when i was home from School. when i couldnt make it i made sure to record it on vhs
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2014-10-22 at 09:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is depressing. Hope u was able to find that epsiode and watch it
    No dioce....not even online...Not even subbed....CURSE YOU FOX KIDS CURSE YOU!

Also just one reason i cannot stand baseball..sport has a history of fucking me over....

- - - Updated - - -

i know... i hated this season. dont know why anymore, maybe it was the plot, no idea. but i thought this fusion Thing was garbage

EDIT:
    @Jtbrig7390

well i had the luck that it was airing midafternoon when i was home from School. when i couldnt make it i made sure to record it on vhs
    Yeah for me was ONLY aired saturday mornings in the 10:30 slot...Annnd oc COURSE they never adjusted for world series...

10+ Year Old Account
    There was something about the theme songs which was getting progressively annoying for me, now that i look back at it.

Season 1. Come on, it's season 1. Original theme song.
    Season 2. I think it was slightly changed, but for some reason sounded crisper. Still the same song though.
    Season 3. Oh look, same song. But wait! IT SOUNDS DIFFERENTER!
    Season 4. It's probably my favourite out of the lot because it broke the mold and sounds awesome IMO.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Pokemon. Every single time.

I hated the Digimon theme.

in reagrads to video games one is CLEARLY better then the other (Pokemon). but in terms of the TV show I have to say I enjoyed Digimon a lot more. it had drama, action, a sense of urgency that cascaded till the end at last with the first couple of seasons. while the Pokemon TV show has a mediocre yet immortal protagonist and is painfully bent to favor kids, which I know is the main demo of the show don't get me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    There was something about the theme songs which was getting progressively annoying for me, now that i look back at it.

Season 1. Come on, it's season 1. Original theme song.
    Season 2. I think it was slightly changed, but for some reason sounded crisper. Still the same song though.
    Season 3. Oh look, same song. But wait! IT SOUNDS DIFFERENTER!
    Season 4. It's probably my favourite out of the lot because it broke the mold and sounds awesome IMO.
    Each of the 3 originals had slight differences(such as season 2s mentioning armor digivolving abd seasons 3s changing "To save the digital world" to "save and defend the world" and changing the "Armor digivolve" line to "digi modify"

Yeeeah I did just pull up the openings on netflix lol.

First season them the best. Also the japanese sub and music are weird for digmon. Its like sone operatic crap. The digimon movie is fkin awesome. The part where omnimon arrives still gives me goosebumps